Ok, last week I signed on with Verizon (first time, still kept Sprint) and got an LG Revolution from Amazon at $100 off. I was thinking of leaving Sprint anyway when contract expires but wanted to see first if Verizon service was any better in my area. The signal is at least 3x better, the 3G is awesome and never drops in and out like Sprint does. I went ahead and signed before the tiered data kicks in.

My dilemma -- the LG Revolution is a great phone, Android has come miles since I first tried them, but I'm still going to want that bold touch when it comes out.

So ... if I return the LG, would Verizon let me activate an old verizon phone, say from Craig's list or ebay, and still give me the bold touch on an "upgrade" price when it comes out since I wouldn't have technically gotten a new phone when I subscribed?
    06-11-11 07:23 PM
    Yes, they will as long as it's Verizon branded.
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    06-11-11 07:34 PM
    Yes definitely, as stated above. As long as the phone was meant to be on Verizon, then that's a non-issue. Doing so has no effect on your contract at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-11 11:12 PM
    As long as the old device is VZW branded, has a clean ESN (not reported lost or stolen), and the seller has paid his/her bill, VZW will activate it.
    06-12-11 12:23 AM
    Just make sure that they revert your account to month to month and that your upgrade date is adjusted...I've seen some cases where it wasn't done...
    wheresmy600 likes this.
    06-12-11 01:03 PM
    Thanks very much for your responses. I did call Verizon to tell them what I proposed to do so that they could note my account accordingly. Now anybody got a 3G curve they want to sell? LOL! I'll go over to the marketplace and post.
    06-12-11 03:50 PM
    As long as it's a VZW phone, you're fine. You don't need to buy a new one.

Sent from my VZW Thunderbolt.
    06-12-11 05:25 PM