01-22-11 02:56 PM
97 1234
tools
    Indeed this is true.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Too bad this thread is about the USA, since VZW is an American carrier. Yes there is more to the world than the USA, but for the purposes of this thread, that does not matter.
    01-11-11 11:47 AM
    Exactly my point. I don't see how they survive on Verizon.
    There is NO android or iPhone equivalent to the 8530, or 9330.
    these phones are entry level keyboard messaging phones, and will continue to sell well on verizon, they wont be flashships,

RIM will probably not get more than 15-25% of the Verizon smartphone business, but Android will go from 80% to 40% after the iPhone is released, they will be the ones fighting it out at the top spot
    01-11-11 12:10 PM
    Blackberrys went From 90% of VZW's smartphone sales, to less than 20% IN ONE YEAR. Without the iPhone.
    Exactly my point. I don't see how they survive on Verizon.
    How are they surviving on AT&T then?
    01-11-11 12:11 PM
    How are they surviving on AT&T then?
    AT&T had barely any Android devices worth a damn, and doesn't market Android devices like VZW.
    01-11-11 12:16 PM
    I wanted an Iphone on Verizon, but this phone is not global. I will look at some Droid options in the future.
    01-11-11 12:23 PM
    AT&T had barely any Android devices worth a damn, and doesn't market Android devices like VZW.
    It's still not the end of "Balckberry"

Too bad this thread is about the USA, since VZW is an American carrier. Yes there is more to the world than the USA, but for the purposes of this thread, that does not matter.
    Doesn't matter to me ever.
    Last edited by pcgizmo; 01-11-11 at 12:26 PM.
    01-11-11 12:24 PM
    If RIM doesn't come up with a new worthwhile device that Verizon wants to promote then I don't see them competing in the world of Verizon.
    01-11-11 12:37 PM
    It's still not the end of "Balckberry"
    I didn't say it was. I just expect BB sales to take a bigger hit now that AT&T is getting some really high quality Android devices.

Doesn't matter to me ever.
    America is my homeland so I really do not care what happens outside of here either. Although I do have family in Italy and Argentina as well, I am American and what happens here is what matter to me the most.
    01-11-11 12:45 PM
    Blackberrys went From 90% of VZW's smartphone sales, to less than 20% IN ONE YEAR. Without the iPhone.
    Stats and numbers won't affect my decision on what phone I use but it's pretty clear, regardless of how much BlackBerry's are sold, Verizon's focus on BlackBerry has gone from 1 to 2 to now 3 behind Android and iPhone. Anybody that says otherwise is lying to themselves.
    Since when does 1 American carrier make up the entire world market?

This thread failed before it was written.
    "Will today be the beginning of the end for Blackberry on Verizon?"

Read the thread title again (slowly this time) and then ask yourself "Who in the h-e-l-l is talking about the entire world market?".
    Since when does 1 American carrier make up the entire world market?

This thread failed before it was written.
    Actually, what fails is your reading comprehension. This thread is about RIM being finished on VZW, not the rest of the world. No one said VZW makes up the entire world market. We are just talking about Verizon Wireless and RIM.
    Rickroller likes this.
    01-11-11 12:46 PM
    I didn't say it was.
    The OP did "Will to day be the beginning of the end for Balckberry on Verizon?" I raised the point that despite diminishing sales, RIM is still alive on AT&T, and therefore will survive the iphail4 on VZW too. You're tried point out something or other related to Android.
    01-11-11 12:51 PM
    The OP did "Will to day be the beginning of the end for Balckberry on Verizon?" I raised the point that despite diminishing sales, RIM is still alive on AT&T, and therefore will survive the iphail4 on VZW too. You're tried point out something or other related to Android.
    Yes, I believe now that Android is going to have a bigger presence on AT&T, that RIM may take just as large of a hit on AT&T as they did on VZW. They still will sell devices, I just expect to see a big decline like what happened on VZW. The iPhone will not kill RIM sales on VZW, it will take away sales from Android.
    01-11-11 12:52 PM
    Actually, what fails is your reading comprehension. This thread is about RIM being finished on VZW, not the rest of the world. No one said VZW makes up the entire world market. We are just talking about Verizon Wireless and RIM.
    Take easy. Like Mike L., the rest of the world is what RIM has its hope pinned on because hope is in short supply for RIM on VZ.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 12:57 PM
    Yes, I believe now that Android is going to have a bigger presence on AT&T, that RIM may take just as large of a hit on AT&T as they did on VZW. They still will sell devices, I just expect to see a big decline like what happened on VZW. The iPhone will not kill RIM sales on VZW, it will take away sales from Android.
    THIS...
    RIM sales are already dead on Verizon. The iphone won't have an impact. What it will impact is Android sales. As far as AT&T goes, they'll lose both iphone sales and BlackBerry sales due to the loss of iphone exlusivity and the influx of android devices coming to AT&T.
    avt123 likes this.
    01-11-11 12:58 PM
    "Will today be the beginning of the end for Blackberry on Verizon?"

Read the thread title again (slowly this time) and then ask yourself "Who in the h-e-l-l is talking about the entire world market?".
    Excuse me if I thought I was in a different thread. I'll move on now.

Better yet you should ask yourself "Who in the h-e-l-l is listening to me?".
    01-11-11 01:01 PM
    THIS...
    RIM sales are already dead on Verizon. The iphone won't have an impact. What it will impact is Android sales. As far as AT&T goes, they'll lose both iphone sales and BlackBerry sales due to the loss of iphone exlusivity and the influx of android devices coming to AT&T.
    This.. and that AT&T will most likely (we can hope) drop attempts to lockdown their Android devices to appease Apple. AT&T Android phones will probably become open like they were originally intended. If they do, then their Android sales will increase as a result.
    avt123 likes this.
    01-11-11 01:04 PM
    THIS...
    Exactly. Android will lose ground on VZW because of the iPhone, but gain ground on AT&T because of all the new releases.
    01-11-11 01:06 PM
    I was just going to raise that point...AT&T sold both iphone and BB. This thread's a fail.
    Another point I forgot to make earlier, here in Canada all 3 major carriers carry the iPhone 4 (Bell/Telus/Rogers), so why isn't BB dead up here on any of these carriers?
    01-11-11 01:20 PM
    Another point I forgot to make earlier, here in Canada all 3 major carriers carry the iPhone 4 (Bell/Telus/Rogers), so why isn't BB dead up here on any of these carriers?
    Because VZW isn't in Canada.
    JoelTruckerDude likes this.
    01-11-11 01:31 PM
    I highly doubt RIM will ever have to worry about dying in Canada. The way RIM keeps buying all the Canadian companies, they may just start buying the citizens as well.
    01-11-11 01:40 PM
    We also have a very poor selection of phones to choose from as well. The only top end Androids to choose from are: Telus - Fascinate, Bell - Galaxy S and Desire Z, Rogers - Captivate. Of course they all offer the iPhone as well..and some are carrying higher end Windows now..but overall our phone selection sucks up here.

I know in my job sector though (oilfield) the BB's are still a huge means of communication..mostly due to BIS/BES and email capabilites..not to mention when your stuck in the middle of nowhere with the nearest cell tower along ways away..you generally need something that has a very good antenna as well.
    01-11-11 01:45 PM
    You could also say, "Android sales went up because customers wanted an iPhone on Verizon but it didn't exist, so they bought the iPhone clone instead."
    01-11-11 03:06 PM
    I'd say RIM is now about to get a "cold bucket of water thrown on them" wake up call. Now that they have 2 of the largest carriers offering offering great Android devices and the iPhone I'd expect AT&T blackberry sales to suffer the same fate as it did on Verizon. Too many better choices of do everything phones, instead of decent messaging devices.

As for Canadians support for RIM, that's easy, one you guys support Canadian companies (at least in my past dealings with you guys, it's pretty much a buy Canadian mentality), and you have a lot of Blackberry choices, factor in your not so good data packages (I believe you guys pay more for less), and I think it's obvious why no one wants a data heavy phone.
    01-11-11 03:29 PM
    Simple answer to this thread's Title Question: No.
    01-11-11 05:55 PM
97 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD