12-28-09 10:57 AM
47 12
tools
    Actually, VZW & AT&T will actually be cutting prices to match Sprint & T-Mobile.

The minute either Sprint or T-Mobile claims 60+ million subscriber lines.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    i lol'ed pretty hard.
    exactly...why would vzw lower their prices when they know they have their customers because they have the BEST service to offer? hello people lets all wake up from out dream here.
    11-17-09 10:23 AM
    Seriously. You get what you pay for.

11-17-09 12:29 PM
    Technically this is not free. Makes absolutely no sense to me but you have to purchase a plan with more minutes to be able to take advantage of this?? I got a call from Verizon for this and im on a family plan. They said I needed to bump up to the 1400 minute plan to take advantage of this. Whats the point of being able to call people for free if you have to pay extra for minutes that you probably wont use?? Its beyond me
    They may throw the customers a bone. Thats all we ask for
    That was the bone. It's hard to believe that so many people complain about a free feature.
    11-17-09 12:34 PM
    I have 500 mins, the bb plan with unlimited data, the 500 txts a month and an add a line for 9.99 per month and my plan still comes out to less than 100 bucks a month. The 19% discount from my employer is also a big bonus!
    I just hate all the damn taxes and fees

11-18-09 08:32 PM
    TBH, I've heard some rumors of some new plans in Q4 or Q1, whether that means they'll be instituting the same plans w/ lower prices or actually creating new plans (Maybe Nationwide + North America) or something I do not know. As of now though, there are no plans to lower price plans or create price plans.

Unfortunately Verizon does not cut price plans for people, everyone pays the same. TBH reps hear "I will cancel" every day, all day. I don't think you're being unreasonable, I understand how times are hard, but you have to realize that you get what you pay for. The constant connection, more unlimited calling (mobile to mobile + friends and family) the customer service 6am-11pm everyday etc. It would be up to you to decide if it's worth it. However, a lot of customers who do leave end up coming back.

One option you may have is to add an employer discount to your bill, do you work for a company that has a discount? You can check at http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=qVGoDNLh

Thanks for the info, Weekendbum. I did this and am now saving about $70 off my bill from my two lines from here on! Fantastic
    11-18-09 09:05 PM
    They may throw the customers a bone. Thats all we ask for
    Bend over - they wil give you one.
    11-18-09 10:36 PM
    LMAO it's funny because it's true.
    11-18-09 10:52 PM
    Oh thats what 25% discount is the petro jel...........
    Twisted X Dad u are siiiiiick
    11-19-09 10:00 AM
    I gotta tell ya;
    I did get the proverbial bone; and I got it
    on Fri. the 13th. Nov.
    Saw a sales rep that got moved
    from a store that I frequented.
    To a new store that I just happened
    to stop in looking for that new
    Plantronics Discovery 975 BT headset.
    Anyhow I have been wanting a netbook for
    quite some time. I don't know how she did
    it but I walked out with that HP Mini 311
    after mail in for 100.00
    I couldn't pass it up; also beating that new 350.00
    etf policy. As I am more likely to ETF that than I
    will my phone.......
    Oh I did find that BT headset at the VZ store
    for with my discount for 99.00 out the door.

I did however return my moto Droid.
    So I will be waiting til mid Dec to purchase
    a new phone and I know I will have lots more to
    play around with and choose from.
    But they do throw u that proverbial bone.
    or the petro lube however u wanna look at it.
    Thats why I love VZ baby...........
    I know it's kinda off topic but just had to share that experience.
    11-19-09 10:16 AM
    I gotta tell ya;
    I did get the proverbial bone; and I got it
    on Fri. the 13th. Nov.
    Saw a sales rep that got moved
    from a store that I frequented.
    To a new store that I just happened
    to stop in looking for that new
    Plantronics Discovery 975 BT headset.
    Anyhow I have been wanting a netbook for
    quite some time. I don't know how she did
    it but I walked out with that HP Mini 311
    after mail in for 100.00
    I couldn't pass it up; also beating that new 350.00
    etf policy. As I am more likely to ETF that than I
    will my phone.......

Oh I did find that BT headset at the VZ store
    for with my discount for 99.00 out the door.

I did however return my moto Droid.
    So I will be waiting til mid Dec to purchase
    a new phone and I know I will have lots more to
    play around with and choose from.
    But they do throw u that proverbial bone.
    or the petro lube however u wanna look at it.
    Thats why I love VZ baby...........
    I know it's kinda off topic but just had to share that experience.
    SCAMMER! LOL Good to hear you had a good experience its always good to have a friend in the store.
    11-19-09 10:20 AM
    SCAMMER! LOL Good to hear you had a good experience its always good to have a friend in the store.
    Thanks; and besides I'm not leaving VZ anytime soon
    11-19-09 10:45 AM
    Wow. I am incredibly stupid. I do NOT have the $10/month txt plan. At least not anymore. Seems VZ "upgraded" my plan w/o letting me know. I'm actually on the Nationwide 450 select plan, with unltd. txting to all carriers. In any case, my monthly recurring charge is $59.99, not the $49.99 I had originally reported. I feel stupid for not knowing this sooner, but this def. isn't the plan I originally signed up for. And I never changed my plan, so who knows how this happened? It's probably good at the end of the day, to not have the meter ticking on txts. But wow.
    11-19-09 08:00 PM
    Well, someone had to request the plan chnge

We dont change peoples plans without it

11-19-09 09:15 PM
    Well, someone had to request the plan chnge

We dont change peoples plans without it

Wasn't me. Oh well.
    12-23-09 10:13 AM
    I find it absolutely ridiculous that Verizon will not work with you or give any type of discount for more lines or services. Almost any other business is willing to work with you to get more of your business or make you a happier customer.
    12-23-09 11:30 AM
    I checked my employer discount 6% (bleh)
    Talked to Sprint they'll give me 25%. It has me seriously thinking about jumping ship. I"ve been with VZW for 6 years now, only thing is the wife and I both want crackberries now and we're looking @ another $60/month for 2 data plans
    12-28-09 10:04 AM
    I checked my employer discount 6% (bleh)
    Talked to Sprint they'll give me 25%. It has me seriously thinking about jumping ship. I"ve been with VZW for 6 years now, only thing is the wife and I both want crackberries now and we're looking @ another $60/month for 2 data plans
    6%....thats a bummer, your company must have a better agreement with Sprint.
    12-28-09 10:06 AM
    6%....thats a bummer, your company must have a better agreement with Sprint.
    I don't know, either that or the local sprint store is a franchise or something and can offer different discounts. VZW with 2 BB's and a 3rd line $190 - 6% = $178.60; Sprint w/ 3 BB $150 -25% = $112.50

That's with equal minutes and unlimited texts on both. Making me think really hard about breaking with VZW
    12-28-09 10:12 AM
    I don't know, either that or the local sprint store is a franchise or something and can offer different discounts. VZW with 2 BB's and a 3rd line $190 - 6% = $178.60; Sprint w/ 3 BB $150 -25% = $112.50

That's with equal minutes and unlimited texts on both. Making me think really hard about breaking with VZW
    I would, thats over 60bucks in savings a month.
    12-28-09 10:14 AM
    Yeah I know, working on the math now cause I'd have to break 2 contracts with VZW but I think that $60/month over 2 years will make that back.
    12-28-09 10:23 AM
    Yea 60 a month would be worth it. You should be grandfathered on the old ETF too, so the bite shouldn't be too bad.
    12-28-09 10:53 AM
    Yea 60 a month would be worth it. You should be grandfathered on the old ETF too, so the bite shouldn't be too bad.
    We don't have smartphones. The BB will be our first So the ETF is the same old $175-$5/mo
    12-28-09 10:57 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD