I have an icon on my main screen "boot free stub". It is not in applications so I cant remove it. It does not open either. Does anyone know what this is? Thanks and Happy New Year. I have a BB 8830 with Verizon
    12-30-08 12:05 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if it is being pushed through like they did with TypeTrooper (or whatever it was called) and the only thing you can do is hide it.
    12-30-08 12:07 PM
    i also have the Trooper Typing and can not remove it or open it. So I just hide it. I'm not sure if it is taking up space or how to remove it. Kind of annoying.
    12-30-08 06:32 PM
    is there a service book for it? If so, if you delete the service book, it should get rid of the icon....
    12-31-08 03:43 AM
    is there a service book for it? If so, if you delete the service book, it should get rid of the icon....
    But it will return next time service books are sent.
    12-31-08 11:06 AM
    You are all correct, as long as you do not install the application, just hide the icon, that is all you can do. It will not consume any memory...
    12-31-08 11:10 AM
    You are all correct, as long as you do not install the application, just hide the icon, that is all you can do. It will not consume any memory...
    Every application takes up memory - whether it is RAM or ROM is the difference. If the app is installed, it's taking up memory, application space. To me, that is precious memory! I'd call Verizon (or post message in the proper thread here) and have them remove it or ask how to remove it.
    12-31-08 12:16 PM
    You can remove some things that are not in the app list by going to options > advanced > applications > menu > view modules and deleting the applicable modules. Only do this if you know what you are doing or you could FUBAR something.
    12-31-08 12:18 PM
    Every application takes up memory - whether it is RAM or ROM is the difference. If the app is installed, it's taking up memory, application space. To me, that is precious memory! I'd call Verizon (or post message in the proper thread here) and have them remove it or ask how to remove it.
    Re-read my post, that is exactly what i am saying. As long as you do not install the icon and hide it, it will not use memory, it is just sitting there...
    12-31-08 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD