First off... I know, it's $350 to get of of contract

But Verizon is starting to get expensive for me and I'm barely keeping up with the bill, I owe $290.00 as of right now but no worries it's defiantly gonna get paid when income tax comes, but the 9700 has caught my eye and when I went to the T-mobile store I fell in love with it

Compared it to my 9630 and using my imagination the 9650 and it made it look like a piece of heavy ****

to get back on topic, why pay a $105.00 a month when you could pay $60 and some change

But don't get me wrong, I love Verizon and I believe in "you get what you pay for" but the 3G coverage T-mobile has in Philadelphia extends all the out to the suburbs of Pa ... so it's a no brainier

But the tie breaker for me is:

If I cancel and pay the ETF, would it also affect my credit rating ?
    Last edited by Muscle Master; 12-29-09 at 03:17 AM.
    12-29-09 03:09 AM
    It shouldn't provided you pay off the balance and ETF. Since cell phone contracts don't actually help build credit (unless you don't pay, and then they will def. hurt it), canceling one and paying the ETF is just like buying yourself out of it. Of course, I'm not an accountant or such, so I could be wrong.
    12-29-09 03:16 AM
    As long as nothing goes to collection, you're good.
    12-29-09 03:17 AM
    Lets say I get fed up with T-mobile in a year and want to come back to Verizon, would Verizon have an attitude and stick me with that $1,000 deposit when starting a new contract ?
    12-29-09 03:17 AM
    Don't think so. Since the contract doesn't build credit, it shouldn't stick around on your credit for too long. Verizon should also purge your info if you're account is clear after a certian amount of time. (Usually between 1 and 3 months I think.)
    12-29-09 03:19 AM
    Don't think so. Since the contract doesn't build credit, it shouldn't stick around on your credit for too long. Verizon should also purge your info if you're account is clear after a certian amount of time. (Usually between 1 and 3 months I think.)
    No one purges info that quick, if at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-09 04:03 AM
    This is the "Big V" we are talking about I suggest to play it safe you read your contract carefully including all the small print at the bottom. I would also suggest that you turn the contract paper over and get a black crayon or something to do like children do to get the white font on white paper to appear so you can read all the hidden stuff on the back you agreed to when you sign it.

Goes something like this you agreed to give Verizon access to your credit score, and they will say when you are paid off including paying any collection fees, etc. They then have the choice once it is paid off through a collection agency and sent back to Verizon as paid in full that they can then sell it another collection company and force you to pay twice or three times through different collection companies until Verizons sees fit you have paid what THEY feel you owe. Reading down more on the hidden agreements you AGREED to is that you signed over your soul and your first born to Verizon that they may take when they see fit.

Plain English Verizon equals Obama they will do what they want when they want and look you in the eye smile and say a big F-you to the customer.

Hope this helps and makes your choices easier. Yes you can leave Verizon but be warn they will hunt you down make you pay and will even threaten to harm you and your family in the process.

Such a sad sad cell phone company.
    12-29-09 04:21 AM
    Man up with them and see what they say. It might be easier to cancel and lose the number then port and get into a fight over the ETF. Be honest about the expense.

12-29-09 06:21 AM
    As long as you pay out the balance and cover the ETF, you wull have no worries.

12-29-09 07:07 AM
    this will not effect your credit as LONG AS YOU PAY UR BILL... as a credit analyst you would be suprised how many VERIZON charge off accnts we see here typically balances 2-500 bucks but they stay on there ~7 years and put a pretty big ding in your credit score..
    12-29-09 07:39 AM
    This is the "Big V" we are talking about I suggest to play it safe you read your contract carefully including all the small print at the bottom. I would also suggest that you turn the contract paper over and get a black crayon or something to do like children do to get the white font on white paper to appear so you can read all the hidden stuff on the back you agreed to when you sign it.

Goes something like this you agreed to give Verizon access to your credit score, and they will say when you are paid off including paying any collection fees, etc. They then have the choice once it is paid off through a collection agency and sent back to Verizon as paid in full that they can then sell it another collection company and force you to pay twice or three times through different collection companies until Verizons sees fit you have paid what THEY feel you owe. Reading down more on the hidden agreements you AGREED to is that you signed over your soul and your first born to Verizon that they may take when they see fit.

Plain English Verizon equals Obama they will do what they want when they want and look you in the eye smile and say a big F-you to the customer.

Hope this helps and makes your choices easier. Yes you can leave Verizon but be warn they will hunt you down make you pay and will even threaten to harm you and your family in the process.

Wow....d r a m a
    12-29-09 09:39 AM
    Lets say I get fed up with T-mobile in a year and want to come back to Verizon, would Verizon have an attitude and stick me with that $1,000 deposit when starting a new contract ?
    A deposit is only required depending on credit, and the max it could be is 450 per line, not a 1000. So you're ok.
    12-29-09 09:41 AM
    Weird thing is, I've known people who have bad standing with multiple cell phone companies being irresponsible, and still not having to pay a deposit (weird). And as stated above paying your cell phone bill regularly doesn't define your credit score at all besides you providing it as some sort of payment history. Its when you don't pay it, that it effects it, and it effects it negatively - mainly because it'd be in collections.
    12-29-09 10:22 AM

12-29-09 10:32 AM
    Interesting take.....hahahahahaha....but what the F&*K does Obama have to do with this?? Are you kidding me? Hilarious...
    12-30-09 12:58 AM
    Interesting take.....hahahahahaha....but what the F&*K does Obama have to do with this?? Are you kidding me? Hilarious...
    That was an example of uneducated rant from a person that has obviously seen the dark side of collections and was left bitter....because its the companies fault they didn't pay the bill you know.

I actually had a customer e-mail in today and ask why her bill was over 400 dollars. She hasn't paid since September and she wasn't hotlined...WTF!!!
    And she demanded a credit. Double WTF!!

Some peoples kids.
    12-30-09 01:08 AM
    Regarding the whole deposit deal, I signed my first contract with VZW the day I turned 18. No deposit required.

VZW was giving me a hard time during the Summer and I thought about going to AT&T (yeah, I know...) but they wanted me to give them a $450 deposit.

WTF?

In the end VZW worked with me and everything worked out. In fact, I signed another two year contract and they didn't require a deposit.
    12-30-09 03:17 AM
    To original poster,

I have canceled with Verizon and went with Att and it didn't effect my credit. I payed my ETF and remaining balance.

Att only lasted 6 months and canceled. Came back to Verizon and they welcomed me with open arms.
    12-30-09 02:18 PM
    it wont I paid a etf on at&t and also paid a etf recently on verizon to go to at&t again and at&t didnt charge me any extra to come back you will be fine
    12-30-09 02:53 PM
    No it won't hurt ur credit.

12-30-09 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD