06-16-09 10:12 AM
81 1234
tools
    That's easy. Verizon sux. Worst phones,worst plans,worst customer service. Switch today

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-12-09 09:03 AM
    The env's are the crappiest,cheapest excuses for phones ever. Ooooo a full keyboard. How astonishing. Verizon take my advice- just give up

06-12-09 09:04 AM
    I'm on alltel and my plan includes unlimited data, unlimited text, 10 my circle, nights start at 7 and I've traveled from missouri to oregon without ever incurring any roaming charges...gosh I can hardly wait till I'm consumed by big red.

*edit: and alltel to alltel is free...lol

Last edited by grandpa dan; 06-12-09 at 09:12 AM.
    06-12-09 09:05 AM
    thanks for the tip but, i'll keep the alltel plan as long as i can. it just sucks that i will have to pay retail for my phones (or ebay).
    Have you talked to VZW to see what can be done?
    06-12-09 09:07 AM
    That's easy. Verizon sux. Worst phones,worst plans,worst customer service. Switch today

The env's are the crappiest,cheapest excuses for phones ever. Ooooo a full keyboard. How astonishing. Verizon take my advice- just give up

Please, don't go away angry, just go away
    06-12-09 09:09 AM
    Please, don't go away angry, just go away
    I agree with you. The ignorant and clueless seldom add any value to any discussion.

Hey Goofhunta, don't let the door hit you in the backside on the way out.

I do have a question for you, Mr Lastraid. Since you are in New Mexico, where everything is done maana, why do you care what time you can make calls? After all, maana never comes.

06-12-09 03:21 PM

wow...
    2hrs really can get people on a roll...
    06-12-09 03:32 PM
    i always thought it was the next time zone to the right of where ever your sister's dog is sleeping, and you get unlimited "night time/dog nap" minutes. so if your dog is napping, you get unlimited minutes, or after 7 pm in the next time zone over.

that sounds right to me, i think that's what it is.

As usual.................HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!....... .........and sounds about right! LOL!
    06-12-09 03:54 PM
    Tmobile night minutes start at 9 not 7.

True, but my family has TMobile, and they get their night minutes at 7pm.

I believe they pay for it.
    06-12-09 03:58 PM
    True, but my family has TMobile, and they get their night minutes at 7pm.

I believe they pay for it.
    That is correct - T-Mobile does start @ 9PM, but they do have an add-on that moves it to 7PM for an additional charge.

For many, it isn't a good deal, while others may benefit.

I do have to remind everyone that these free hours are based on network call start time. The calls are not multi-rated. If you start your call even a minute too early, the entire call will come off your minutes, even though it crosses into free time. On the flipside, start a call a couple minutes before the free time is over, the entire call is free, even if you talk for 10 hours.

06-12-09 04:56 PM
    I do have a question for you, Mr Lastraid. Since you are in New Mexico, where everything is done maana, why do you care what time you can make calls? After all, maana never comes.

I agree, Manana does not mean tomorrow, it mean in the future.

I really do not care about times, if I need to use my phone I do, so does the rest of my family on my plan. They know ramifications if they drive overages or do anything that causes extra cost. THEY PAY FOR IT!
    06-12-09 05:10 PM
    Manana
    maana
    I think I'll have a banana under the cabaa maana, while I ponder the meaning of manana and night/weekend calling times.

06-12-09 05:25 PM
    It's called $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. Same reason they don't offer the wifi at home option. Cause people will save on mins which means they're just get lower min plans. That's why I don't know why all these people complain about wifi on the berrys because verizon doesn't offer the wifi service. Tmobile had that you pay 10extra a montha and make any call from wifi for free not running up your minutes.
    Last edited by Tdubby; 06-12-09 at 06:30 PM.
    06-12-09 06:27 PM
    It's called $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.. Same reason they don't offer the wifi at home option. Cause people will save on mins which means they're just get lower min plans. That's why I don't know why all these people complain about wifi on the berrys because verizon doesn't offer the wifi service. Tmobile had that you pay 10extra a montha and make any call from wifi for free not running up your minutes.
    Oh geez another one. Please read my response in post #55.
    06-12-09 06:43 PM
    I would love to have the option to buy an earlier start time, but it's not a deal breaker.
    06-12-09 08:00 PM
    Because they don't have to!
    06-12-09 08:01 PM
    that would be great to have that
    06-12-09 08:09 PM
    Still you have to admit that having the option isn't a bad thing. I wonder if they start losing subscribers, will they offer it then? Only time will tell.

06-12-09 08:12 PM
    Still you have to admit that having the option isn't a bad thing. I wonder if they start losing subscribers, will they offer it then? Only time will tell.

Losing subscribers? If it hasn't happened yet, (and it hasn't) it won't.
    06-12-09 08:26 PM
    Hey calm down, just because you could care less about an earlier start doesn't mean everone feels as you do. I'm sure not everyone agrees with me also.

06-12-09 08:31 PM
    I love all the folks willing to pay for an earlier start time, but will not spend the money to get the extra minutes as to not worry about it.

one example - you have your family on a 700 minute plan - two kids that you limit. cause of this. Say VZW charges $10 per line for this feature (is this reasonable for those of you willing to pay?), you can get the family share 1400 minutes for the same price. With friends and family as an added benefit as well.
    06-12-09 11:32 PM
    I love all the folks willing to pay for an earlier start time, but will not spend the money to get the extra minutes as to not worry about it.

one example - you have your family on a 700 minute plan - two kids that you limit. cause of this. Say VZW charges $10 per line for this feature (is this reasonable for those of you willing to pay?), you can get the family share 1400 minutes for the same price. With friends and family as an added benefit as well.
    I have 4 lines that share 1200 mins with 10 my circle numbers. I also have the 7 pm start that almost garantees that I will have no overages. You must not have a teenage daughter. 3 way calling, which I believe you get charged minutes for each call connected. Its easy to throw minutes at the situation but in all fairness, I didn't sign up for verizon. I am currently more than happy with my alltel plan and service. However, I understand that most of you are very happy with your current plans and I'm happy for you but, I am also happy with mine, I'm supppsed to happily change my plan to a more expensive one due to circumstances that I have no control over? I'm sure I will get a lot of the "switch carrier" talk but I will not go to sprint nor will I be able to use gsm inside my house so, I'm basically gonna have to ride it out.

06-12-09 11:52 PM
    I have 4 lines that share 1200 mins with 10 my circle numbers. I also have the 7 pm start that almost garantees that I will have no overages. You must not have a teenage daughter. 3 way calling, which I believe you get charged minutes for each call connected. Its easy to throw minutes at the situation but in all fairness, I didn't sign up for verizon. I am currently more than happy with my alltel plan and service. However, I understand that most of you are very happy with your current plans and I'm happy for you but, I am also happy with mine, I'm supppsed to happily change my plan to a more expensive one due to circumstances that I have no control over? I'm sure I will get a lot of the "switch carrier" talk but I will not go to sprint nor will I be able to use gsm inside my house so, I'm basically gonna have to ride it out.
    Actually, you may be sweating a non-issue, my friend. I know of some people who were on Qwest who liked their plan & still maintain the same plan. It is my understanding the same thing pertains to the Alltel buyout. You can keep your plan & conditions - until you want to change.

When you do change, you will then need to go to a VZW plan. Until then, enjoy your chosen Alltel plan.

06-13-09 01:34 AM
    I wonder if they start losing subscribers, will they offer it then? Only time will tell.
    Now on this point, I guess the thought is feasable. What would cause me to doubt it is VZW is the only carrier to continue growth - but even then, of what was once the top five carriers, VZW, AT&T, Sprint, Alltel & T-Mobile, one has an automatic 7PM start, two had it for an extra charge & two don't offer it. The three that had it in one form or another, were the smallest carriers of the five.

And two of those five are now one - and still, it is the smaller carriers that offer it. VZW & AT&T do not offer it at all - and the two represent about 150 million lines of service in a country of 300 million people. Sprint continues to lose customers, as does T-Mobile. This even though they have the lowest prices and the loosest credit requirements; people who cannot get service with VZW & AT&T, due to credit issues, are welcomed with open arms by Sprint & T-Mobile - especially Sprint.

So the only way I see VZW or AT&T losing substantial amounts of customers is if they all start losing customers. And what is the first thing to drop when customers begin to vanish? Prices - first in phones, then maybe later in plan rates. Then we might see a change in night/weekend terms.

I mean, where will they go? Sprint, with their idiosyncracies & customer service issues? T-Mobile, with their coverage issues & lack of 3G? VZW & AT&T customer switching to each other, with their near identical terms & pricing structures?

Sorry, but it won't happen - at least not until the efficiencies of LTE comes out - then you're stuck with VZW, then AT&T.

06-13-09 01:56 AM
    Now on this point, I guess the thought is feasable. What would cause me to doubt it is VZW is the only carrier to continue growth - but even then, of what was once the top five carriers, VZW, AT&T, Sprint, Alltel & T-Mobile, one has an automatic 7PM start, two had it for an extra charge & two don't offer it. The three that had it in one form or another, were the smallest carriers of the five.

And two of those five are now one - and still, it is the smaller carriers that offer it. VZW & AT&T do not offer it at all - and the two represent about 150 million lines of service in a country of 300 million people. Sprint continues to lose customers, as does T-Mobile. This even though they have the lowest prices and the loosest credit requirements; people who cannot get service with VZW & AT&T, due to credit issues, are welcomed with open arms by Sprint & T-Mobile - especially Sprint.

So the only way I see VZW or AT&T losing substantial amounts of customers is if they all start losing customers. And what is the first thing to drop when customers begin to vanish? Prices - first in phones, then maybe later in plan rates. Then we might see a change in night/weekend terms.

I mean, where will they go? Sprint, with their idiosyncracies & customer service issues? T-Mobile, with their coverage issues & lack of 3G? VZW & AT&T customer switching to each other, with their near identical terms & pricing structures?

Sorry, but it won't happen - at least not until the efficiencies of LTE comes out - then you're stuck with VZW, then AT&T.

I agree completely with this...

especially the bit about vzw and at&t customer switching i mean that is truly the most common hop..

someone go's from at&t to verizon and vice versa.. sometimes the same person does it more then once..
    06-13-09 03:13 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD