09-01-10 09:40 AM
32 12
tools
    Patience isn't likely an option... Especially if the new BB is LTE and they pull that whole charging extra for it even if LTE hasn't reached your area yet...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Very true and to make things worse is that all the carriers are probably going to do it. I live near Pittsburgh PA and we are probably close to the bottom of the list for LTE but in a short while when the LTE devices come out I may be paying extra for data speeds I can't use. I don't mind it too much because it would be my choice to get a LTE device instead of staying with a 3g one but it still isn't ideal if the device has features I can't use.

I still think that Verizon and RIM have something up their sleeve that may be way better then the Torch but they don't want the info getting out yet. I don't know maybe I am just an optimist.
    08-30-10 11:34 AM
    Very true and to make things worse is that all the carriers are probably going to do it. I live near Pittsburgh PA and we are probably close to the bottom of the list for LTE but in a short while when the LTE devices come out I may be paying extra for data speeds I can't use. I don't mind it too much because it would be my choice to get a LTE device instead of staying with a 3g one but it still isn't ideal if the device has features I can't use.

I still think that Verizon and RIM have something up their sleeve that may be way better then the Torch but they don't want the info getting out yet. I don't know maybe I am just an optimist.
    I hope the new super upgraded BB they're supposedly coming out with in the Spring isn't LTE/LTE only, because I live in BFE Michigan, and it'll probably be at least the end of 2012 if not the beginning of 2013 by the time we get LTE here, and I'm sure they'll be chomping at the bit to charge more for LTE data with any LTE capable device whether you're in a coverage area or not.

The way I see it, I'll have to upgrade to something else for a year or two until LTE rolls out up here also, since I don't want to buy the Tour refresh (Bold 9650), and no interest in a Storm refresh with the same screen/processor etc.

08-30-10 07:30 PM
    I think VZW is just advertising what they have and can sell you now in order to get a contract extention, to prevent you from jumping ship to the new iphone or torch, wether u were thinking of doing it or not. I'm a BB user, but the only thing VZ has to compete with someone who wants a phone like an iphone is a droid.

08-31-10 10:03 AM
    rofl yeah that keyboard is a keeper for sure hahahahahaha ...Not

Sent from Tapatalk
    All right tough guy! the point i was trying to make is that BB needs to get with the program. They have the best physical keyboard in the business hands down! they just need to team that up with apps and features that can compete with Droid and the iphone i.e. a FLASH browser! Not everyone has the patience to one hand text with a touch keyboard. I love my 9650 dont get me wrong, but after using my wifes Droid 2 im just a keyboard away from leaving.
    08-31-10 03:53 PM
    Verizon already has the best Blackberry...the Bold 9650. Until RIM comes up with something better, you can't really blame Verizon!
    08-31-10 09:26 PM
    Verizon already has the best Blackberry...the Bold 9650. Until RIM comes up with something better, you can't really blame Verizon!
    Sure you can blame them. I'm sure Vzw has some say in what RIM wil make for them, but they probably didn't demand anything better. ATT requested the Torch, what is/was stopping Vzw from making their own request?

09-01-10 04:16 AM
    Sure you can blame them. I'm sure Vzw has some say in what RIM wil make for them, but they probably didn't demand anything better. ATT requested the Torch, what is/was stopping Vzw from making their own request?

They requested and got the storm line, and rumor has it they requested the clam.
    09-01-10 09:40 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD