03-15-09 12:29 PM
48 12
tools
    Oh come on! Those things are pumped out in factories by the millions. And Verizon is a huge company. Its not that biga deal at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Well I guess I see it differently. If you are willing to compromise your integrity on the "little" things where will you draw the line? What is a "biga deal"?

Maybe in this day and age it's no big deal but personally, I like being able to look my 9 yr old in the face and tell him doing the right thing matters. Taking something that doesn't belong to you always matters.

I doubt CB condones theft.
    03-14-09 06:30 PM
    Oh come on! Those things are pumped out in factories by the millions. And Verizon is a huge company. Its not that biga deal at all.

I agree... The fact that they didn't charge us for it, or ask for it back, proves how little the phone is actually worth...

You would probably be sick if you saw the markup on these phones...

Also, Verizon as a company has horrible ethics, and mine are no worse than their own. I have been sold plans I didn't need, and flat out lied to by the employees.

Check out verizonsucks.com and see for yourself the horrible things they do to customers. I would switch carriers in a heartbeat if they got service around here.
    Last edited by paulmess7; 03-14-09 at 06:38 PM.
    03-14-09 06:35 PM
    I take it you guys don't download music or movies then? You guys are a bunch of nerds.

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR!!

03-14-09 06:40 PM
    Yes u may get charge full retail for it even tho its been 3mths-the rite thing to do would be to ret the phone-even if that means callin them explaining the situation and tellin them u still have the phone-then have them direct u on wat to do-which wuld prob be to ret the phone.

03-14-09 06:46 PM
    I take it you guys don't download music or movies then? You guys are a bunch of nerds.

YOU WOULDNT DOWNLOAD A CAR!!

You are correct...I don't do either unless I pay for them.

As for the car....you don't make much sense on that one.
    03-14-09 07:32 PM
    You are correct...I don't do either unless I pay for them.

As for the car....you don't make much sense on that one.
    That was a play on words from the movie intro about pirating...

He was assuming you do indeed download music as well...

---------

I guess I will either activate it with the risk of paying for it, OR

Call up Verizon and explain what happened, which will probably result in them charging me for it, or asking for it back...
    03-14-09 08:17 PM
    That was a play on words from the movie intro about pirating...

He was assuming you do indeed download music as well...

---------

I guess I will either activate it with the risk of paying for it, OR

Call up Verizon and explain what happened, which will probably result in them charging me for it, or asking for it back...

Dude...I understand what he meant....and I stated pretty clear that I don't download unless I pay for it.

You should consider doing the right thing and call Verizon. You will feel much better about yourself in the long run.

Ok...I'm done on this thread.
    03-14-09 08:28 PM
    Wow, there are some disgusting ethics on display in here.

And *looks at my 300+ DVD's and 700+ CD's* - no. I don't steal music or movies. I buy from iTunes if I don't buy the CD.
    03-14-09 08:29 PM
    Wow, there are some disgusting ethics on display in here.

And *looks at my 300+ DVD's and 700+ CD's* - no. I don't steal music or movies. I buy from iTunes if I don't buy the CD.
    Welcome to the new world where the "I want what I want and I want it right now. Oh and by the way I'm not paying for it" mentality has become the norm.
    03-14-09 08:42 PM
    uhhh yeah they will catch on and knowing the phone was defected on there network they would figure it out! and damn i didnt know they gave 30 days when i was with tmo it was 7 days
    03-14-09 08:46 PM
    Wow. I just read through this thread and was actually pleased with what I saw.
    Those with ethics seem to outnumber those without.
    Not that Verizon is perfect, but it doesn't force any one of us to act in any manner.
    We make the final decision to buy a certain phone or a recommended phone plan ... Despite the markup (and we're talking 1,000% stuff) or seemingly unneccesary service plans.

As a businessman, this post was more of a 'thank you' to all of you who don't steal, under any circumstance.

Agent

03-14-09 08:56 PM
    Put it this way, some of the responses in this thread make it much more clear to me how the US has so many bogus lawsuits.

No one will take responsibility for their actions, and are willing to screw over ANYONE to get what they want, morals and integrity mean absolutely nothing.

What shocks me is the "it's okay because Verizon is the big bad wolf". Puleeze. Two wrongs don't make a right. Theft is theft. I hope they catch on and the OP's father gets nailed for the full cost of the phone plus a fine. It wouldn't teach either one a lesson, though.
    03-14-09 09:01 PM
    lol oh lord.
    03-14-09 09:07 PM
    To the OP:

A couple years ago I did an insurance replacement for my wife. I tossed her old phone in the car to mail it back the next day after work. To make a long story short, the box slid under the car seat and I forgot about it until about 5 or 6 months later my bill was about $450 more than normal. I was lucky, VZW did agree to credit my account after I figured out what happen and agreed to send them the phone.

So big brother will figure it out, one day and you will get a little extra in your bill.

Send it back.

03-14-09 09:11 PM
    Are you eligible for an upgrade, that is can your line get a new 2 year contract? If so send back the defective storm and call customer service and tell them you want to get the BOGO offer on your father's storm. They back dated the offer to the beginning. That's buy one get one free.

03-14-09 09:13 PM
    I agree... The fact that they didn't charge us for it, or ask for it back, proves how little the phone is actually worth...

You would probably be sick if you saw the markup on these phones...

Also, Verizon as a company has horrible ethics, and mine are no worse than their own. I have been sold plans I didn't need, and flat out lied to by the employees.

Check out verizonsucks.com and see for yourself the horrible things they do to customers. I would switch carriers in a heartbeat if they got service around here.
    It's just one phone. I mean ethics and morals are for real situations, like stealing a car or something, which obviously you shouldn't do. And Verizon does sell you un-needed plans, as well as RIM pumping out all these crappy Storms. Screw the haters
    03-14-09 10:42 PM
    There's a 10 day return period when a new phone is sent out. If the old phone is not returned with the provided return label within 10 days of reciept of the new phone, we will bill for full retail price of the phone. If it hasn't happened yet, it will.
    03-14-09 11:09 PM
    It's just one phone. I mean ethics and morals are for real situations, like stealing a car or something, which obviously you shouldn't do. And Verizon does sell you un-needed plans, as well as RIM pumping out all these crappy Storms. Screw the haters
    How old ARE you? What would Miley do? *rolls eyes*

It's just one car. It's just one wallet. If everyone was a fraudster (and this is fraud, believe me, which last time I checked was a felony) that one phone turns into 80 million phones (using the number of Verizon customers) which turns into lost revenue made up for by people potentially losing their job (oh yeah, just one job, right?), higher rates for customers, stricter qualification rules, and on and on. Pull your head out of your *** and think for once.

Fraud is fraud. Think of it this way, there's homeless people in jail in california for life for stealing a loaf of bread under the three strikes law. It was just one loaf of bread but a law is the law. It was just one loaf of bread but a law is the law. Now personally I think going to jail for a loaf of bread when you are homeless is ridiculous, but there is a huge difference between a dollar for bread and $700 for a phone. Its theft from a company, regardless of how YOU feel Verizon is dishonest (an opinion YOU have) or RIM made a crappy phone (again YOUR opinion) and I hope the OP gets caught and penalized appropriately. If someone actually has to explain why even theft of a little $700 phone is wrong to you, you need to look at your views on right and wrong.

What the **** is wrong with people these days? Its like US citizens coming into my country and lying to take advantage of my health care, for which we now pay even higher taxes to try to recoup that fraud. Hey it was just that one time right? Well that one time was committed by multiple people and now the innocent people have to pay.

Last edited by reeneebob; 03-15-09 at 06:44 AM.
    03-15-09 06:34 AM

You're kidding....right?
    03-15-09 06:34 AM
    No, she's not.

My favorite was "ethics and morals are for real situations".

03-15-09 06:45 AM
    I take it this guy is not the Brightest bulb on the tree.more than likely you will be charged for the phone, OH no wait your dad will, if its his account.but then if you dont care about screwing your dad GO ahead turn it on
    03-15-09 06:57 AM
    This response just appalled me.

"It's just one phone". Yes it is. A $500 phone.

At what price does it become a "real situation" and your morals and ethics would kick in???

Oh and by the way...Verizon doesn't "sell" you anything that you don't agree to by signing a contract, and you have 30 days to return that "crappy Storm".
    03-15-09 10:42 AM
    Okay.... Everybody that was out of line.. and you know who you are.. go stand in the corner for 5 minutes... Crud, there are not enuf corners!

Realistically, if you go and try to activate the phone, and lets say you get it activated, 2 things will happen.

1. Your Dad's bill will be hit for an extra data plan.
    2. They will see the PIN of the phone and he will be charged for the new phone he received.

Just return the phone before your Dad gets a 500 dollar bill for it from Verizon. After reading all these posts, I forgot, does the phone even work?

Morals and ethics are a good thing to learn as you are growing up. I know a little phone doesn't sound like a big deal but the lesson you learn by doing the right thing will stick with you forever. I know you have it in you. Make Dad proud.

And I apologize for everybody that sandblasted you in the earlier posts. They were just trying to make a point. A little over zealous, but making a point nonetheless.
    03-15-09 12:29 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD