I have a XV6900 and that thing gives me nothing but headaches it freezes up, shuts down every now and then dont get me started with touch screen mis-happs....jus all-around pain.. So my question is Will VZ allow me to walk in the store and trade if for the 8330?? I prolly only had this phone since May I hope somone could shed some light on this ASAP.. I have the insurance and been tempted to jus run over it with my car
    08-13-08 08:42 AM
    I think you only get 30 days for a refund/exchange for another for. You can try it but I'm not sure. Others will prob have more info than me and will prob post shortly.
    08-13-08 09:24 AM
    After 30 days you're SOL. Looks to me like you'll be paying full retail.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-08 09:26 AM
    I would definitely call VZW customer service (800#, do not go into a store). I am a former Treo user and went through several phones that did not function as they were supposed to.

I had all kinds of issues such as, freezing, turning on and off, the phone would reset itself and so on. I had 3 different 700p's and 2, 755's.

The main reason I went with a Treo was to use various software, PDA, and infrared for my key for Real Estate.....the software never worked properly even though Palm and Verizon approved it.

Customer service was extremely helpful in trying to get my phone to funtion properly. I went their process by them replacing the phone (several times) and trying to get it to work, and would start out good then same issues again, at which point to make me 'a long time customer, in good standing with them' happy....they suggested I go with a blackberry, and the rest is history!

I think the 6900 is very similar to the Treo, and sounds like you are having the same issues. Call VZW and tell them the issues, they will definitely work with you....
    08-13-08 10:21 AM
    I wouldnt say your SOL. Best thing you can do is either call CS or go to a corp store and explain your situation. Tell them about all the problems you have been having with the device and that you would really like to try something different. never know...you may get somewhere if you go with the right frame of mind. Dont go in ticked at the world, just be reasonable and I would bet that either the store or CS will help you out. Might not be a clean swap, but should be able to come up with something.
    08-13-08 10:23 AM
    Verizon usually causes headaches, how do you expect them do cure yours?! lol

j/k... but if you are outta your 30-day windows, you might be outta luck!
    08-13-08 10:29 AM
    If you were out of your 30 days, and you just didn't like the phone, then I could see them not helping or exchanging it.....BUT.....if the phone is not working properly that is a different story, and Verizon will/should make it right!

Definitely call VZW CS, don't go into a store, as they never seem to have the same level of help. Be nice, explain the issues that your phone is having, and I am sure they will work it out.

VZW has always been very good to me. I have been with them for 6 yrs, 4 lines. Mine, Hubby, and 2 daughters.
    08-13-08 10:43 AM
    VZW is really helpful...def call and talk to a rep. They've always been really helful w/me.

08-13-08 10:56 AM
    Just got off the phone with them they basically said they will try toubleshooting and then if it dont work they will send me a replacement and stuff like that to much hassle if you ask me for this device.. IMO I think its just the phone I'm not the only one with this problem with the 6900 from what I hear from my friends. Does anyone know if VZ will let me use my lil bro's upgrade? He's being stationed in guam and he's not gonna use it (we are on seperate plans FYI) any insight of what I can do to make that happen????
    08-13-08 12:33 PM
    Yeah after 30 days your not in luck, but even within those 30days you still pay the 10% restocking fee. Which is ********. Look online (ebay, craigslist, classified) and see if you can find one used.... If you don't want to pay full retail

08-13-08 09:17 PM
    I know that Verizon will suspend service without fees for our Armed Forces. You would probably want to check with your brother if he would like to swap #'s...etc.
    That said, I've always had great experiences with VZW CS.
    08-13-08 09:25 PM
    I used to have VZW but switched to AT&T because I had a Treo 700wx that was faulty. VZW replaced it twice within 6 months. When the 2nd one had the same problem and all they wanted to do was replace it with the same model I said no--that phone was a piece of junk and would prefer something different that was more stable. They said they wouldn't do that so I said goodbye VZW ---hello AT&T!

They will probably replace your phone with the same model but not a Curve.
    08-13-08 09:32 PM
    buy one off ebay...my friend just did, got a 8330 curve brand new for 290.00, a lot better than the retail of 425
    08-14-08 06:01 AM
    If I were you, I would just keep going through the replacements. If you're having the same issue on the devices, make sure to exchange them *EVERY TIME* you have the issue. Eventually, after around 4-5 exchanges for the same issue, they're supposed to allow you to choose a new device under their multi-FRU policy. I believe it says 4 times, but it's been a while since I've had to do it. You could try pleading your case at the store, but having a few legitimate exchanges would help your case.
    08-15-08 09:53 PM
    The multi fru is 3 exchanges for same or similar problems within 3 month period.

This is probably the only way you would be able to get the curve at little cost to yourself...

08-15-08 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD