Been with VZW since they were GTE (in CA, so...1996 maybe?) Pay my bill etc, good customer, brought friends over etc. 3 years ago they offered me early upgrade to a Pearl and I jumped on the BB bandwagon. This summer I did my upgrade to a Tour. Now the Droid is here and I want to switch without paying $559.

So how can I do this?

Going theory now is add a second line to my account for $9.99/month get a Droid on it and then swap the ESN to my main line and move my Tour to the second line. But, would I have to get a data plan and all that other stuff on the new line?

Basically what's the cheapest, easiest way to get a Droid? Is it adding a line (I only have the one) and if so what is the total monthly cost of that line assuming it's not ever really used? Or is it biting the bullet, paying the $559 and putting half on m account and paying half and pay the balance over (a short) time.

This is all in theory, but I can't simply call VZW and ask for honesty and help circumventing their system. Not looking for flames, just open discussion.
    11-23-09 08:23 PM
    Yes you can do that, but I would get cheap non data phone to add to the add a line- this will let you remove the data plan and only have to pay the 9.99. Yes you can full retail or wait for your upgrade.
    11-23-09 08:28 PM
    Sell the Tour and get the droid... otherwise it'll cost you more in the long run..
    11-23-09 08:56 PM
    You can't add a line for 9.99 unless you already have a family share plan. assuming that you have the lowest number of minutes on the "Basic" plan, thats an extra 30 a month x 24 months = 720. Draw your own conclusion
    11-23-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD