01-10-09 02:55 AM
54 123
tools
    Speaking only of my curve, its a solid hand set. I've put it through its paces, and it still comes out on top. Ill admit, instead of my berry I almost got a Q, but I didn't like the hand set or windows mobile. But what it comes down to is preference, what do you want and need? Some people are berry people, some people are Q, some are palm. In the wonderful world of technology, nothing will be 100% perfect for everyone.

Myself, I'm a Blackberry man. : )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree its based off your preference and i had a Q they are horrible. Thats why i have a blackberry
    01-05-09 10:02 AM
    Are you BIS or BES?
    I'm on BIS through Sprint.
    01-05-09 10:23 AM
    I have found no perfect device. But, I will not go to unlimited money either. Given the services I use (PDA, EMAIL & WEB) it does very weel. Generally very few issues save operator error. The biggest issue for me is Versizon at times. For example, V was doing something with the net-email connection this weekend. I had to register my hone 4 times is 10 hours. But, this type of this does not happen very often. It does what I need, save access exchange server via web mail and deal well with streaming audio.
    01-05-09 10:44 AM
    Bb just pulls it all together so well. My previous winmo phones were unable to do this - I still kept my ipod as it couldn't handle music, kept my dvd player as the idea of it handling movies was a joke. I wouldn't have dreamed of it replacing my sat nav. I wrote a few emails on it, but it was a chore - uncomfortable and clunky.
    The bold really does pull it all together, and has replaced all of those devices, where windows mobile utterly failed.
    The iphone... Yes, it might have worked, to an extent, but without a hardware keyboard, serious typing is out. I need to write emails, letters, documents. Real ones, not a few paragraphs, so the bb was the only real choice.
    Ask why a blackberry? Better to ask why anyone would get anything else...

01-05-09 11:40 AM
    Ok -- maybe you guys can teach me something...I can't get it to delete my mail from the server if I'm using my BB...As in, it comes into my BB, I read it, then delete it from the BB. I still have to go back to my desktop and delete my email when I get home, or go through the gmail app (when I'd rather it just sync from my BB email box).

If anyone can give me any tips or help, I'd be thrilled!

Thanks in advance!
    I don't want to steal DSWORD thunder so if he or anyone else doesn't answer by tomorrow, drop me a line and i'll walk you through the steps.
    01-05-09 09:54 PM
    Bb just pulls it all together so well. My previous winmo phones were unable to do this - I still kept my ipod as it couldn't handle music, kept my dvd player as the idea of it handling movies was a joke. I wouldn't have dreamed of it replacing my sat nav. I wrote a few emails on it, but it was a chore - uncomfortable and clunky.
    The bold really does pull it all together, and has replaced all of those devices, where windows mobile utterly failed.
    The iphone... Yes, it might have worked, to an extent, but without a hardware keyboard, serious typing is out. I need to write emails, letters, documents. Real ones, not a few paragraphs, so the bb was the only real choice.
    Ask why a blackberry? Better to ask why anyone would get anything else...

Agreed and very nicely done.
    01-05-09 09:58 PM
    Why does everyone think the blackberry is so great? Because it is!

I had this very question myself about 2 months ago, asked my friend to borrow his for a day or two, fell in love!
    01-05-09 10:05 PM
    It is simply awesome!
    01-06-09 10:19 AM
    Ok -- maybe you guys can teach me something...I can't get it to delete my mail from the server if I'm using my BB...As in, it comes into my BB, I read it, then delete it from the BB. I still have to go back to my desktop and delete my email when I get home, or go through the gmail app (when I'd rather it just sync from my BB email box).

Thanks in advance!
    I am thinking your email may be a pop3 or it is not set up so your BB wins. Hopefully someone who knows more on this can help.

01-06-09 10:34 AM
    Seems like this sums it up nicely I can relate with all of those devices

"A "so so PDA". I had a Palm Treo, then a Motorola Q before finally coming over to the BB. Palm's OS is tired and Windows Mobile sucks! VZW wireless sync is also an absolute joke. Combine that with the embarrassing battery life of most WM devices and you're really left with no other choice."
    01-06-09 10:37 AM

Thanks in advance!
    Please make sure that ALL of your setting are as specified in this link from Gmail. I had the same problem as you until I read and followed these instructions.

LINK

Good luck and let us know if it fixed your problem.
    01-06-09 10:39 AM
    Email. I get it quicker on my bb than on my desktop.
    01-06-09 10:41 AM
    Email. I get it quicker on my bb than on my desktop.
    same here it hits my phone before my gmail inbox
    01-06-09 11:00 AM
    Because BB are. By far, they have the best PUSH e-mail software out there. As far as a media player is concerned, I love mines, I'm trying to get rid of my iPod since I no longer use it. I can put movies and music all into one device. I have 8gb is it's already full. Just waiting on the 16gb card to arrive to my house and I will be able to add more movies. Much easier on a plane to have one device instead of 2 or 3.

RUM has proven themselves to make good quality smartphones. I know the Storm has it's issues but it is their first touchscreen and new technology of touch screen. Give it time, RIM will prove again, they can make good quality smartphones.
    01-06-09 11:11 AM
    I came from the land of PALM > Windoze Mobile to the BB. There is no comparison of the models. Palm was great, but they have gone AWOL in my opinion. I came back to WinMobile for a week and couldnt stand it. Slow, buggy device, tiny screen menus. Microsoft needs to get away from trying to make these devices tiny PC's unless the mouse comes with it. And the DAILY battery charge requirement.

So along comes the BB.......and like another user stated....IT JUST WORKS.

I like that.

chaz
    01-06-09 02:58 PM
    [QUOTE=stengen;1346273]Seems like this sums it up nicely I can relate with all of those devices

That's all I'm saying...

Let's go Bengals...awwww, too soon???
    01-06-09 02:59 PM
    At the risk of being "flamed,Blacklisted and reprimanded" I will say what no one else said. Going back to the first post on this thread, If you think so little of it why do you own it? Since you do own it and think so little of it why on earth would you come to a bb site "an addict site" and criticize it with not a single positive comment?

Sorry, one sorta positive comment "you're really left with no other choice."

Sorry people I couldn't help myself
    Last edited by Rob FDIinc; 01-06-09 at 03:19 PM.
    01-06-09 03:12 PM
    Is this a serious question?

A "so so PDA". I had a Palm Treo, then a Motorola Q before finally coming over to the BB. Palm's OS is tired and Windows Mobile sucks! VZW wireless sync is also an absolute joke. Combine that with the embarassing battery life of most WM devices and you're really left with no other choice. I have had a 7250, 8703e, and now an 8330. They were all better than Palm and the Q.

1. Most stable OS of any PDA/Smartphone I've ever had

2. Signal quality is better than the Palm Treo and heads and shoulders above the Moto Q's.

3. True push e-mail that is best in class. I agree with another poster here; my email messages hit my berry before they hit my inbox in Outlook.

4. Personally, I dislike the trackball. I thought the thumbwheel was better (i know I'm in the minority on this one).

5 . IT JUST WORKS, ALL THE TIME, EVERY TIME!

6. The original poster made a comment about the startup speed of the device. Here is the only area where Palm is a winner. However, the WM devices are painfully slow, both start up and shut down...

There is just no comparison, the berry rules!

I could not gave said it any better.!!!!!
    01-07-09 01:28 PM
    I love crackberries because they have so much to offer. web browsing, email, im, not to mention all the regular capabilities of a cellphone. its hard to tire of them. people who bash on the storm and claim the iphone to be king should go kill themselves.

the storm is far from perfect, but the iphone cant even cut and paste? whats with that? business users use that feature. the iphone doesnt even have a real keyboard, so you cant copy/paste stuff, and you have to type it all over again on the difficult keyboard. the storm has a better camera, better coverage for fast data, expandable memory(9gb included i believe)and the touch screen is better because it has a real responsive feeling to it.

i dont want verizon to get the iphone. period.
    01-07-09 01:48 PM
    people who bash on the storm and claim the iphone to be king should go kill themselves.
    Heh - I thought they were brain-dead already.
    (Oops - I didn't say that, did I?)

01-07-09 02:44 PM
    everything is organized with the blackberry, its simple and does the job well, and a lot of Professionals use it.
    01-07-09 03:17 PM
    I have an 8330 and it just a great phone does everything I need it to and more if u don't like it don't use it that simple

01-07-09 04:22 PM
    I've had the sidekick 3, sidekick lx, then went to AT&T for the iPhone, and then wanted to give the 8310 a try, never went back to another phone. I tried to use the iPhone, but after 2 days I went back to my 8310. Before I switched to Sprint, I made sure they had a Curve. I don't think I'll ever be without a Blackberry. Best device IMO!
    01-07-09 04:30 PM
    went from treo 700w to storm...no comparison....bb rules..all around better
    01-07-09 06:06 PM
    Well here are some of the main reasons:

1) The emails are so fast that I get them on my BlackBerry before it appears on my MS Outlook at work.

2) I have 5 different email accounts that I can access through one device and it works pretty flawlessly for me. I've had no issues with syncing either, when I delete it from my BlackBerry, it deletes it from the mail servers as well.

3) BBM - Able to meet and talk to other CrackBerry Addicts who can help you if you have issues on your BlackBerry plus it's also a great way to meet people from all over.

4) IM programs work flawlessly for me. I use Yahoo Messenger, Google Talk, MSN Messenger and BBM and I have them all opened 24/7 with no problems at all.

5) Web browsing on the Storm is amazing, I can see the website the way it's supposed to look.

6) MMS and SMS text work great.

7) Voice Notes - You can send quick voice notes to your contacts and it saves a phone call or needing to send a text message

8) Works as a clock or alarm clock with bedside mode

9) 3.2 megapixel camera with auto flash and focus

10) Video recorder built in.

11) GPS with google maps and BlackBerry maps

12) Music Player

13) Watch movies by adding it to the microsd card included.

14) Picture viewer

I'm sure I've missed some stuff but this is why I love my BlackBerry
    Well said! I have NEVER had one problem with my 8330. I have done upgrades without a hitch four times now. Maybe I'm lucky, but I concur, this phone is awesome!
    01-08-09 07:21 AM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD