Hey All,

I had a issue with my Pearl, it was stuck in a reboot sync. Thanks to Crack berry & all the great Crackheads here!! I was able revive my BB. No thanks to Verizon whom I called and there answer was "will send you a new one out" So why doesn't Verizon know about saving a nuked BB??? How come they didn't recomend this Life Saving Proceedure C.P.R (Cell Phone Recovery)
    Is there a reason why they don't recomend this?

P.S. Thanks Again guys & Gals 4 all ur Help
    03-06-08 11:29 PM
    The reason they don't know, is, its easier and less risky for them to just send you one, and then send yours to RIM to be refurbished..

As easy as it is for you to come here and get all the help you need, imagine if they walked every single person through the procedure you had to do.

Its easier for them to just warranty it.

Also, I'm glad you got it working!!!!

What exactly did you do??
    03-06-08 11:33 PM
    Well evil kenevil,
    had to say it with Avatar....looks good..be carefull.
    I did exactly what the 101 lecture said. I just had diffuculties cause i never had the OS D/L to my Comp. So it was just as the pro's directed me to do. I'm still going to keep the new BB they send me and send the old one back my track ball is really bad on this one. Thanks again
    The reason they don't know, is, its easier and less risky for them to just send you one, and then send yours to RIM to be refurbished..

As easy as it is for you to come here and get all the help you need, imagine if they walked every single person through the procedure you had to do.

03-06-08 11:38 PM
    lol, thanks.

Well, you get a new phone out of this, and aren't without your precious BB for too long. as long as it took to reloads the OS, but hey, its a learning experience, and now, you can join the ranks helping with the OS reloads!!!

LOL,

Glad to hear you got it going, and glad to hear you're getting a new one as well!
    03-06-08 11:53 PM
    cjcarbone, where in nj are you from?
    03-07-08 06:44 AM
    Well duh Verizon is the weirdest company I have worked for they ask is to do the stupidest things and its very very repeatutive (spelling?)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 06:45 AM
    Hey All,

I had a issue with my Pearl, it was stuck in a reboot sync. Thanks to Crack berry & all the great Crackheads here!! I was able revive my BB. No thanks to Verizon whom I called and there answer was "will send you a new one out" So why doesn't Verizon know about saving a nuked BB??? How come they didn't recomend this Life Saving Proceedure C.P.R (Cell Phone Recovery)
    Is there a reason why they don't recomend this?

P.S. Thanks Again guys & Gals 4 all ur Help
    It is cheaper for them to let RIM take care of it. Plain economics.
    03-07-08 07:14 AM
    cjcarbone, where in nj are you from?
    I am from Riverdale, near Wayne
    03-07-08 09:05 AM
    I am from Riverdale, near Wayne
    oh not bad, im from hillsborough, near somerville and bridgewater.
    03-07-08 09:35 AM
    New Brunswick in the house!
    Well... Atlanta now, but Jersey born and raised.

Sorry for the off topic - but always have to say hello to Jerseites when I see them.
    03-07-08 05:44 PM
    thats quite the move!

job related? or didnt like it here anymore?
    03-07-08 07:39 PM
    where in nj are you from?
    Lived in Pway for like 10 years...

It was the exact same thing with my treo. When I would put the ringer switch back on the sound wouldn't work, so they just swapped it out. And I brought it into an LA store with no receipt, they just looked up my info cuz I bought it online...
    03-07-08 09:20 PM
    Love Jersey. Moved to ATL for work and a girl. I'm liking the weather and city down here, but, eh... Just can't describe what's missing.

Ediggity - pway piscataway? So did I. Across the street from Johnson Park. Small world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD