I have a friend with a broken cell phone and I told her I would give her my old voyager. What do I need to do to wipe all my info before I give it to her?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-09 05:14 PM
    I have a friend with a broken cell phone and I told her I would give her my old voyager. What do I need to do to wipe all my info before I give it to her?
    Jim - go to the VZW site if you don't still have the manual. There should be instructions on a full device reset.

04-20-09 05:24 PM
    This is gonna make me look really bad..... But I had forgotten that you could even lok in a manual for something like that..... In fact, I dogot things even came with manuals lol

04-20-09 05:51 PM
    if I could guess I would say go to the settongs and go to security and their may be a total reset option.
    If not just go to the contacts and hit menu and select delete all and then you will prob have to put in your security code and do the same with pics and messages

04-20-09 05:57 PM

go to menu, settings and tools, phone settings, security, enter passcode (should bel ast four of the phone number), tap restore phone and it'll wipe.
    04-20-09 06:06 PM
    This is gonna make me look really bad..... But I had forgotten that you could even lok in a manual for something like that..... In fact, I dogot things even came with manuals lol
    Don't feel bad - be proud. It is a red-blooded American guy thing.

People are always saying RTFM (Read The Farsi Manual). I say - I DON'T READ FARSI!!! In reality, I am a guy. What is a manual?

Whatever it is, it might as well be written in Farsi, for all I care.

04-20-09 06:17 PM
    go to menu, settings and tools, phone settings, security, enter passcode (should bel ast four of the phone number), tap restore phone and it'll wipe.
    doing a restore phone is not a good idea on the newer phones. you want to go to contacts and hit erase all and then in the phone for your other stuff you can hit

menu-> settings and tools-> memory->phone memory go into each folder and hit-options- erase- mark all- then done.

that will clear out the other media.

The reason you should not do a system restore is that it can make the phone lose signal . The reason I know is that I am the lead Technican for my store.
    04-20-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD