09-27-09 04:52 AM
27 12
tools
    I need to know what features won't work if I buy the Instinct HD and use it on Verizon

It can be used on Verizon, by doing an ESN Swap, I just need texting, voice, and data to work

If I could use a Verizon phone on Alltel (before the merger) then I can use a Sprint device on Verizon

Also, idk why in the **** my other thread is locked

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 06:51 PM
    I need to know what features won't work if I buy the Instinct HD and use it on Verizon

It can be used on Verizon, by doing an ESN Swap, I just need texting, voice, and data to work

If I could use a Verizon phone on Alltel (before the merger) then I can use a Sprint device on Verizon

Say what? You cannot use a Sprint phone with VZW.

Alltel's systems did not double check esn's so now that you are VZW and our systems are 10-15 years ahead of what Alltel had -- it will be caught and will not allow the rep to add the phone.

The VZW device shouldn't have even been added to the Alltel account prior to conversion, but a lot of reps did it anyway.

Welcome to VZW!
    09-25-09 07:09 PM

Probably since this is a Blackberry oriented site and you're question has nothing to do with a Blackberry.

Expect this thread to be locked too.
    09-25-09 07:11 PM
    Verizon allows non-VZW branded devices, I remember seeing something about them "opening up their network". And I don't see why it would not work, its tehnically compatible with their network

And non-BlackBerry related questions are allowed

09-25-09 07:27 PM
    Verizon allows non-VZW branded devices, I remember seeing something about them "opening up their network". And I don't see why it would not work, its tehnically compatible with their network

Technically not really... CDMA is just a part of the process. You have to consider text, MMS, Data, PRL updates, etc..

You will not be able to add the phone on your account. Don't waste your money.
    09-25-09 07:31 PM
    Verizons phones suck, I really wanted the Eternity but I did not want AT&T, but even as good as Verizons network is, I have had it, I have network problems, can't get the phone I want,my bill has gone up, and I'm done, I now need to find a way out of my contract

09-25-09 08:15 PM
    Oh and thanks for your help

09-25-09 08:15 PM
    Oh and thanks for your help

No problem. I know it can be frustrating and really the phones are not very impressive.

I'm asking the same questions you guys (customers) are.

Why can't VZW get the HTC Hero? Why will it take months after everyone else to get the Android OS and really cool devices?

WHY is it that we have over 80 million subscribers that we cannot get phones that are top of the line and designed for us? Sprint doesn't seem to have that problem... and their network is nothing compared to VZW's.
    09-25-09 08:21 PM
    The only smartphone worth getting from Verizon right now is the Touch Pro 2. The multimedia phones are nice, but I have to agree the smartphone lineup is pretty crappy.

09-25-09 09:48 PM
    TECHNICALLY...

If the phone were added to the esn list, then yes, it could technically be added to the network. It has been done before, to and from VZW, and there is a process for it.

HOWEVER...

Only voice and text will work from my understanding, as there are proprietary security protocols. Not worth the trouble on anything other than a cheap non-data flip phone. A multimedia phone would be all but a brick.

As for our supposedly horribly obsolete phones, I dunno. Maybe it's just me, but I don't see how the instinct is any more gadgety or nicer than a voyager or Env touch.
    09-25-09 11:22 PM
    Rogue. .
    09-25-09 11:53 PM

Wrong, you are wrong. The sprint phone wont work, the end.

Im a Verizon rep, and that does make me a credible source. I personally have tried activating sprint devices just to show the customer(with your same train of thought) that it errors out when its an ESN that is not on our list.
    09-26-09 06:07 PM
    Wrong, you are wrong. The sprint phone wont work, the end.

Im a Verizon rep, and that does make me a credible source. I personally have tried activating sprint devices just to show the customer(with your same train of thought) that it errors out when its an ESN that is not on our list.
    All you have to do is send a phone in for certification and you can activate it. Sorry you weren't aware of this process. Please see your supervisor for some more training.

09-26-09 07:33 PM
    All you have to do is send a phone in for certification and you can activate it. Sorry you weren't aware of this process. Please see your supervisor for some more training.

Thanks Vato, actually i was aware of that process but who does that? That will never be offered in a store or on the phone through customer service. That is not a thing that is proactively advertised. Maybe you should see your supervisor and inquire about the ethics training module that we all have to do. The one that talks about "internal confidential information" and not releasing that stuff to the general public.
    09-26-09 07:40 PM
    Thanks Vato, actually i was aware of that process but who does that? That will never be offered in a store or on the phone through customer service. That is not a thing that is proactively advertised. Maybe you should see your supervisor and inquire about the ethics training module that we all have to do. The one that talks about "internal confidential information" and not releasing that stuff to the general public.
    What confidential information? The device certification process is on the VZW website.

09-26-09 08:14 PM
    What confidential information? The device certification process is on the VZW website.

That's open development and does not pertain to these devices. You may need to speak with your supervisor to have more training on comprehension skills.

09-26-09 09:30 PM
    LOLzers. You funny guy.
    09-26-09 09:32 PM
    For those of you that interested.

OPEN DEVELOPMENT
    09-26-09 09:37 PM
    For those of you that interested.

OPEN DEVELOPMENT
    Exactly. This doesn't mean that anyone and everyone can get what ever CDMA device they want and bring it over to VZW if it passes through certification. This is for product engineers from the manufacturer.

vatothe0 should be banned for such rude comments that hold no merit.
    09-26-09 10:07 PM
    Exactly. This doesn't mean that anyone and everyone can get what ever CDMA device they want and bring it over to VZW if it passes through certification. This is for product engineers from the manufacturer.

I just post the info, I do and will not pass judgement
    09-26-09 10:12 PM
    and will not pass judgement
    Aw come on - pass some judgment. Be a judgmental little buzzard, for once.

Maybe we should include the GPS/WiFi crowd, while we're at it.

09-26-09 10:30 PM
    If they banned every one who made sharp comments this would be a sad lonely place.

09-27-09 12:43 AM

Know what impresses me. Someone who is a VZW rep who is actively whining in a public forum. Seriously. Take it up with your supervisor. I'm sure they'd love to see that you are presenting yourself as a VZW rep on forums and acting like a spoiled baby.
    09-27-09 12:49 AM
    If they banned every one who made sharp comments this would be a sad lonely place.
    It already is - just ask the GPS/WiFi crowd.

09-27-09 01:15 AM
    Questions are a form of seeking knowledge. Exploring avenues. ENjoy cb. Is any one answer absolute not usually it would be wonderful if we could use our expensive devises on the best most cost effecrive network. Think of the free market and competition. Best devices best service.

09-27-09 02:02 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD