03-04-09 06:05 PM
60 123
tools
    I just want to say, I work for VzW CS. It's nice to hear these stories. Also, if a rep does a good job -- please ask to speak w/ their Supervisors or Write in Via contact us (make sure you get their name and center). Customer Kudos (as we call them) get put into a yearly performance appraisal.

It is nice to hear good things about the company because generally calls are bad . No one calls to say "Hey thanks everythings working great."
    Good to know!! I'll keep that in mind.... Many of the vzw CS I've encountered were awesome and definitely deserved "kudos"
    03-02-09 05:37 PM
    No one calls to say "Hey thanks everythings working great."
    You're just not getting the calls. After all, we old guys call occasionally to do just that, but if I am supposedly being raped by VZW, I'd rather be in contact with one of the sweet female voices.

Maybe that's why I like VZW.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 05:38 PM
    It is true females tend to get less escalations in da biz.
    03-02-09 05:50 PM
    Good to know!! I'll keep that in mind.... Many of the vzw CS I've encountered were awesome and definitely deserved "kudos"
    Please do! It's usually used for when someone goes above and beyond for you (obviously in your opinion). We're trained to be great, but when we're even better. Let the sups know.
    03-02-09 05:51 PM
    Interesting, I find most people like to speak to males for tech support issues. Since we are all sounding sexist, I thought I would throw in my observation. With this in mind VZW has awesome female support people as well and this should never be an issue.
    Last edited by lastraid; 03-02-09 at 08:24 PM.
    03-02-09 06:17 PM
    Something else to remember - and this goes for anyone & everyone - give praise where praise is due.

All too often, we scream, complain, yell & threaten when something is wrong. I support this practice with a big caveat: that for every complaint you make in life, give a pat on the back ten times. If you've not given ten pats, you've not earned the right to complain.

When I say pats on the back, I mean something tangible & verifiable, not just a thank you.

I thought my T-Mobile rep was going to cry the other night. She did such a wonderful job - she was pleasant, used proper transition statements, didn't interrupt, offered to help and she also made a terrific attempt to save my business. At the end of the call, she asked me if there was anything else she could do for me. I told her I wanted to speak with her supervisor. The poor thing was clearly thrown by my request. "Sir, was there something I did wrong to upset you?" I told her I wanted to share that she did a great job. In my subsequent letter, I told the powers that be at T-Mobile that if they didn't value her abilities, I'd be willing to take her. With a pay increase.

She was that good.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-09 06:26 PM
    Please do! It's usually used for when someone goes above and beyond for you (obviously in your opinion). We're trained to be great, but when we're even better. Let the sups know.
    Well then I should let the sups know each time I call.
    VZW customer service is great; in fact I lamented with
    a rep maybe a tad older than myself in amazement at the amount
    of texts my son used; when I was trying to see if I could save money on my plan. We both had a good laugh........
    The cust service is good; a divirsified staff.
    I can always understand who I am talking to.
    The Storm
    The LgEnv Chaperphone
    Dad can have a more relaxed life because of it
    Rarely do I drop calls which may be software related.
    Opps corporate discounts; ummmm I may have to get that hub
    03-03-09 03:20 PM
    Great customer service is something you should expect every call. It's only when a CS rep goes above and beyond is when they should get Kudos (even though they won't turn you down if you ask).
    03-03-09 04:01 PM
    Great customer service is something you should expect every call. It's only when a CS rep goes above and beyond is when they should get Kudos (even though they won't turn you down if you ask).
    Yes, but in this day & age of outsourced CS and draconian call center practices, getting great service is becoming rarer & rarer.

The fact VZW does theirs in-house (and in America) and treats their people well (in America) is worth a premium to me.

I go to the store, find something cheap, turn it over & see "Made in China" or "Made in Indonesia" and it goes back on the shelf - I don't care how nice it looks or how good a price it is.

I have no issue with made in Canada, Japan, Great Britain, Australia, New Zealand, or even South Korea, but prefer "Made in America" or "Made in Canada" or "Made in Japan."

Although if King Hussein of America, coupled with Queen Nancy, Prince Harry or Princess Barney keep it up, we're liable to see a new American revolution and it may all be moot.
    03-03-09 08:42 PM
    I've been with VZW for 5 years now, my husband got me into it. When we got married 6 years ago, I had AT&T and I would have to get out of the house to get coverage. So he took me to a VZW store and got me a new cell phone. Eversince then I never had any problems with the service and signal. Although, I missed changing my phones every other day with AT&T, I will never go back to them unless provided to me by work. I've had a Blackberry Pearl with an old job before under T-Mobile and most of the time I had to use my VZW to make the phone call since I wasn't able to comprehend on the T-Mobile garbled network.

To sum it all up:

1) The best customer service ever !!!
    2) The best network in the US !!!
    3) The best network in Alaska, Taiwan, Aruba and Greece (they may have roaming partners but still, it's VZW) !!!
    4) The discount I get from being a student at University of Phoenix) !!!

If I was left on an island I know my VZW will be there to help me get out...
    03-04-09 06:05 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD