03-26-08 07:03 PM
37 12
tools
    I really want the BB Pearl but VZW plans are waaaay too expensive, especially to include unlimited txting, and they wouldn't offer me any special promotion when I called in yesterday and they wouldn't even let me upgrade to the Pearl with my "new every 2" discount early (says i have to wait till May), but I've heard of others being allowed to do it early...it shouldn't matter if i'm signing up for 2 more years, those greedy bastards! Now I'm stuck going to Sprint I guess...which is much cheaper with SERO plan but i don't want to give up the pic messaging feature
    03-15-08 09:34 AM
    When is your ne2 up? A good rep will let you go a month earlier than that.

Between the advanced device discount, the online discount, your ne2, and a mail in rebate, you should be under $100 on about any BB.

Also, if your ne2 is up in may, you should have gotten a mailer w/a special offer on the pearl, that's how I got mine a couple months early, for free. If you did get one, just call customer service and they will connect you to the retention dept., they have records of the accounts they sent the offers to.

Their plans are pricey to get the minutes you need, plus the unlimited messaging, but i've tried everyone else, but altell, and I couldn't handle the slow data and dropped calls.

May might not be bad if you can wait, there might be a curve out by then.
    03-15-08 11:34 AM
    AnalyticalMind, Everyone has to work for someone. If you don't get the answer you want, thank the person and ask if you can talk to their supervisor. If you still don't get the answer you want keep moving up the line. You'll either find someone who'll agree with you or run out of people.

This alway works for me
    03-15-08 12:08 PM
    When is your ne2 up? A good rep will let you go a month earlier than that.

Between the advanced device discount, the online discount, your ne2, and a mail in rebate, you should be under $100 on about any BB.

Also, if your ne2 is up in may, you should have gotten a mailer w/a special offer on the pearl, that's how I got mine a couple months early, for free. If you did get one, just call customer service and they will connect you to the retention dept., they have records of the accounts they sent the offers to.

Their plans are pricey to get the minutes you need, plus the unlimited messaging, but i've tried everyone else, but altell, and I couldn't handle the slow data and dropped calls.

May might not be bad if you can wait, there might be a curve out by then.
    My ne2 discount is up may 13th, i got something in the mail but it referred to the employee discounts. (they think i still work at citibank but if i renew i would tell them i'm not working there anymore and that pricing is too expensive). I'll try asking for a sup because I really want to stick with VZW and while I could probably live nicely still with their expensive plan, it's more money than I'd like to spend each month for a phone that's not a necessity. And I need that money for rising gas prices lol
    03-15-08 12:41 PM
    ok I talked to another rep online, I'm done dealing with this, they won't budge. They just backfire by saying I can either deal with Sprint's lousy coverage and fees in error showing on acct or I can have a reliable network and pricing from Verizon...so there's no winning with them and I don't feel like talking to CS anymore to try to find a supervisor that may or may not give me what I want. I figure if they aren't even willing to let me upgrade early with New every 2 discount then they definitely won't give me a cheaper rate on txt messages
    03-15-08 04:36 PM
    Have them transfer you to the retention dept. Tell retention you received a pearl offer in the mail. That's your best bet.
    GL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-08 04:59 PM
    the cost of the phone isn't really my issue, it's the plans
    03-15-08 05:04 PM
    Just quit your service at the end of your 2 years and like a week later you will get an email with some offers... One is for a free phone I believe.. I was with Verizon for 2 weeks.. my old carrier I thought offered me a better deal... price-wise maybe but I realized just how bad the network really was... Anyway.. like a week after I quit Verizon I had an email with like 4 offers in it.. Anyway, definitely check it out and see what they do. I just did this, btw, 2 weeks ago..
    03-15-08 05:09 PM
    quit Verizon... go somewhere else for a while or use your work phone.... Go back to Verizon... sign up for a BB Pearl.. .then quit... once you sign up for a BBPearl with Verizon... when you quit, that is the phone-specific offer you will get... It's complicated and I just did it b/c I thought my old network was better.... My mistake but I bet if you do this it works.
    03-15-08 05:13 PM
    I do agree with Verizon being ridiculously expensive though but, at the end of the day, they had the best network in my area and I felt they were just more professional... from there customer service people to the way the Blackberry phone is set-up... the other network caters to the college/high school set and I am moving out of that phase of my life...

In the end, I decided with the network quality and professional platform it was worth the extra $20-30 bucks/month. It was a difficult decision but I am glad I made it. More than anything, I feel better that 9 times out of 10 there will be reception wherever I go.

Anyway, I am on a shpiel... I actually just signed up today on this crackberry thing and find it interesting no doubt..
    03-15-08 05:22 PM
    Try tmo, if it's the plan price. Vzw won't budge on that. Just remember sometimes you get what you pay for.

03-15-08 06:46 PM
    tmo = no reception. I'm just going to take my chances and go with sprint
    03-15-08 08:57 PM
    tmo = no reception. I'm just going to take my chances and go with sprint
    Good luck with that.
    03-16-08 09:36 AM
    Verizon is more expensive because they have the best network. I don't think anyone will argue that. The only time in about 2 years we have had to call customer service, they handled the issue quickly, efficiently and to our satisfaction.

2 weeks ago I bought a Pearl. The phone was locking up randomly and acting up. I brought it in and they exchanged it on the spot.

Verizon is a bit pricier than most but I have had no bad experiences with them in 2 years. That's more than I can say for all the other providers I have ever had.
    03-16-08 11:53 AM
    Good luck with that.
    Good Luck also. It sounds to me like you are wanting a particular plan in which you can't afford, and is expecting Verizon to offer it to you at a price that you deem worthy of your budget. How about getting a plan that fits withing your budget and make it work for you. Majority of us purchase what we can afford and be contented with what our pocket book allows us if we are getting good service.
    Just my $0.02 worth!!!
    03-16-08 02:57 PM
    Good Luck also. It sounds to me like you are wanting a particular plan in which you can't afford, and is expecting Verizon to offer it to you at a price that you deem worthy of your budget. How about getting a plan that fits withing your budget and make it work for you. Majority of us purchase what we can afford and be contented with what our pocket book allows us if we are getting good service.
    Just my $0.02 worth!!!
    I don't think I'm being unreasonable at all, $20 extra for unlimited txting is rediculous and most people would agree with that. I can't justify spending close to $90/month on a phone that isn't a necessity for work, etc. I just like the features. And other carriers are cheaper with their txting options, Verizon's cheapest option is the $10 extra for 500txts. But I guess it's just me and everyone else is happy spending $100 a month on a phone. To each his own.
    03-16-08 03:13 PM
    So all this being said? Why did you start this thread, over unlimited texting?

03-16-08 06:12 PM
    well if you read the original post it says that it's because of the pricing of the plans to have all the features I want vs. what other carriers offer and how vzw is unwilling to offer anything to keep me as a customer, and even if I was willing to pay the high price plans they wouldn't even let me use the "new every two" discount a couple months early towards a phone that I'd be signing another 2 years for...
    03-16-08 07:28 PM
    my opinion, just wait it out. as much as i tried to get my NE2 early, i couldn't get someone to budge. so i waited and i counted the days and was in the store within hours of it opening on my upgrade day. with another phone on my plan i got them to do a NE2 discount about 5 months early but the phone had major issues and was constantly being replaced so they just allowed an upgrade over the phone. don't go in a store, they aren't so forthcoming with discounts. when i did finally get my 8130 i had to remind the guy about a $100 discount on the phone for signing up for the unlimited data plan, he's like oh yah. whatever. as for getting a different price on a plan, that will never happen. they have a $5 a month texting plan that gives you 250 texts a month, i don't need unlimited, but i had to ask about that, they don't advertise it because they want everyone to get unlimited. just don't pay for more than you need, simple as that. actually when i call customer service about something else, they take a look at my plan and always find something better for me. a couple weeks ago i called and she noticed i was still paying 39.99 for 400 minutes and she said the same price now got me 550 minutes and wondered why the sales rep who sold me my pearl didn't point it out to me or change it.
    03-16-08 09:33 PM
    my opinion, just wait it out. as much as i tried to get my NE2 early, i couldn't get someone to budge. so i waited and i counted the days and was in the store within hours of it opening on my upgrade day. with another phone on my plan i got them to do a NE2 discount about 5 months early but the phone had major issues and was constantly being replaced so they just allowed an upgrade over the phone. don't go in a store, they aren't so forthcoming with discounts. when i did finally get my 8130 i had to remind the guy about a $100 discount on the phone for signing up for the unlimited data plan, he's like oh yah. whatever. as for getting a different price on a plan, that will never happen. they have a $5 a month texting plan that gives you 250 texts a month, i don't need unlimited, but i had to ask about that, they don't advertise it because they want everyone to get unlimited. just don't pay for more than you need, simple as that. actually when i call customer service about something else, they take a look at my plan and always find something better for me. a couple weeks ago i called and she noticed i was still paying 39.99 for 400 minutes and she said the same price now got me 550 minutes and wondered why the sales rep who sold me my pearl didn't point it out to me or change it.
    well none of them were helpful with me at all, they just kept trying to advertise their unlimited data/txt plan for $99/mo. I've read about people called other carriers such as Sprint and they had a way of changing plan pricing or adding a recurring credit each month to the account to make it lower and I'm sure it's possible for VZW but I guess they'll just wait till they see me port my number to Sprint for them to care. Oh well. I did have Sprint as my first carrier but switched because there wasn't great reception in my area but the coverage map looks better now and my mom still has Sprint and she said she hasn't really had any issues, so I ordered my Pearl from them last night, wish me luck!
    03-16-08 09:45 PM
    I had a Treo 700p and it stopped working on me and I told them that my 2 year should be coming up, they said wouldn't fix the phone and just moved my date up. I really should have gotten that guys number. (he might have even told me how to unlock the GPS - :P)..
    03-18-08 08:11 AM
    Verizon needs to suck all of us dry in order to pay for that nice multi-billion dollar chunk of the 700mhz spectrum they have to sink their teeth into. duuuh lol
    03-23-08 06:37 PM
    Instead of calling in to VZW, I suggest you GO into a VZW corporate store (versus a retail outlet) and speak with a manager. They are usually more lenient to give you an early NE2 (with a pleasant attitude and a firm hand). I got my NE2 early by doing this without any problems.
    03-23-08 06:46 PM
    LOL seriously I am going to look at my usage after this month and if i didnt use that many texts ill probably drop my 59.99 with unlimited text and switch to the 39.99 450 with the 10 dollar text plan.
    03-23-08 06:51 PM
    cause ike 59.99 + 29.99 + 5.99 is a lot right now even with 22% discount off that 59.99 its still a lot cause of their surcharges.
    03-23-08 06:53 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD