So my roommate has tmobile and he's d got wifi any idea if and or when Verizon might be getting wifi

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-08 12:29 PM
    Verizon may not be getting Wi-Fi. The Curve is coming in May, but whether or not it has Wi-Fi remains to be seen. I have seen some reports that indicated that it would NOT have Wi-Fi.
    04-17-08 12:40 PM
    I doubt they will have it until they release their own version of the 9000 series. Who knows when that will happen. Don't hold your breath. I don't think they thought it was important because of evdo being superior to edge's data speeds. Surely, they did not want to give up billable minutes with UMA calling.
    04-17-08 01:37 PM
    I don't think Verizon will be getting wifi any time soon.
    04-17-08 01:49 PM
    Yeah, I don't think the Big Red will ever allow WiFi on their network. Well...unless the whole 700MHz open-device thing forces them to.
    04-17-08 03:22 PM
    I don't think Verizon will be getting wifi any time soon.

I agree with that
    04-17-08 03:26 PM
    There will be no WiFi for UMA on Verizon. They are approaching that type of market with another type of technology call FEMTOCELL. Totally stupid move on their part btw, but they get more money by you having to buy these FEMTOCELL base stations (AP), so we all know why they are doing it that way. Verizon is the Devil when it comes finding new ways to nickle and dime everyone.
    04-17-08 09:40 PM
    verizon does have a samsung smart phone that allows wifi
    05-16-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD