Ok... I just purchased a new curve on a new line... But I want to have the other number on this line... If I do this will I be charged full retail? Thanks for all help!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-08 10:50 AM
    I'm not sure I understand your question. You got a new line and you want to put your existing number on the new line?
    05-09-08 10:59 AM
    Call *611 and tell them you can't do an online swap due to the data plan also needing to be on the line with your curve. They should do it no problemo. Just be polite..

05-09-08 11:10 AM
    I think this might be comparable to the other post "New E2". By reading his post he successfully transfered lines by going in store and signing paperwork.

I would call CS but i think you can transfer the phone to a different line after 24 hours. That's what they told me when i was thinking to have my fiance get the pearl under his NE2 and then transfer to my line.(we re on family plan). the CS rep was the one who actually helped me troubleshoot how i could get the pearl without paying retail. I never went that route tho bc i got it as a gift.
    05-09-08 11:11 AM
    So you signed a new line to get the Curve...and you want the Curve on your line....when the phone gets there just call the CSC and tell them you want to switch phones and that you cant do it online, and if you are nice about it they waive the fee. Just make sure you tell them to take the data package off the other line.
    05-09-08 11:19 AM
    If you had an active contract prior to order the new phone and line (new contract), you now have 2 contracts with VZW and two lines. If CS is willing to do it, they might just extend your exising to clear it up, but what you tried to do (to get the Curve cheaper) was not the correct thing to do, espeically if you had an active contract already. You tried to weazel a Curve at a cheaper price and made a mistake.
    05-09-08 01:04 PM
    thanks guys... ya i could do it with out a charge so now hubby and i have the correct numbers on each phone... "civic" not was i was trying to do... but thanks for pointing it out for those who might wanna try that.. (sounds sarcastic but isn't)
    05-09-08 01:14 PM
    So basically you still weazeled a new Curve while passing down your Pearl to your husband. I'm sure he appreciates your hand-me-downs.
    05-09-08 01:22 PM
    Ya I convinced him it was better for his small pockets lol also said it makes his but look good lol

05-09-08 02:57 PM
    Not to mention it goes well when wearing a cocktail dress. :lol:
    05-09-08 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD