Why does sprint give a memory card with their bb not verizon

the tour is including a 2gb and the storm comes with a 8gb
    07-01-09 12:33 AM
    And the Tour may also end up with 8GB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-09 03:14 AM
    And the Tour may also end up with 8GB

do tell. was this rumored? that would be excellent! 2 would keep me going for a bit without needing to get a new one, but 8, i would be set for some time.
    07-01-09 07:44 AM
    do tell. was this rumored? that would be excellent! 2 would keep me going for a bit without needing to get a new one, but 8, i would be set for some time.
    It is rumored, with some precedent. The Storm was originally said to not have any media included. Then it was said it would have 2GB. When it came out, it had 8GB, to match the iPhone.

I would think it would be a bad marketing move to bring out the latest & greatest BlackBerry at a disadvantage to what is arguably the most maligned BlackBerry (Storm) in RIM's short history.

But I could be wrong.

07-01-09 10:01 AM
    either way, a 2 gig will get me on my feet more than a 0 gig would. i intend to put an 8 in it eventually, but i dont care to have music on my phone. that is why i have a zune.
    07-01-09 11:02 AM
    either way, a 2 gig will get me on my feet more than a 0 gig would. i intend to put an 8 in it eventually, but i dont care to have music on my phone. that is why i have a zune.
    There you go - only you know what your storage needs are.

Aside from the convenience of having a media card included with the phone, I might not care one way or the other. I think about the inflated prices carriers charge for accessories and whatnot - if an 8GB card increased the price of the phone $50, I'd just as soon buy my own.

Back to the OP, when Sprint does things that VZW doesn't do, it is because Sprint has to do it to attract/retain customers. They need to give all the incentives they can.

07-01-09 12:00 PM
    There you go - only you know what your storage needs are

Back to the OP, when Sprint does things that VZW doesn't do, it is because Sprint has to do it to attract/retain customers. They need to give all the incentives they can.

Twins,
    That has got to be one of the most ridiculous responses I have ever heard. Pull that Verizon hook out of your lip, and think before you speak. You already said the phones are coming with either 2 gig or 8 gig. In your venue that would make Verizon as cupable as Sprint.
    07-02-09 04:53 PM
    Twins,
    That has got to be one of the most ridiculous responses I have ever heard. Pull that Verizon hook out of your lip, and think before you speak. You already said the phones are coming with either 2 gig or 8 gig. In your venue that would make Verizon as cupable as Sprint.
    How does it do any of that?

To paraphrase what I wrote, in two different responses...

It is rumored, with some precedent. The Storm was originally said to not have any media included. Then it was said it would have 2GB. When it came out, it had 8GB, to match the iPhone.

I would think it would be a bad marketing move to bring out the latest & greatest BlackBerry at a disadvantage to what is arguably the most maligned BlackBerry (Storm) in RIM's short history.

But I could be wrong.
    In the above, I was trying to explain where rumors were coming from, in a way that might make sense. Then, separately, I said the following:

Here, I was stating reality. When a company is so far out of first place and bleeding customers & revenue, they have to try offering more than the big guys.

The first responses were to questions after the OP. The last one was directed toward the OP.

You need to pull the Gulf Coast shrimp out of your eyes & learn how to read instead of making some boneheaded, illogical & unsuccessful attempt to discredit me.

Of course, choosing Sprint & coming into the VZW (or AT&T) forums to call people out, may be indicative of a boneheaded & illogical thought process.

07-02-09 05:26 PM
    Da da da da da another one bites the dust....

07-02-09 07:55 PM
    Da da da da da another one bites the dust....

Sometimes I think a big reason for his existence is to feed on the ignorant.

07-02-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD