06-16-09 10:12 AM
81 1234
tools
    well they came out november 2007 i believe. that's when the unlimited plan came out anyway, they were right before that i think
    Yes, I think you are correct about that.
    06-11-09 06:29 PM
    The way I see is this:

Just change the time zone on your phone and wala, it is 7PM and make your calls
    06-11-09 06:32 PM
    Yes, I think you are correct about that.
    i know i'm right, cus corporate security tried to hang me for discussing "proprietary information" and posting the desk drops on phonescoop. i wasn't even at the training, i was home sick. lol!
    06-11-09 06:34 PM
    The way I see is this:

Just change the time zone on your phone and wala, it is 7PM and make your calls
    Lol, ya let some poor sap believe that!

For those of you that dont already know, its based on the time where you are currently located. When I was with Sprint (I know, dont stone me) I had my service out of Texas but I traveled often and could start my unlimited minutes based on the 7PM start time. So when I was in Alaska I could start unlimited calling at 4PM.
    06-11-09 06:38 PM
    i always thought it was the next time zone to the right of where ever your sister's dog is sleeping, and you get unlimited "night time/dog nap" minutes. so if your dog is napping, you get unlimited minutes, or after 7 pm in the next time zone over.

that sounds right to me, i think that's what it is.
    06-11-09 06:42 PM
    I would suppose they don't change their times, because....they don't have to! They're one of the biggest providers, they can get away with charging another 2 hours a day.
    06-11-09 06:43 PM
    Lol, ya let some poor sap believe that!

For those of you that dont already know, its based on the time where you are currently located. When I was with Sprint (I know, dont stone me) I had my service out of Texas but I traveled often and could start my unlimited minutes based on the 7PM start time. So when I was in Alaska I could start unlimited calling at 4PM.
    This is the answer for the OP!!!!

All you need to do is keep your account setup with a phone number / home area in EST. Then, your free nights would start at 8PM CST, not 9PM.

Unless Big Red determines the start of your "Nights" based on the "local" network time of the phone, then you are still SOL.

Edit: D'oh I didn't read the post I quoted right. I thought that he was meaning that when he was in Alaska at 7pm, it was 4pm in Texas. But after remembering that it gets EARLIER the further WEST you go, not the other way around (forgive me it has been a LLOOONNNGGG week) I realize that this wouldn't help at all.
    Last edited by dtubbs06; 06-11-09 at 07:18 PM.
    06-11-09 06:44 PM
    it is based off of where you are physically located at, with the phone. so if you're in cali, it's 9pm pacific, texas, 9pm central, NYC, 9pm est
    06-11-09 06:49 PM
    it is based off of where you are physically located at, with the phone. so if you're in cali, it's 9pm pacific, texas, 9pm central, NYC, 9pm est
    Yeppers, so even if you travel to a different time zone it is based on the local time and not the time back home. This is a common error made by users.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-11-09 06:57 PM
    we call that "user error"
    06-11-09 07:06 PM
    Please forgive my earlier post's ignorance / stupidity, I have edited it to show my misunderstanding of the quoted text. (It has been a LLLOOONNNGG week)
    06-11-09 07:20 PM
    my BFF has VZW. if your BFF loved you they'd get VZW also
    Well they can't possibly be your BFF. My BFF changed to Verizon. Ha ha ha. Good luck with that.

06-11-09 08:47 PM
    Or better yet just tell the CS rep it is 7PM somewhere on earth. And officer I was only going one way
    06-11-09 09:05 PM
    Or better yet just tell the CS rep it is 7PM somewhere on earth. And officer I was only going one way
    Don't you always go the wrong way???

06-11-09 09:38 PM
    Don't you always go the wrong way???

just like my great grand daddy the pilot. (Corrigan)
    06-11-09 09:51 PM
    what's seems to be the officer, problem? *hic*
    06-11-09 10:57 PM
    The Nationwide plan was just introduced a few months ago with unlimited nights (starting at 9:01PM) and weekends, so I doubt they're looking at introducing any changes to that in the immediate future, but that's just my opinion.
    The Nationwide Plan has been in place since the release of the LG Voyager. VZW has had unlimited nights and weekends for several years now. The Nationwide plan was introduced as a new way to charge for data usage.
    06-11-09 11:50 PM
    The Nationwide Plan has been in place since the release of the LG Voyager. VZW has had unlimited nights and weekends for several years now. The Nationwide plan was introduced as a new way to charge for data usage.
    I am really beginning to question if you really work for verizon. The nationwide plan has been around since at least 2001 and the unlimited nights and weekends since not long after. The Voyager came out late 2007.

06-12-09 12:55 AM
    when primeco was around it had nights at 7 verizon bought primeco left nights at 7 for a while and moved it to 9 along with a few other company's sprint I think has had 7 all along...

I doubt they will be going back to 7 unless more carriers push the issue..
    06-12-09 02:25 AM
    Tmobile night minutes start at 9 not 7.

06-12-09 04:05 AM
    What rock have you beel living under I have had the Nationwide Select plan for year.
    I'm still on America's Choice, but I do see the literature, I just don't memorize, or study it or mark the date on my calendar.
    Sorry didn't mean to open up a whole can of worms with the word "few."
    I was using that example to point out that VZW does in fact update their plans, and has in recent history (I *think* the press release I saw said Nationwide was introduced in Feb 2008 - yes, over a year ago, but *I* still consider that recent) *and states 9:01PM as the time unlimited nights starts.*
    06-12-09 06:36 AM
    I am really beginning to question if you really work for verizon. The nationwide plan has been around since at least 2001 and the unlimited nights and weekends since not long after. The Voyager came out late 2007.

You are referring to the Americas Choice Plan. That gave "nationwide" unlimited long distance, "nationwide" no roaming, and "nationwide" unlimited nights and weekends.

Shortly before the Voyager was released, the plans were renamed from "America's Choice" to "Nationwide". This did and continues to cause a lot of confusion. When someone comes in on an "Americas Choice" plan and wants to upgrade to a Voyager, Env3, Dare, Samsung Glyde, Motorola Krave, LG 8360, Env Touch, etc, you must upgrade your plan from America's Choice to Nationwide if it hasn't happened already.

Here's where the confusion begins.....when we tell people this, they state exactly what you did. Then we have to explain, the name change from Americas Choice to Nationwide has nothing to do with your calling options. It refers to the fact that everyone "Nationwide" has access to mobile web without being charged per minute. Instead, customers are billed 1.99/mb usage to do so unless they have a minimum of the VCast package or one of our Premium or Select Plans.

Alternatively, when customers have made the switch to the "Select Plan" which gives everyone on their plan unlimited text, an automatic upgrade to "Nationwide" status was given.

I'll also add that in most cases, there is no cost difference between the Nationwide and Americas Choice plans. It's simply how data usage is billed.

So yes, "nationwide" calling features have been around for years (which you must have missed me saying in my original post) but the "Nationwide", which all plans are now referred to, was introduced with the introduction of the Voyager.
    Last edited by ScottRPriester; 06-12-09 at 07:51 AM.
    06-12-09 07:38 AM
    i cant understand why they dont even offer it for a fee. Im currently with alltel which is being swallowed by verizon but, we have the 7pm off peak option so, even though i will be paying verizon im gonna keep my alltel plan as long as i can because of this feature. I have 2 teenagers on the plan, i allow them to text until their fingers bleed but dont allow them to talk until after 7 unless the number is in our circle.
    06-12-09 08:51 AM
    i cant understand why they dont even offer it for a fee. Im currently with alltel which is being swallowed by verizon but, we have the 7pm off peak option so, even though i will be paying verizon im gonna keep my alltel plan as long as i can because of this feature. I have 2 teenagers on the plan, i allow them to text until their fingers bleed but dont allow them to talk until after 7 unless the number is in our circle.
    Well this can modified a bit now. Do not call after 9 unless they are on friends and family or are in calling.
    06-12-09 08:56 AM
    Well this can modified a bit now. Do not call after 9 unless they are on friends and family or are in calling.
    thanks for the tip but, i'll keep the alltel plan as long as i can. it just sucks that i will have to pay retail for my phones (or ebay).
    06-12-09 09:02 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD