I am not due for an upgrade for awhile. My parents however are. Would it work to have them upgrade to a Tour and then a week or so later call and ask to switch to back to their old phone and give me the Tour? What do you think? I don't want them to get screwed in the deal, I just want an upgrade from my Pearl. Thanks in advance!
    07-21-09 03:32 PM
    yes that would work.
    07-21-09 03:36 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Is it just that simple? They wouldn't get dinged or anything?
    07-21-09 03:42 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Is it just that simple? They wouldn't get dinged or anything?
    Yeah it seems like more difficult but its easy. As long as someone has an upgrade then they can upgrade to the tour and as long as they have another phone to move over to the tour line to move it to your line you are good to go.
    My GF just had an upgrade and I got a tour, the same day i moved it onto my line( I couldnt wait)
    Just dont try like adding a line for the tour then taking the tour off then dropping the line or any of that jazz
    07-21-09 03:45 PM
    Thanks so much!
    07-21-09 03:48 PM
    No problem enjoy.
    07-21-09 03:59 PM
    It's called an alternate upgrade and there is no difficulty whatsoever in doing so. No need to switch back and forth between phones.
    07-21-09 04:04 PM
    Ya just ask the CSR when you go to activate the device. Instead of having to wait a week or even a day they can add it to your line on the spot. Its actually done quite often, Ive had it done at least 5 times.
    07-21-09 04:14 PM
    Oya true I always have people that call in and they ordered the phone online and therefore the phone they order is linked to the number they ordered it too. Therefore, you have to activate the phone on the line it was ordered for before moving it over.
    07-21-09 04:22 PM

U can use their upgrade if they are elgible by letting the store rep of an alternate upgrade. The phone gets activated on your line but their line the contract will extend out 2 years. That will not interup their svcs at all while ur upgrading. Hope this helps.
    07-21-09 04:55 PM
    Oya true
    Oyvey?

Hope this helps.
    It might have, if I could understand a thing you just wrote.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 05:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD