03-04-09 06:05 PM
60 123
tools
    The South will rise again.
    02-09-08 11:53 AM
    Because I was just at a mall that had a Verizon and ATT store across the hall from each other. The Verizon store was packed with about 20 customers and 9-10 employees (including techs). The ATT store was completely empty with two sales people fooling around with their personal phones behind the counter.

Kind of the same concept as a restaurant that has a packed parking lot and line out the door, it's gotta be good. And good in the cell phone world is reliable and that's what VZN is in my area.
    02-09-08 12:03 PM
    I love Verizon. I've always received outstanding service from them (I'm a Cingular refugee). Never had a dropped call or a dead zone (even in elevators & restrooms... don't ask lol). When I've done something terribly bone-headed, the service guys have always been patient and kind... might have laughed themselves silly after I hung up... but were nice when talking to me. I sort of wanted a Curve when I was Blackberry shopping but wouldn't leave Verizon to get it (I hear it's coming to Verizon soon though) but am totally enthralled with my 8830. Verizon rocks!!
    03-04-08 11:59 PM
    kofberry is a VZW agent trying to upright the VZW feature crippling bad name boat. Do not fall for his tactics. :P
    Ahahaha. Quoted for truth.

Well, I know two spots of highway where the call is guaranteed to drop.

Also, I get horrible reception in my house.

The upshot is when I have friends over, they got NO RECEPTION in my house. At least I can pull a bar or two across.

This guy who sits behind me is on T-Mobile with his crackberry. he can't even get a signal here at the office. I told him I was going to text him something the other day and he had to set his phone down by the window.

AHAHAHAHA.

But they do bleed me every month....hard.
    03-12-08 10:56 AM
    Not much that I can add that's not been said; in a nutshell (for primarily a biz user):

Reception/coverage
    Decent plans at a decent cost
    Knowledgeable staffing at most locations
    Friendly service (something that's rare today)
    Flexibility in plans (move up/move down)
    Upgrades

Other carriers can glean a few things by reading this thread...........no, forget that I said that. VZW is tops!

Fine print: I've been with others and they're now left behind............
    03-12-08 06:59 PM
    i've had VZW for 5 years now.
    20% discount on voice plan.
    20% discount on BB data plan.
    25% discount on accessories.
    annual upgrade on equipment.
    never ONCE dropped a call in 5 years.
    [and i live where the cows roam]
    03-12-08 07:39 PM
    I like Verizon because:
    *If I screw up and go over my texts, I just up the plan mid month with no questions asked.
    *My first Pearl spontaneously combusted (clearly a manufacturing defect) and none of the techs felt a need to argue, they had a new one shipped to me the very next morning.
    *No dropped calls (except for this one 1/8 mile stretch behind a mountain that I rarely take)
    *Discounts
    *I purchased my Pearl at retail price the day before the pink one was supposed to come out. I originally went in for the white one then saw a poster in the back. It took over an hour (but I never expect less in a cell phone store), but they were nice enough to sell me the pink one because I was so patient while all of the other A holes with cheap freebie phones went in and did nothing but ***** about how it didn't have this feature or that. . .you get what you pay for idiots. Cheap morons. They also gave me a free 6G micro SD memory card because I wasn't an *** to them.
    *none of the 5 or so inconsiderate idiots left with a shoe lodged in their anal sphincter. (Those techs have great self control. . .even after the battering that they took. . .and to think that I also work retail)
    *Their coverage is unsurpassed. . .even after being with all of the other carriers. I can always tell if the person on the other end has Verizon or not. . .If not, it generally takes about 3 attempts to have a 10 minute conversation.
    03-14-08 01:58 AM
    I'm with db :]
    03-15-08 02:41 AM
    I have had verizon in corona, ca and in south dakota. It works...most of the time. They do not have EVDO anywhere near me, and their BB service sucks in SD. So I paid to drop it and got on Alltel for our BB's we got a BB unlimited data plan $90 for the 1st one and $40 for the second one...plus you can tether them to ANY computer, so we don't pay for internet anymore. Nuff said

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-08 12:58 AM
    ...BUT if VZW had EVDO here in South Dakota, I would switch back as Alltel has a cruddy deal with the MMS messages...so I concede verizon is better where u live.

03-25-08 01:03 AM
    Although I do concede, when I lived in CA, verizon was the ultimate! I should know, as I used to build cell phone towers there and VZW built 3 towers to every one all the other providers 1.

03-25-08 01:08 AM
    VZW is the best though and if they had EVDO where I live, I would use them.

03-25-08 01:14 AM
    I like verizon Because they are accurate with my billing, the CS peoples are awesome... they actually volunteer their supervisors, The phones are a bit delayed compared to Gsm but doesn't matter... can't upgrade for 2 years anyway, it saves me money! plus* IT's the network!!! whats the point of anything else if i can't get reception? so ya I'm with vzw and here to stay crippled phones and all! I'm happy! will i ever switch? over my dead berry!
    03-26-08 10:05 PM
    oops forgot to mention the kick ssa (ya spelled like that purposely) discounts!
    03-26-08 10:07 PM
    Incredible the difference a year makes.

I guess uncertainty because of an accidental president brings the other carriers' fanboys out looking for rumbles.

02-28-09 03:47 AM
    Their customer service will bend over backwards and tie their legs into a knot to help you. The coverage isn't that great where I live but everything still works. They do charge A LOT but hey, 96.3% of the time its worth it. What am I going to do in school in canada for 4 years? LoL

02-28-09 09:05 AM
    They are the ONLY carrier that gets service where I live... and when I say only.. I mean VZW has full bars and everyone else has NOTHING..... that will soon change though as AT&T is putting in a tower....... That, however is why I started out with VZW..... I stay with them though, because of good reception almost everywhere, very few lost calls, and first rate customer service
    02-28-09 09:31 AM
    Incredible the difference a year makes.

I guess uncertainty because of an accidental president brings the other carriers' fanboys out looking for rumbles.

Good one!
    02-28-09 09:57 AM
    Coverage!!! Ima a single female who travels alone to mountainous regions and I need my phone to work when I'm out there all alone! Verizon does! period!
    02-28-09 10:19 AM
    Let me chime on this discussion -

I had Verizon when it was still known as Airtouch and they were in the infancy stage of cellular service in Los Angeles. Ive had Sprint, Nextel and AT&T for personal and business and without a doubt Verizon wins hands down. So much confidence in their abilities, I have recommended them to my co-workers. Many of us now have personal and business service with Verizon because of the reliability and the customer service provided.
    02-28-09 10:55 AM
    great reception
    20% corporate discount (yay!)
    friendly customer service reps (at least 99% of the time )
    02-28-09 11:02 AM
    Why do I like Verizone? One word... RECEPTION
    I agree!! Ive been with VZW for over 10 years.... Yes, the plans are higher than other providers... But hey when I was in the Army base, fellow soldiers told me there's no reception. but mine worked perfectly!! While others used payphone... I used my blackberry!
    02-28-09 11:03 AM
    As I've posted in another thread, where I live, it seems Verizon does provide the best coverage. I've been very satisfied.
    03-02-09 05:47 AM
    I just want to say, I work for VzW CS. It's nice to hear these stories. Also, if a rep does a good job -- please ask to speak w/ their Supervisors or Write in Via contact us (make sure you get their name and center). Customer Kudos (as we call them) get put into a yearly performance appraisal.

It is nice to hear good things about the company because generally calls are bad . No one calls to say "Hey thanks everythings working great."
    03-02-09 05:30 PM
    While VZW may be somewhat Victorian in their beliefs and business practices they have always been "pro-consumer" in how they have acted towards me. I have been a customer since they were Bell Atlantic Mobile and even when I had a Nextel phone (when it was all the rage) and an iPhone at one point I kept my VZW phone for its reliability of the network and the excellent customer service.
    03-02-09 05:31 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD