Since a year back or so all of the CDMA carriers in Canada are in the process of switching over to the GSM HSPA network. now all we have left is a couple provincial and municipal stragglers who do not have at least one HSPA device in the works or shipping. I'm just wondering if Verizon would ever consider doing something like this, because not only could they run all CDMA phones (Storm2, maybe Storm3), but they can limit the number of exclusive devices that AT&T and T-Mobile get. In the long term this could greatly help out Verizon and let them carry more international devices (HTC has an awesome Eurasia-only lineup) and of course be able to charge roaming to foreign travellers.

So what are the chances of Verizon overlaying HSPA over their current network? because CDMA seems to be slowly dying.
    04-26-10 09:41 PM
    LTE

10char
    04-26-10 09:48 PM
    Yeah Verizon has already said they are gonna go to LTE.
    04-27-10 04:07 AM
    Oh yeah I heard about that.
    So they're skipping HSPA?

It's going to be a little while for RIM to make LTE handsets tho.
    04-27-10 08:20 AM
    RIM can make LTE handsets quite easy actuallly. It's really up to Qualcomm I believe.
    04-27-10 02:12 PM
    Oh yeah I heard about that.
    So they're skipping HSPA?

It's going to be a little while for RIM to make LTE handsets tho.
    Yeah no point in converting the entire network to GSM and then converting it to LTE. There will have to be LTE/CDMA hybrid handsets.
    04-27-10 08:43 PM
    I think they will make tri-mode handsets for 1x/EV, 3G/EDGE, and LTE.
    04-28-10 01:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD