Okay;
    my collegues inquire...

Getting a lot of calls today about the compatibility of BBDTM 5.0 with Win7

I have the evaluation copy of win7 activated and 5.0 and it works just fine.
    However, there have been at least 5-10 people with issues with the compatibility.
    No info anywhere.
    Anybody shed any light on the subject.
    10-25-09 02:03 PM
    BBDTM5 has some issues, but Microsoft has them covered.

Depending on their setup, some might have to run it in XP mode. But before you have them do that, make 100% sure the've run Windows Update until no patches are left to get.
    10-25-09 02:16 PM
    Has been running just great for me even during the beta builds.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 02:18 PM
    see like I said; I have no issues with my beta copy. but we've been getting calls all day on it.
    My teammates are having coniption fits over it.
    You know whats even better and almost funny.
    Store reps are telling people the broadband usb modems arent compatible with win7!!! LMAO
    10-25-09 02:36 PM
    I have a full Windows 7 Professional on my laptop and it runs the DTM just fine. Using it right now to upgrade my BB OS.
    10-26-09 09:34 AM
    again; see... now did some research and found a fix on blackberry.com for the registry.
    here's the link for anyone who needs it.

Windows 7 and Blackberry Desktop Manager
    10-26-09 10:17 AM
    Pffft the way I look at it is, it worked fine with what you had and its not our responsibility to get that P.O.S. working again. bye.
    10-26-09 10:18 AM
    I've been running Win 7 and BDM 5 for at least 2 months now with no issues at all. Works perfectly. This is with a clean install of Win7 and that may make a difference.
    10-26-09 10:35 AM
    works fine for me.
    10-26-09 11:28 AM
    again; see... now did some research and found a fix on blackberry.com for the registry.
    here's the link for anyone who needs it.

Windows 7 and Blackberry Desktop Manager
    This is a registry fix for Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, not Windows 7. This registry fix was posted back in 2007.
    10-26-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD