02-15-10 12:20 PM
37 12
tools
    Not gonna go to far into this but you are dealing with sales... do you always pay for everything when negotiating a contract?
    02-11-10 10:44 AM
    I have never been charged an activation fee by vzw. I have seen it as being required but do not think they do that with upgrades. I have been a customer since the GTE days when VZW took them over.
    02-11-10 10:53 AM
    my wifes employee discount got us free activation in addition to 20% off per month
    02-11-10 02:44 PM
    I heard it's free if you order online, but I bought mines from the store AND paid a $400 deposit just to be charged a $36.05 activation fee.

I don't think I've ever paid an activation fee.
    what do you mean by $400 deposit? What is the deposit for?
    02-11-10 03:56 PM
    the deposit is for those customers who don't have the best credit, have a very limited amount of credit or no credit, or those with maxed credit
    02-11-10 03:57 PM
    In all my years with Alltel I never paid an activation fee.

They always waived that and I guess it was their way of making you think you were getting something for nothing. But evidently Verizon doesn't see it that way.
    02-11-10 04:18 PM
    It because they like to nickel and dime everyone...did you not get the memo?
    Again with a negetive post from you.

I hope you cancelled your account and went somewhere else then. Go make yourself happy.
    ^^^^^

some people just don't like/get my dry humor.

i am perfectly fine with vzw, others just want to complain about it...get over yourself.
    It isnt humor, its you being a negetive person, getting called out and trying to say you were kidding so you dont look like a total *****. Take care.

Anywho..... As far as the activation fee goes, it costs money to activate lines of service therefore you will pay for it as well(most of the time) There are certain times when cell providers will have promos where they basically eat that fee as an incentive to get customers to set up service. You will get the deposit back in 12 months with a small amount of interest if you pay your bill on time each month and never go past due. Every time you go past due, that 12 months gets bumped back another month.
    02-11-10 05:07 PM
    some people just don't like/get my dry humor.

i am perfectly fine with vzw, others just want to complain about it...get over yourself.

Amb, just shrug it off. Silly ppl
    Last edited by RicanMedic78; 02-12-10 at 08:07 AM.
    02-12-10 07:52 AM
    Amb, just shrug it off. Silly ppl
    I already shrugged it off...some people like my "negativity" and others just don't get it.

I don't really care what anyone here thinks of me. If you like me cool and if you don't oh well. No skin of my ***.
    02-12-10 09:20 AM
    I already shrugged it off...some people like my "negativity" and others just don't get it.

I don't really care what anyone here thinks of me. If you like me cool and if you don't oh well. No skin of my ***.
    there you go! Now take off the "nobama mama" thing and we're good!
    02-12-10 10:01 AM
    there you go! Now take off the "nobama mama" thing and we're good!
    haha yea right...nobama mama stays!
    02-12-10 10:33 AM
    It's free on the verizon site for new orders placed Friday-Monday. Also believe activation is waved for customers who are upgrading.
    There is no fee to begin with when you are upgrading?
    02-15-10 12:20 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD