10-12-11 04:06 AM
32 12
tools
    I currently have a Storm and for the most part love it but im getting kind of bored with the whole Blackberry OS and everything. So my question is and try and not be bias towards Blackberry lol . But in everyones opinion what is better a Blackberry or Windows phone?
    10-06-09 12:59 PM
    I currently have a Storm and for the most part love it but im getting kind of bored with the whole Blackberry OS and everything. So my question is and try and not be bias towards Blackberry lol . But in everyones opinion what is better a Blackberry or Windows phone?
    From my personal opinion I like Blackberry better - for now. Simple and it has tons of different apps and 3rd party support.

Windows Mobile 6.5 and the new line up of phones coming out seem VERY promising. So I'm 99.9% sure I will be going to WiMo or Android soon to expand my knowledge on those phones.
    10-06-09 01:04 PM
    Blackberry ftw...but those iphone are pretty cool too!
    10-06-09 01:05 PM
    See thats my problem the new Windows phones look really good but Android would be the best.I just dont no what to do so many options and I dont wanna make the wrong decision and be stuck with something I hate for the next 2 years.
    10-06-09 01:07 PM
    winmo is very limited and is always behind the times
    10-06-09 01:12 PM
    winmo is very limited and is always behind the times
    Not always... but the q... oh the q...
    10-06-09 01:17 PM
    But 6.5 did just come out today if that really means anything.Ive never messed with a Winmo phone so I honestly dont no if that update is a good thing or not.
    10-06-09 01:20 PM
    loved my q then I was introduced to BlackBerry and discovered what i was missing lol
    10-06-09 01:21 PM
    So that like 4 points for Blackberry
    10-06-09 01:26 PM
    See thats my problem the new Windows phones look really good but Android would be the best.I just dont no what to do so many options and I dont wanna make the wrong decision and be stuck with something I hate for the next 2 years.
    I'd say wait till the end of this month at least and go into a store and play with a few phones. I'm in the same situation - I don't want to jump the gun and get a phone I will regret having because something WAY cooler came out just a few days later. And the way VZW is releasing these phones lately that could happen.
    10-06-09 02:16 PM
    Well I think I just had my mind made up for me.Just read that Verizon is going to get Android phones sometime this year or early next.And if thats true im waiting.The G1 was effin amazing if you ask me.Hope the rumors are true.
    10-06-09 02:20 PM
    Well I think I just had my mind made up for me.Just read that Verizon is going to get Android phones sometime this year or early next.And if thats true im waiting.The G1 was effin amazing if you ask me.Hope the rumors are true.
    Oh it's true alright..

The Google CEO and VZW CEO don't just hang out for S&G...

10-06-09 02:23 PM
    A requote from a post I just made in a different thread...

As for the seemingly non-stop parade of anti-Windows types, yes, there were issues in the past. Most of these stemmed from trying to cram a desktop into your hand & users unaware of what happens when you delete a file or change a setting. Most of that has changed. New UI overlays, like those from Samsung & HTC, as well as dramatically more powerful processors & expanded memory have put the issues of the past in the past.

Now, instead of a Windows OS in need of more power to run on, we're seeing a BlackBerry OS that has plenty of power to run, but the OS is incapable of using all the power.

Basically, until you've tried WM6.5 with TouchFlo 3D or TouchWiz2, you really don't know what you're talking about. It is that dramatically different - not 7.0, mind you, but worlds ahead of BlackBerry.

With WM, you can do anything you can do with BlackBerry, plus quite a bit more.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-06-09 02:25 PM
    Now they just have to give out the release date for the Droid phones and I will be a very happy guy.

But im still gonna check out a Winmo phone also if the Verizon store by me ever gets the new ones in that is.
    10-06-09 02:28 PM
    A requote from a post I just made in a different thread...

As for the seemingly non-stop parade of anti-Windows types, yes, there were issues in the past. Most of these stemmed from trying to cram a desktop into your hand & users unaware of what happens when you delete a file or change a setting. Most of that has changed. New UI overlays, like those from Samsung & HTC, as well as dramatically more powerful processors & expanded memory have put the issues of the past in the past.

Now, instead of a Windows OS in need of more power to run on, we're seeing a BlackBerry OS that has plenty of power to run, but the OS is incapable of using all the power.

Basically, until you've tried WM6.5 with TouchFlo 3D or TouchWiz2, you really don't know what you're talking about. It is that dramatically different - not 7.0, mind you, but worlds ahead of BlackBerry.

With WM, you can do anything you can do with BlackBerry, plus quite a bit more.

And if you are talking to me I never claimed to know what I was talking about hence why I was asking for peoples opinions on what they thought was better.
    10-06-09 02:30 PM
    I can not say which is better because all I have owned so far is a Curve but I will say that I am going to get something other then a berry next. Not because I don't like RIM but I want to try out something with either windows or hopefully linux. Haven't looked into android but the upcoming sholes looks pretty cool too. I have decided to wait about 4 months to see what all is offered before I decide.
    10-06-09 02:39 PM
    I like the simplicity of a blackberry.
    10-06-09 02:55 PM
    And if you are talking to me I never claimed to know what I was talking about hence why I was asking for peoples opinions on what they thought was better.
    It was intended as an answer to your question, with an eye toward a response to those who are anti-WM.

All I am saying is don't be afraid of WM. If you were looking at an older model, like the XV6700/6800, I'd say RUN FOR THE HILLS! - but there should be none of those concerns with the new HTC or Samsung models.

If you want simplicity, you're only going to be able to do simple tasks - might as well get a Rogue or enV. But these new models make WM about as simple to operate as possible.
    10-06-09 03:39 PM
    Ok just making sure I was not being a **** just saying that I dont no much about Winmo. And heck no to the enV after having a smart phone I will never be able to go back to regular phone so to say. And I dont want simple I like having the freedom to do what I want to my phone and not have to rely on the carrier to set restrctions on what the phone is capable of doing.Im gonna go look at the TP2 if I can find one and see it I like it or not.
    10-06-09 04:31 PM
    I could see getting a phone powered by google software before winmo. Simplicity is good. One hand operation is good. Both are the antithesis of winmo.

10-06-09 04:46 PM
    I've owned
    Samsung i600
    Treo 700W
    Samsung i760 (Multiple software versions).

The Treo was fine but lacked voice dialing.
    The i760 was okay but was buggy as all ****.

I switched to a BB Storm and have had it for almost a year.
    No going back to Windows Mobile.
    I'll stick to touch screen BB phones.
    10-06-09 05:40 PM
    So pretty much what im getting out of this is stick with a Blackberry or wait til an Android phone comes out.
    10-06-09 05:44 PM
    I think you are getting answers coming from people on a BB fan site. I can guarantee you would get a different response on a different forum. Best advice is try them all if possible in a store and get what you like. All these phones are more then capable and it is simply user preference as to what is best.
    10-06-09 08:02 PM
    I've owned
    Samsung i600
    Treo 700W
    Samsung i760 (Multiple software versions).

The Treo was fine but lacked voice dialing.
    The i760 was okay but was buggy as all ****.

I switched to a BB Storm and have had it for almost a year.
    No going back to Windows Mobile.
    I'll stick to touch screen BB phones.
    I've had what you've had, plus every BlackBerry model, multiple Symbians, iPhones (every version), the G1, Samsung, HTC, Moto, Nokia, and more.

There is no way I would tolerate having BlackBerry as my only phone.

I think you are getting answers coming from people on a BB fan site. I can guarantee you would get a different response on a different forum. Best advice is try them all if possible in a store and get what you like. All these phones are more then capable and it is simply user preference as to what is best.
    This is one smart soul - and I am not saying that simply because one or two people here have accused him of being another alter-ego.

You don't go to a Camaro site asking if the Mustang is better.

Now, think about why I garner so much attention here. I speak from experience - not from having one or two smartphones. I have literally had hundreds. I have 17 activated smartphones on my desk rack right now, and that isn't including the kids' phones, the grandkids' phones or the ones I pay for my employees to use. They range in age from under a week to about four months & all major carriers & platforms are represented.

When I speak of a platform, I can do far more than just tell you what I like or dislike - I can tell you why, often while staring at a similar device. I don't report what I have heard - I tell you what I am seeing. And, unlike our friend whom I quoted above, my devices are current - they don't go back years in history.

I get attention because I buck the trends & tell you what I see without regurgitating what I've read or heard - and I do that without regard to the focus of the site I am on. This ticks people off whose very identity is intrinsically tied to the phone they've chosen. For me, I couldn't care less - the phones I carry do not define me, nor will I ever be stupid enough to see them as anything other than a convenience.

Go check out arstechnica.com, xda-developers.com or wmexperts.com (sister site to this one). Then go out & feel them, try them & play with them. Then decide.
    10-06-09 09:10 PM
    I've always had a soft spot for Windows Mobile, even in my Palm fangirl days.

IMO, the major deal to me with 6.5 is that they're finally giving the browser an overhaul, which has been needed in Windows Mobile for some time. (Opera mobile is pretty nice, but it's also nice not having to shell out a few extra bucks for something that should be there in the first place.)

But there's also a lot of UI enhancements and such that have been long overdue. That said, the OS itself has always been versatile and powerful.

Now for a useless fact. Wanna know why Microsoft makes so much Nintendo DS software? Because the Nintendo DS uses the same architecture as Windows Mobile. It'd only be natural for a software company like Microsoft to stick with familiar territory, eh?
    10-06-09 09:40 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD