Thanks fellas. I want the Torch so bad, but refuse to move over to att.
    08-23-10 02:51 PM
    No, because the Torch runs on GSM networks while VZW uses CDMA networks.

Eventually this form factor might get to VZW, but I've not heard of plans in the works for a Torch-like device on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-10 04:23 PM
    I think its more like VZW gets the Storm and AT&T gets the Torch...sorta like give and take. I think if we ever see the Storm move to AT&T then we might be able to see the Torch over on VZW. Just food for thought.
    08-23-10 05:26 PM
    No, because the Torch runs on GSM networks while VZW uses CDMA networks.

Eventually this form factor might get to VZW, but I've not heard of plans in the works for a Torch-like device on VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I realize that one is GSM and the other is CDMA. My question is will there be a CDMA slider?
    08-24-10 08:55 AM
    i heard a few people say there is gonna be a CDMA torch. but there hasnt been an official word about it. so i wouldnt count on it as of right now. but i wouldnt mind that coming to sprint or verizon. that would be pretty cool. we're getting the clamhog.........LOL........dont hink i'll be getting that one. havent had a flip since high school (although alot of peeps may like a flip)......but not me
    08-24-10 08:58 AM
    i heard on a podcast that VZW requested the clamshel though
    08-24-10 08:59 AM
    ANYTHING is possible but at this point no info has leaked about a CDMA (or LTE) version of a Torch or Torch like device. We have plenty of info on the clam, and SOME info on a coming Storm device, actually 2 Storm devices, one is a simple refresh of the Storm2 with a bit more memory and camera upgrade, BUT the more intriguing Storm device is an LTE Storm that is coming (we've heard) early next year with MUCH beefier specs and possibly???? a brand new OS????
    08-24-10 10:40 AM
    can we really stop asking people do you think this will come....us crackberry users no as much as you at this point....what does it make you feel better asking?
    08-24-10 03:13 PM
    Seeing that the Torch was a joint effort between at&t and RIM, I'd say no.
    08-24-10 04:40 PM
    i heard on a podcast that VZW requested the clamshel though
    God I hope not...let that ugly phone hit Sprint and stay there.
    08-24-10 11:38 PM
    I realize that one is GSM and the other is CDMA. My question is will there be a CDMA slider?
    Who knows dude. You can do just as much research as anyone on here can. Instead of being asking other people to answer questions you have, go online and find the answer(or the best one available) for yourself. ATT just got the Torch.
    08-27-10 10:31 AM
    can we really stop asking people do you think this will come....us crackberry users no as much as you at this point....what does it make you feel better asking?
    Who knows dude. You can do just as much research as anyone on here can. Instead of being asking other people to answer questions you have, go online and find the answer(or the best one available) for yourself. ATT just got the Torch.
    I was just asking a question in the VZW forum as I'm sure VZW employees read this. Was just throwing it out there. Your posts are completely unnecessary and add no value. Thanks though.
    08-27-10 02:34 PM
    I think its more like VZW gets the Storm and AT&T gets the Torch...sorta like give and take. I think if we ever see the Storm move to AT&T then we might be able to see the Torch over on VZW. Just food for thought.
    The question really is, how long is the Torch contracted to be an AT&T exclusive? Once the exclusivity ends, then perhaps there will be a CDMA Torch.
    08-29-10 11:31 AM
    I was just asking a question in the VZW forum as I'm sure VZW employees read this. Was just throwing it out there. Your posts are completely unnecessary and add no value. Thanks though.
    Yeah, im a Verizon employee.....again, its a question thats asked 100 times a week and the answer is always the same. We add no value? You added nothing but a pointless post in the Verizon forum.
    08-29-10 11:35 AM
    I would rather see the "XT300" on VZW
    08-31-10 09:24 AM
    That appears to be a Droid slider and you KNOW how much Verizon loves Droids, so you never know.
    08-31-10 02:28 PM
    that's what I was thinking...
    08-31-10 02:37 PM
    I'm just curious and I don't know much about different carriers and their network types. I was reading the front page articles here about the Torch coming to Bell, Telus and Rogers and from what I can tell by googling/researching is that 2 of them are CDMA carriers like Verizon?

Does this mean that it could be more likely that a Torch could come to Verizon seeing as a CDMA Torch is being sold in Canada? Just a question and I'm not sure about this because I don't know much about carriers and network types.
    09-01-10 06:06 PM
    I'm just curious and I don't know much about different carriers and their network types. I was reading the front page articles here about the Torch coming to Bell, Telus and Rogers and from what I can tell by googling/researching is that 2 of them are CDMA carriers like Verizon?

Does this mean that it could be more likely that a Torch could come to Verizon seeing as a CDMA Torch is being sold in Canada? Just a question and I'm not sure about this because I don't know much about carriers and network types.
    While Bell & Telus have CDMA networks, they also have GSM (3G only) networks, and the Torch will operate on their GSM side, NOT their CDMA side. Sorry!
    09-01-10 07:21 PM
    Thank you for explaining that in a easy to understand and polite way. I appreciate that!

I guess its back to waiting/hoping. :/
    09-02-10 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD