05-16-09 10:14 PM
58 123
tools
    I honestly dont care. Mine works fine. One of the lucky ones I guess. I did upgrade to .141 from .75 out of curiosity. Now i dont even remember what it was like. maybe ill go back to .65 so i can get pissed off too...
    05-12-09 04:44 PM
    maybe ill go back to .65 so i can get pissed off too...
    Now that's funny!!
    05-12-09 04:49 PM
    Aw - you Aggies are all alike.

That is an intended design feature to keep you from running up your minutes!

Here's one you might enjoy.

Q: Why do the Longhorns dislike playing on artificial turf?

A: Because there's nowhere for their cheerleaders to graze.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Everyone is laughing but not at your joke. At least I thought it was funny but maybe that's because I told it to you.

05-12-09 05:03 PM
    oh I liked it. Im justed used to bieng the **** of the jokes
    05-12-09 05:11 PM
    from what i hear there is a legal update on the way soon!!!! Heard that from a Blackberry Support representative...as well VZW which states there is a BETA copy of the OS to come.
    05-12-09 05:16 PM
    oh I liked it. Im justed used to bieng the **** of the jokes
    Well he did modify it from the way I used to tell it when I lived in Texas. My version poked fun at the Cowboys and A&M.
    from what i hear there is a legal update on the way soon!!!! Heard that from a Blackberry Support representative...as well VZW which states there is a BETA copy of the OS to come.
    ALL of the Storm OS releases since the original have been beta releases. Come to think of it, the original was too!

05-12-09 05:40 PM
    Well he did modify it from the way I used to tell it when I lived in Texas. My version poked fun at the Cowboys and A&M.
    Always try to make people laugh instead of tring to offend - it is a motto of mine. Then again, some people need to be offended. This was not one of those times.
    ALL of the Storm OS releases since the original have been beta releases. Come to think of it, the original was too!
    You think it was a beta release? More like alpha - both hardware & software - if you ask me.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I hate the Storm & have no use for it. But as I've mentioned before, your mileage may vary.

05-12-09 06:01 PM
    if verizon have tested and pass the test little lower than .141 then maybe everything will be fine for storm users ??
    05-12-09 06:32 PM
    I feel that forums are a easy place to complain as well.. I would be willing to bet that a good percentage of people who complain here would never think about walking into verizon and complaining to them direct
    05-12-09 08:17 PM
    People are upset because there is no concrete solution for the issues. Call into Verizon 10 times and you will probably get 10 different answers for if and when a new OS is dropping. The reps at Verizon are very much to blame for speading misinformation and getting people's hopes up.

The only honest answer I have ever gotten from VZW is when I spoke to a woman in the executive relations department, and she honestly said she had no clue if and when there would be a fix, and VZW and RIM acknowledges there are many issues with the phone.

I still like my storm, and I havent had the issues that many have had. I do feel sorry for those BES customers that can't load leaks though. If I was stuck on .75 I would have thrown this phone in a lake a long time ago.
    05-12-09 08:51 PM
    People are upset because there is no concrete solution for the issues. Call into Verizon 10 times and you will probably get 10 different answers for if and when a new OS is dropping. The reps at Verizon are very much to blame for speading misinformation and getting people's hopes up.

The only honest answer I have ever gotten from VZW is when I spoke to a woman in the executive relations department, and she honestly said she had no clue if and when there would be a fix, and VZW and RIM acknowledges there are many issues with the phone.

I still like my storm, and I havent had the issues that many have had. I do feel sorry for those BES customers that can't load leaks though. If I was stuck on .75 I would have thrown this phone in a lake a long time ago.
    Let see here - if you can check several posts here as well that are from reps that all say WE HAVE NO CLUE! please do not ask. Remember VZW is large as well and like here rumors flow about.

So there is not more misinfo given there, as there is here. this is why it just best to wait and it will come out when it comes out.

BTW the latest rumor is that it will not be tomorrow
    05-12-09 08:57 PM
    I'm happy with my Storm as is with a beta. I would buy a Storm 2 when it comes out. I like vzw service. It's nice to see Verizon has standards or a checklist of items an OS must meet - however the same obvisouly didn't appy to OS .65. It's all about $$$-timing-marketing...Some heads should roll on the RIM and Verizon side - some poor judgements -I think.
    05-12-09 09:09 PM
    Let see here - if you can check several posts here as well that are from reps that all say WE HAVE NO CLUE! please do not ask. Remember VZW is large as well and like here rumors flow about.

So there is not more misinfo given there, as there is here. this is why it just best to wait and it will come out when it comes out.

BTW the latest rumor is that it will not be tomorrow
    Oh, I agree 100% (must be something in the water tonight). I was speaking in regards to the numerous daily posts in the storm section claiming a rep told them this or told them that. Personally I could care less about an "official" release... if a leaked OS works better it will be on my phone.

Besides, I will be jumping ship to the 9630 when it releases anyway. Regardless of how well my phone works, a hard keyboard it just more efficient.
    05-12-09 09:23 PM
    I think people forget that challenges are what will drive the overall industry forward. Easy solution, VZW allows storm owners to do what ever they want with the software, and stop the whole "void mfg warranty" legal crap.
    Solution: RIM, VZW, all other providers authorize a big box service team, (ie geeksquad, etc...) to perform customizations of all phones... seems like both can take hands off the wheel at that point. Just saying, as an white shirt, black tie employee... too many storms are returned b/c they just need a quick os upgrade to say .132. I'm using oneofakindPC's system with great results... so easy its scary. And all the lost $$$ and broken customer relationships make me sigh...
    05-12-09 09:57 PM
    Why do people automatically just to a going to rim or verizon and making some sort of junta?

If it was so defective hardware verizon shouldnt of released plain and simple. You are taking what im saying out of context. Verizon can tell RIM to get them a working os so that they can in turn test pass it and give it to their customers. The rebooting and shutting of of the phone isnt a hardware issue its a software issue. Does the phone work? yes. Does it make calls ? yes. Does it recieve and send data? yes. Does the keypad on the phone appear correctly? no. Does it ramdomly reboot? yes. does it constantly freeze? yes. Please explain to me how these issues are hardware? The phone does what it supposed to do, what most people have issues involve software. not hardware.
    the reboots and freezing can be fixed. Mine hasnt rebooted since february.
    05-13-09 09:32 PM
    I feel that forums are a easy place to complain as well.. I would be willing to bet that a good percentage of people who complain here would never think about walking into verizon and complaining to them direct
    For everyone that is calling the Storm a collosal failure, just look at both RIM's and VZW's Q1 earnings. Both companies have done extremely well. When I come to these boards, I see nothing but ******** about the Storm. When I go to work, I see one or two with a fixable glitch. Once a week, maybe a customer will come in and act like a child and throw a fit over the Storm. The crackberry community is a very small percentage of VZW Storm owners.
    05-13-09 09:37 PM
    the reboots and freezing can be fixed. Mine hasnt rebooted since february.
    I know they can be fixed. Which is why i havent asked for a replacement storm because i know its software issues. Thats where my beef is the software the hardware works fine.
    05-13-09 09:42 PM
    I know they can be fixed. Which is why i havent asked for a replacement storm because i know its software issues. Thats where my beef is the software the hardware works fine.
    so if its fixed, then you have one less complaint.

Mine works perfectly. My co-worker's work perfectly. Of all the storms Ive sold since March, only one has been returned.
    05-13-09 09:46 PM
    i used to work in retail so i know how it is. Its why i havent returned my storm and i wont. Its just the rebooting when im talking that gets on my nerves i feel like throwing it out the window of my car. But when its fixed well see. Im hoping to have a LTE device since my contract ends next sept.
    05-13-09 09:53 PM
    I was really looking forward to getting a new phone this time around. The Storm was not my first choice; however, after getting frustrated with the other phone/PDA during the 30 day trial period, I allowed a salesmen at a Verizon store to talk me into trying the Storm.
    My Storm has not worked well since the day I brought it home. I've tried many excellent suggestions posted here and on a few other forums. (I wonder if the executives at Verizon realize just how many loyal customers they have?) I've loaded numerous "leaked" or "hybrid" Operating Systems found here and although my Storm finally "works" it is still a long way from where it should have been (functionally) to begin with.
    Suppose for a minute that the Storm was a new car you purchased from Ford; how many of you would still be driving that car? How many of you would have parked the car in your garage and patiently waited for the manufacturer to come out with a "fix" so that you could actually use the car as advertised? How many of you would have persisted in trying work arounds? At what point would you takethe car back to the manufacturer and demand a new car that works as promised or a full refund? What would you do if that manufactuer gave you the same excuses that we have been given by Verizon?
    The bottom line is I, like many of you, purchased a PDA that was supposed to have been fully functional from the get go, but here I am four months later and I have little more than an expensive paperweight? Why is that alright? How can any of you justify that in your heads? Sure, Verizon has the best network going (hands down) at least where I live, but if the device doesn't work, what good is a great network? I WANT MY STORM FIXED OR I WANT IT REPLACED WITH AN EQUIVALENT DEVICE THAT WORKS AS PROMISED. I AM TIRED OF WAITING, TIRED OF EXCUSES, AND TIRED OF HAVING TO LOAD QUESTIONABLE OPERATING SYSTEMS - LEAKED, HYBRID OR WHATEVER THEY ARE. I am appealing to everyone that reads this post; please, put your foot down and tell Verizon that you've had enough and that you want this made right.
    I apologize if I offend anyone with this post, but I have had enough and I do not think it is unreasonable to expect Verizon to make it right. Thank you!
    05-14-09 08:33 AM
    So what functionality does not work on your phone?
    05-14-09 08:53 AM
    I was really looking forward to getting a new phone this time around. The Storm was not my first choice; however, after getting frustrated with the other phone/PDA during the 30 day trial period, I allowed a salesmen at a Verizon store to talk me into trying the Storm.
    My Storm has not worked well since the day I brought it home.
    So let's look at this from the outside in, for just a moment.

1) You didn't like your first PDA, so you took advantage of the VZW Worry-Free Guarantee.

2) You allowed a sales rep to talk you into a Storm that you didn't really want.

3) Said Storm didn't work to your expectations from day one.

4) You continued to use this device for months, even though it wasn't what you wanted.

5) Now you come to a forum that claims a million members, but which has maybe 500 regular or semi-regular posters, many of who post on more than one forum and many of whom will never top 50 posts, trying to start a movement against VZW.

The Storm has been a success. The vast majority of Storm users are happy and defend their choice of devices. The Storm owners you find here are on both sides of the aisle. Some have problems, most love theirs.

My informal & admittedly unscientific figures on the matter would put 2% of Storm owners as being very unhappy with their phones. Yet probably half of those are still waiting for a fix, hoping they can keep theirs.

You were given 30 days to decide. Without asking first, you chose to take longer than 30 days, in an affront to the agreement you signed. I really hope you can prove that sales rep held a gun to your head, then threatened you again if you returned your Storm in less than 30 days - else you don't have a prayer.

My intent here was not to offend, but to inject a healthy dose of reality into the subject - and none of my thoughts above are original. They have been voiced by various souls throughout this and other forums.

05-14-09 08:57 AM
    You were given 30 days to decide. Without asking first, you chose to take longer than 30 days, in an affront to the agreement you signed. I really hope you can prove that sales rep held a gun to your head, then threatened you again if you returned your Storm in less than 30 days - else you don't have a prayer.

My intent here was not to offend, but to inject a healthy dose of reality into the subject - and none of my thoughts above are original. They have been voiced by various souls throughout this and other forums.

See I agree with you. We all had 30days to return it. Some of us stuck it out. Again i love the phone. For me it works better than the iphone at least the first gen iphone that i used to have. If i had issues from day one i would of returned it for a new one. I can see and i dont understand either when people had problems from the get go and didnt do anything about it when they could. Me my problems are minor but they annoy the living **** out of me. But doesnt keep me from enjoying my phone.
    05-14-09 11:24 AM
    See I agree with you.
    Well, not quite, but it is from a purely subjective point. For me, it wouldn't have taken 30 days to introduce a Storm to my shotgun, a block wall, the swimming pool or the bottom of my truck tires.

Patience? What is that?

05-14-09 01:51 PM
    You didn't answer a couple of questions: What were you promised that you didn't receive on the Storm?
    I don't understand why you would keep the phone if it didn't meet your standards. At some point you need to be responsible for your actions and realize that you are the one who made yourself unhappy. I cannot demand from Verizon an OS that they feel is not acceptable for use on this phone. You can either stay at the last official OS or use a leaked version, which has been approved by another carrier.
    05-14-09 02:31 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD