Does anybody know if a Verizon store or Kiosk will install an invisibleShield type covering for you? I want to get my Pearl covered but having put on screen protectors and the like on other devices, I would rather have somebody with a little more experience put one on for me.
    06-23-09 02:00 PM
    Some reps will do it, some wont. I personally wont because it does create somewhat of a liability. If it is done and you are unhappy with it, you will expect a new one for free.
    06-23-09 02:02 PM
    It kinda relates but i had a rep put on just basic screen protector and they put it on and it had bubbles everywhere... I put on a new one at home and it had no bubbles at all. i guess it all depends on the person lol
    Probably not. Most store's don't do things like that because if the rep messes it up, the customer gets mad. Easier to just stay away.
    Goes with the old saying "If you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself!" I saw someone at a kiosk at the mall that sold them do it for someone while they waited and it appeared he was taking his time and being very careful so i guess its hit or miss.

I would do it myself, half the fun!
    06-23-09 02:14 PM
    Guess Ill be giving it a go then. Thanks
    06-23-09 02:25 PM
    No worries. Post some pics of your work when your done.
    06-23-09 02:30 PM
    Lots of water/soap solution, several fresh towels, some patience & a portable hair blowdryer.

Take the battery out - one less thing to blow the water damage indicator on - also a big reason for the towels.

The blowdryer helps dry & eliminate bubbles, plus juducious application of heat will help set the corners, curves & seams - the most important part.

You'll do well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 03:14 PM
    Lots of water/soap solution, several fresh towels, some patience & a portable hair blowdryer.

Take the battery out - one less thing to blow the water damage indicator on - also a big reason for the towels.

The blowdryer helps dry & eliminate bubbles, plus juducious application of heat will help set the corners, curves & seams - the most important part.

You'll do well.

pretty close to my write up.. Allot of people say now to the air dryer part but it helps me out all the time.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/my-i...ld-skin-36850/
    06-23-09 03:22 PM
    Very nice write-up, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

06-23-09 03:44 PM
    Very nice write-up, indeed. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks. And I will be honest with you all. I went thru 4-6 Skins doing the write up...

I did have pictures floating around. I will try and add them if they can be found.
    06-23-09 03:49 PM
    I learned to do it by watching a friend who owns a detail shop - the guy can paint anything, does incredible pinstriping work & can possibly install window film blindfolded.

These skins are pretty much window film, is all.

He swears by the dryer technique.

06-23-09 03:58 PM
    Just take your time. Took me over an hour to get everything just perfect.
    06-23-09 04:25 PM
    I usually ask if they want me to do it for them, but I do let them know that if there's a little dust or a bubble or two, there's nothing I can do about it. It usually ends up better than most people can do themselves, but I've got a really steady hand and I'm a perfectionist.
    06-25-09 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD