05-16-09 10:14 PM
58 123
tools
    I don't understand why you would keep the phone if it didn't meet your standards.
    Outstanding point. I could understand putting up with product idiosyncracies on some things - Jag XK120, Ferrari, Vincent or Ducati motorcycles, Benelli shotguns, Triumph TR3, '57 Vette fuelie, women or even the perpetual oil drips on AMF-era HDs - those things have heart & especially soul.

I mean, after all, we are talking about a phone - a semi-disposable electronics device that will probably be relegated to obscurity, the round file or drowned in a sink/toilet.

It just isn't the same as crashing a car that WO Bentley raced or accidentally spending that 1893 Liberty silver dollar proof.

Shoot - for me, it isn't even worth as much as a picture of my kids.

As you were.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-14-09 03:15 PM
    So let's look at this from the outside in, for just a moment.

1) You didn't like your first PDA, so you took advantage of the VZW Worry-Free Guarantee.

2) You allowed a sales rep to talk you into a Storm that you didn't really want.

3) Said Storm didn't work to your expectations from day one.

4) You continued to use this device for months, even though it wasn't what you wanted.

5) Now you come to a forum that claims a million members, but which has maybe 500 regular or semi-regular posters, many of who post on more than one forum and many of whom will never top 50 posts, trying to start a movement against VZW.

The Storm has been a success. The vast majority of Storm users are happy and defend their choice of devices. The Storm owners you find here are on both sides of the aisle. Some have problems, most love theirs.

My informal & admittedly unscientific figures on the matter would put 2% of Storm owners as being very unhappy with their phones. Yet probably half of those are still waiting for a fix, hoping they can keep theirs.

You were given 30 days to decide. Without asking first, you chose to take longer than 30 days, in an affront to the agreement you signed. I really hope you can prove that sales rep held a gun to your head, then threatened you again if you returned your Storm in less than 30 days - else you don't have a prayer.

My intent here was not to offend, but to inject a healthy dose of reality into the subject - and none of my thoughts above are original. They have been voiced by various souls throughout this and other forums.

I have to say I pretty much agree with this but I also want to add something to it.

Most users who love there device whether it be the storm or not .. DO NOT come onto forums to tell people how much they like it.

however contrary to that
    PEOPLE WHO DO NOT like there device are way way way more likely to post on forums all over the place about there gripes or even go to forums to have people try and help them fix there problem

so the internet is really not a great place to look for mostly positive feedback when truthfully you will find mostly negative feedback.. this is usually the case mostly to forums in general

although I do want to say that "post count" is really irrelevant as some people see it as a goal to get a ton of posts while there is plenty of extremely intelligent people that may only decide to post once.
    05-14-09 05:23 PM
    I don't understand. Doesn't RIM have a copy of Verizon's standards for testing? If so RIM should never let out an OS for certification if they test to the same standards as Verizon. They would know ahead of time that it didn't meet. Just a thought.
    a-freaking-men.

People who think it has ANYTHING to do with Verizon, is ridiculous. Even when people call complaining cause their browser isn't working.. like, c'mon people, we (Verizon) don't even supply the browsing.
    Can you place and recieve calls?
    Can you send and recieve text messages?
    If the answer is YES.. then it is something that we can't controll.

Sorry for everyone crying about the Storm and how terrible it is, but go cry about RIM making a terrible product, rather than Verizon releasing it.

Everyone knows the product was rushed for the Holidays, so everyone would make a ton of money from it (Verizon as well as RIM) ... but who lines up for a first gen phone for 6 hours and expects it to be PERFECT?

Look at the iPhone, people waited for GOD KNOWS HOW LONG in a line, and a lot of them were also disappointed, and now, after another phone has been released (and soon to be a software release) the device is incredible.

All first generation .. well, anythings, take time, patience and updating. If it's something you cannot handle, don't get the Storm.

/endrant.
    05-14-09 05:45 PM
    Anything that is released that is considered 'first model year' is going to have problems. People get themselves all phsyc'd up for a NEW product that they believe beats everything else (in their own mind), not to mention seeing others on the internet talking about how great the item is, yet when they get it and start using it as designed, they feel they have been jipped and immediately blame the 'provider' of the item....

did the Storm come out with problems? Yeah, as does any NEW product. Does it need an updated OS? Heck yeah!

But the thing is that you can't expect to go and scream about it to VZW and expect them to kiss your a$$ and give you all these credits, etc because you don't like certain things that the phone is doin....yeah as long as it can make/receive calls/text messages, their network is working fine.

I gave them three attempts to fix my problems I had with the Storm I had, but after that I decided I'm not going to keep going on this track of doing constant battery pulls or resets over and over, and bit the bullet and asked them to replace me with a Curve. Now that I have my Curve it suits me perfectly. Is that going to be for everyone? No probably not....but it works for me and that's all I am concerned with.

I'm not pissed at Verizon for the phone itself. I'm pissed only at Verizon because of the crappy service I get when I go into the store for help or to buy something, otherwise their network does what I want it to do, and I have a phone that works correctly....I've heard too many stories of other carriers networks dropping people consistently, but not once has VZW's network ever dropped me....so it works for me.

Others may expect things to work PERFECTLY without a problem, but people seem to forget that we live in a man-made world, and NOTHING that man makes is ever going to be perfect. Man-made products will always have some potential for failure...its just the name of the game, but most stuff we create and build does work as close to perfect as we can possibly make it. Only God can create perfection and I don't see him going into making cell phones anytime soon....he already has immaculate reception
    05-16-09 11:30 AM
    Without this forum, I guarantee the number of unhappy storm customers drops considerably. Its easy to find flaws in something when they are pointed out to you, regardless of if you noticed them or if they even affect you.

If I had to guess I would say probably 75 percent of the storms returned arent even defective. They are either user error, unrealistic expectations, or fraud.

So, to make a long story short, the reason people are so pissed at Verizon is crackberry.com more than anything.
    05-16-09 12:09 PM
    Without this forum, I guarantee the number of unhappy storm customers drops considerably. Its easy to find flaws in something when they are pointed out to you, regardless of if you noticed them or if they even affect you.

If I had to guess I would say probably 75 percent of the storms returned arent even defective. They are either user error, unrealistic expectations, or fraud.

So, to make a long story short, the reason people are so pissed at Verizon is crackberry.com more than anything.
    I can see that. Get new phone and you love it. Then you go online to learn it better. See the crap pointed out here and some are like I want gps or I want wifi. Don't know what I would use itfor but I want it! Or they hear about slow operating sys and they then think of their dual core internet browser on their computer and think a little smartphone should work like that. Probably 9 of 10 of the whiners are on their first smartphone, have no tech savvy and suddenly think they know everything because they spent some time online with others just like them who are on their first smartphone and have no idea even how to work within their windows registry.

05-16-09 04:28 PM
    I can see that. Get new phone and you love it. Then you go online to learn it better. See the crap pointed out here and some are like I want gps or I want wifi. Don't know what I would use itfor but I want it! Or they hear about slow operating sys and they then think of their dual core internet browser on their computer and think a little smartphone should work like that. Probably 9 of 10 of the whiners are on their first smartphone, have no tech savvy and suddenly think they know everything because they spent some time online with others just like them who are on their first smartphone and have no idea even how to work within their windows registry.

Oh the list goes on and on. Color banding is a good one. RIM sacrificed resolution in order to gain speed. Most dont even notice it until they come here. All of a sudden, they want their color banding fixed! Or they start complaining that they want the openGL activated in the phone. They have no idea what the damn thing is or even how it works, but they demand it turned on. Open GPS... dont even get me started. Funny thing is that on the storm, GPS is more opened than any other CDMA Blackberry has before. I actually havent ran into an app that uses GPS that hasnt worked for me.

Just goes to show that most people are just sheep and follow the herd. Which is why you dont really see me making any friends on here. I call them like I see them. Yeah, storm owners are a bunch of whiners in general. They bought a blackberry and b*tch and moan because it doesnt work like an iphone. ITS NOT A DA*M IPHONE!! Verizon doesnt have a magic wand they can waive and turn everyone's storm into the perfect phone. When the new OS drops for it, regardless of its 4.7 or 5.0, there will still be the whiners. If you dont like it, buy a phone that you do like.

Its not brain surgery here people, they are cell phones.
    Last edited by pricej636; 05-16-09 at 10:07 PM.
    05-16-09 10:04 PM
    Bravo & big pats on the back for the previous three posts.

I can relate to the part about not making many friends here, too.

Posted from my BlackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:14 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD