I'm a new customer and just received my phone today. I haven't activated it yet because when I ordered, I requested a number with a 919 prefix (not area code). The rep said ok and at the end of the order gave me my phone number which did indeed have the 919 prefix.

However, when I opened the box and read my invoice, it says my number has a 717 prefix (last four digits are the same as the number the rep gave me with the 919 prefix). I asked for the 919 for a reason, is there any way that VZW can/will change this for me?

Thanks,

Matt
    12-11-08 07:40 PM
    I'm a new customer and just received my phone today. I haven't activated it yet because when I ordered, I requested a number with a 919 prefix (not area code). The rep said ok and at the end of the order gave me my phone number which did indeed have the 919 prefix.

However, when I opened the box and read my invoice, it says my number has a 717 prefix (last four digits are the same as the number the rep gave me with the 919 prefix). I asked for the 919 for a reason, is there any way that VZW can/will change this for me?

Thanks,

Matt
    Give them a call and ask. I would guess the answer is yes.
    12-11-08 09:24 PM
    I did the same thing not to long ago, and they were more than willing to help. It took the cs a couple of minutes to resolve it. Just call em up and u should be golden. Let us know how this goes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 05:03 PM
    Yep just call you will be fine.
    12-12-08 05:04 PM
    VZW would be happy to change if for you. Esp if you didn't get the correct prefix you asked for!
    12-12-08 06:51 PM
    I called and it took about 5 mins for him to check if the prefix i wanted was available and then he waited for me to program the phone to make sure everything worked. Easy!

Thanks again!
    12-20-08 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD