I would love the $15.00 200mb data plan option.

I switched away from ATT, to verizon due to the forced data plan (I had no 3G with att) now, ATT has cheaper plans.

My phone bill used to be about $60 a month with ATT, and its $95 a month with verizon =(
    06-17-10 04:43 PM
    Yes Verizon has already said they will be changing their data plans just like att. I think they are waiting to see what the other carriers do first that's the way Verizon does things.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-17-10 05:07 PM
    Yes Verizon has already said they will be changing their data plans just like att. I think they are waiting to see what the other carriers do first that's the way Verizon does things.

No. They never said that. They said the 4G data plans will not be unlimited.

06-17-10 05:53 PM
    Maybe if they didn't copy AT&T's structure but rather offered like 1GB, 2GB, and 5GB for like $15, $20, and $30 or something.
    06-17-10 07:24 PM
    Is this question an different from this thread a few days ago?

http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/how...s-suit-477690/
    06-17-10 09:50 PM
    I think they are waiting to see what the other carriers do first that's the way Verizon does things.
    Interesting. I seem to remember Verizon leading the way when it comes to pricing.

Verizon was the first of the big 4 to offer an unlimited voice plan ($99). AT&T changed their plans and offered the same immediately, T-Mobile changed and offered the same unlimited + unlimited texts immediately, and Sprint went to Simply Everything a few weeks later.

Verizon was the first to change unlimited voice plan from $99 to $69. AT&T followed suit immediately.

Verizon implemented Friends & Family, AT&T added A-List.

Verizon announces they'll change to metered data pricing with LTE, AT&T changes data pricing shortly thereafter affecting their 3G data usage.

06-17-10 10:58 PM
    Yeah. Would love to have that plan too. Verizon is way too expensive for me.

I dunno if I can live without Pandora though.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    06-18-10 07:49 AM
    I would love the $15.00 200mb data plan option.

I switched away from ATT, to verizon due to the forced data plan (I had no 3G with att) now, ATT has cheaper plans.

My phone bill used to be about $60 a month with ATT, and its $95 a month with verizon =(
    If I read everything correctly about the new ATT data plans and how they work and I am using your figure here.

200MB $15 - now lets say each month you go over this. I believe that any overage you would pay another $15 for the next 200 MB. If this is case, you are now paying .01 more for 400 MB and VZW charges the same price for Unlim. So if you go 10 kb for your alotment, you are paying another $15, this would very expensive.

Granted if you never go over 200MB of data in month, you are saving $180 a year.
    06-18-10 08:13 AM
    Folks check you data usage, these metered plans might not be THAT bad of a deal. Ok ATT charges 25 for 2 GBs a months with a 1GB buffer that costs 10 extra IF you go over, but trust me you probably won't go over, and so really you are saying 5 bucks a month. I'm a pretty heavy user, least I thought I was and I still only do about 1GB a month and I don't think I have EVER cracked the 1.5 GB mark, plus I have had plenty of months under 1GB.
    06-18-10 08:27 AM
    A compromise - Maybe it would be nice to have 2.5 gigs for $15/month.

The only time I used intensive data was when I was in Europe last summer. My then 8830 was our news and weather station and I was checking Crackberry on occasion and 3 of us were using it for email. I think I topped out at about 3gigs. I had opted for the Global plan for UNlimited data.
    06-18-10 09:15 AM
    If I read everything correctly about the new ATT data plans and how they work and I am using your figure here.

200MB $15 - now lets say each month you go over this. I believe that any overage you would pay another $15 for the next 200 MB. If this is case, you are now paying .01 more for 400 MB and VZW charges the same price for Unlim. So if you go 10 kb for your alotment, you are paying another $15, this would very expensive.

Granted if you never go over 200MB of data in month, you are saving $180 a year.
    wow such big savings...not.

I'd much rather keep my unlimited data plan and never have to worry about going over.
    06-18-10 10:08 AM
    If you already have your unlimited plan you shouldn't have to worry unless you change devices.
    06-18-10 12:16 PM
    I get a 20% discount from work on data portions of my bill and 22% off the voice portion, so $22 for the blackberry plan, don't know if I'd risk going down to a $15 a month plan and possibly going over...that is if this ever happens on big red
    06-18-10 04:48 PM
    I get a 20% discount from work on data portions of my bill and 22% off the voice portion, so $22 for the blackberry plan, don't know if I'd risk going down to a $15 a month plan and possibly going over...that is if this ever happens on big red
    29.99 - 20% equals 23.99, not 22
    06-19-10 10:12 AM
    I said it in another thread, I will pay the extra duce bucks to keep my unlimited...it's just piece of mind for me. I don't have to monitor my usage even though I don't use more than 2gb peer month on average. Last month I hit just below 1.4.

06-19-10 10:36 AM
    I would rather have my unlimited data for 30 a month. I would probably end up going over and get to the point where it would cost me more. I don't wanna worry about how much data I use.

06-19-10 07:55 PM
    No. They never said that. They said the 4G data plans will not be unlimited.

No they did announce it that in the future they are looking into making the changes. But they will wait due to the fact that other carriers have not yet such as tmoblle. If you read up on it you will see that Verizon is the only one that might not do it because of their network is far superior to all others and is light years above all others. Take sprint for example their voice quality sucks compared to Verizon and the tecknology is the same. Now att says they have a great network but dropped calls and spotty coverage in big citys is horrible.

06-20-10 11:19 AM
    If they have something like 1 gig for like 10$ or 15$ I'll be ok with it, because I don't, and will not use close to a gig, AND my bill gets cheaper. However if its something that makes my bill more each month then screw it, I WILL fight them to drop my contract and I'll get another phone. I signed the contract for that it is now. Not to get screwed later on.

06-20-10 11:32 AM
    If they have something like 1 gig for like 10$ or 15$ I'll be ok with it, because I don't, and will not use close to a gig, AND my bill gets cheaper. However if its something that makes my bill more each month then screw it, I WILL fight them to drop my contract and I'll get another phone. I signed the contract for that it is now. Not to get screwed later on.

Amen to that

06-20-10 07:01 PM
    Amen to that

Indeed.

Hopefully it either makes my bill cheaper, OR they let me out of the contract so i can get another phone.
    06-20-10 11:17 PM
    No they did announce it that in the future they are looking into making the changes. But they will wait due to the fact that other carriers have not yet such as tmoblle. If you read up on it you will see that Verizon is the only one that might not do it because of their network is far superior to all others and is light years above all others. Take sprint for example their voice quality sucks compared to Verizon and the tecknology is the same. Now att says they have a great network but dropped calls and spotty coverage in big citys is horrible.

sprints 4g plan is totally unlminted, no 5gb data cap eather:-/ but their 3g has a 5gb cap:-/ again:-/.
    06-21-10 01:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD