I reallly want the curve to reolace the LG chocolate that I have now. But when I went online I am not due for a phone upgrade untill 6-29. One of the phones on my account is due an upgrade but when i put the BB inthe cart and get my price its 299.90.
    Is it a goood idea to ait or go to the store and see what they can go or is the 299.99 a good price.
    05-23-08 09:02 PM
    I reallly want the curve to reolace the LG chocolate that I have now. But when I went online I am not due for a phone upgrade untill 6-29. One of the phones on my account is due an upgrade but when i put the BB inthe cart and get my price its 299.90.
    Is it a goood idea to ait or go to the store and see what they can go or is the 299.99 a good price.
    Are you eligible for New Every Two or just annual upgrade?

This makes a difference because I was eligible for annual upgrade and had to pay $299.99 for the curve.

I could not get the $100.00 device discount. But I did get the $50.00 mail in rebate.

However, some people on here are stating that they got the $100 advance device credit because they signed up for on the $79.99 plan, but every single rep I talk to at customer service says they shouldn't have got the credit because of liability issues. Who Knows.

Good Luck To You!
    05-23-08 09:21 PM
    One of the phones on my account is due an upgrade but when i put the BB inthe cart and get my price its 299.90.
    Online pricing gives you instant rebates as opposedto mail-ins that you have to send if you get the phone in a store. If you go to a corporate store, the prices are pretty much set in stone (at least at my store they are), so trying to get a better deal is tough at store level. You should get $100 off for an advanced data credit and another 50 as a rebate making the final price 149.99.
    05-23-08 10:40 PM
    299 is about as good as you are going to get it for b/c I paid 500 for mine without an upgrade. I wish I could've got mine for that price but sometimes you have to pay for what you really want....
    05-23-08 10:48 PM
    I just tried gain and its showing I can get the 50.00 rebate now. so its 299.00 - 50.00 in rebate
    05-23-08 11:12 PM
    Try this, call customer service #611 and tell them you NEED to replace your chocolate, because it's ready to fall apart, ask if they will back up your date, 1 month is no big deal especially if you are upgrading to a berry.
    They should give you the same online instant and the ADD.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 11:47 PM
    Corporate store prices and online prices are almost always exactly the same, no matter how they word it online.

On some phones you don't have to hassle with mail in rebates but the 8330 isn't one of them, you still have to cut the box apart and mail it in.

If you're paying attention to an online order there's an option to print out the "deal" and take it into a retail store for more information. The price will be exactly the same and you get the added advantage of having a manager who has wizard rights to over ride pretty much anything that his/her underlings can do.

Yes you might have to drive and wait, only to deal with their first new hire who doesn't know ****. Be nice and ask for the manager, wait patiently and be nice, then let him or her use their wizard abilities to give you the best deal.

Whatever you do, never, ever accept a chat request while you're ordering online because those people have no power and don't know very much at all. Verizon has a big investment in their corporate retail stores so that is where you will always get the best service. If they're busy expect to wait, and head first for the sign in kiosk before doing anything else.
    05-24-08 03:08 AM
    I got a flyer in the mail that let me use nt new every 2 early. My plan was up July 28th. I got the cureve for $299. Rthey took off my 100 ne2 us $50 mail in rebate.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 03:26 AM
    You might want to check those numbers again - I only paid $50 for mine, after the $50 mail-in!
    05-24-08 11:52 AM
    call up customer service. i talked with a CSR on thursday night and he went through my account to get me the most he could off. they'll check if you're eligible for annual upgrades, NE2, or ADC. i got $100 off for ADC and then i'll get $50off for the mail-in rebate. ring them up and be nice...they'll return the favor
    05-24-08 11:35 PM
    Yep, their sales reps are usually pretty good about this stuff too. But fortunately, I have a big city corporate store about 1000 feet from here.
    05-25-08 03:09 AM
    Cell phone companies treat new customers BETTER than existing customers... Look at the deep discounts they give to new customers, while not giving existing customers a break. I got two new 8320 curves for free (well, actually 99.99 with a $100 mail in rebate) online. I had to change numbers, however, which isn't a biggie.
    05-25-08 05:59 AM
    T-Mobile is hurting for subscribers, Verizon, not so much. There's a reason for that - nationwide coverage. Verizon is much much stronger with that, so if you need it, you pay more for it. If you don't then go with TMO because they have nicer phones at great prices, cheaper plans, and better customer service than VZW.

Changing my phone number would be like severing a limb for me. My number has been the "Universal Kevin Number" for many years and ditching that would be an enormous hassle and would surely cause a loss of income.
    05-26-08 04:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD