03-04-09 06:05 PM
60 123
tools
    I have to say that I see a good amount of people griping and moaning about how much they think verizon sucks. SHUT UP. I mean knowing all of this, GPS and bluetooth being crippled, also the limiting of MMS on the 8830. I still think its the best carrier out there. Look if you don't like it, leave.

But how about a thread where we list all of things we like about verizon.

Anyone up for the challenge?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 05:58 AM
    I have been with verizon since the days of NYNEX and NYTEL. I have always been happy with VZW. Recently, I got caught up in the iPhone thing and bought one. Of course, I had to open an AT&T account. I kept my verizon too. Yes, I had two phones under two carriers.
    Needless to say, the service from AT&T was sub-par compared to VZW. I travel for business and found that even in the cotton fields of Arkansas, VZW worked. Can't say that for AT&T. Even here in NY, I almost never miss a call or drop a call with VZW. Can't say that for AT&T. A month ago, I canceled AT&T, paid a fee too, sold the iPhone and am happy with it's replacement...my BB on VZW network.
    Further, I find their customer service people very helpful. For instance: I only use one year contracts. You pay more for the phone (usually $50 more) but you are entitled to a new device every 10 months! This is important to me. Also, I have requested and been granted early renewals the past three years (thanks to being a very long term customer). Meaning they moved my date up by 3 months! So I got new devices in seven months rather than 10. Having 2 teenagers who have a habit of breaking and losing phones sure makes this a handy thing. It allows me to have several quality phones as backups for the kids. Also, being the gadget freak that I am, I never have to wait long for the latest device.
    Oh yes, and the 19% discount (if you qualify) on the main phone is nice too. AT&T refused to honor it!!!
    my 2 cents
    Last edited by pmas; 02-05-08 at 06:25 AM.
    02-05-08 06:08 AM
    can browse the internet and get email even at the barn - excellent coverage.
    gave me a good deal on my pearl even tho i had already "upgraded" six months earlier.
    pretty good customer service.
    18% discount.
    unlimited data plan.
    free calls to people in vzw network - this rocks.
    02-05-08 06:42 AM
    ive been with verizon since they were airtouch. I havent any major problems with them and their customer service (at least to me) is top notch!

The only people I do have problems with are the service guys in the back. They seem to be bitter a lot, but then again that could be b/c of the people they have to deal with day in and day out. I wonder how many times they hear "yeahh, my phone doesnt work" which working in IT is similar to "yeahh my computer doesnt work" which tells you absolutley nothing.
    02-05-08 06:45 AM
    Verizon...all the way! I've had Verizon as long as I can remember. I had At&T before is was Cingular, At&T/Cingular, Sprint.
    Sprint always some how came up with new hidden charges, and in my area you could not pay your bill in person at some of the stores. Was told "We are not set up to take payments"! Huh?
    At&T, I got roaming charges in excess of $100 3 months in a row in Providence RI. Guess they didn't consider that a major city.

One of the nicest things I like about Verizon is the customer service.
    Also I have my Verizon account linked to my OnStar in my truck. It has it's own number, and I'm on the family share plan so it only cost me 9.99 a month to do this. Those of you who do have Onstar and are not aware of this check it out. Just hit the blue button and ask.

Also never have I had a dropped call. Or spotty service for that matter.
    02-05-08 07:09 AM
    1. 19% voice discount through my employer.

2. 12% feature discount through my employer.

3. 2MBps d/l speeds from my PC5750 shared to a Linux box and a Mac over wifi.

4. Amazing coverage.

5. EVDO BlackBerry.

6. Service in the tube (Metrorial).
    02-05-08 08:10 AM
    Coverage virtually everywhere.
    Friends/family all have it.
    20% plan discount and 25% accessory discount through work.
    02-05-08 12:15 PM
    Rock-solid coverage - I can have 5 bars and clear calls while my AT&T friends will fade in and out
    Little to no dropped calls

Otherwise, Verizon panders to naive teeny boppers - walk into the mall and you'll be in a sea of Chocolates, enVs, Venuii, Voyagers, Jukes, Gleams and U740s. I wished AT&T had a better network.
    02-05-08 01:59 PM
    I agree with Hollister. I like the fact that I get signal where others don't and that's about it. I wish they didnt disable features (especially the one I want, haha) and I wish they had the phone selection I wanted.

Unfortunately, the coverage outweighs the phone selection for now, and I'm left with the feeling that I have to settle and get locked in for 2 years with a phone I don't want.
    02-05-08 02:38 PM
    Best service and I love the EVDO blackberry. Even with all of the data connections, I NEVER miss a call....
    02-05-08 03:02 PM
    VZW has always gone out of their way to resolve issues, questions, and even a stupid customer error or two for me. Great coverage, solid network, and decent prices.

I don't think I will ever switch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-08 03:27 PM
    kofberry is a VZW agent trying to upright the VZW feature crippling bad name boat. Do not fall for his tactics. :P
    02-05-08 04:37 PM
    I'm from South Dakota. That's all I have to say.
    02-05-08 07:50 PM
    I have had or used every MAJOR carrier in the U.S...

I can get my calls with Verizon when I need them...

I almost NEVER drop a call..

I can't remember when I dropped one recently...(ok my battery died one day...but that counts as operator error in my book)...

There prices are high...but...

I could drive a hyundai...or I could drive a BMW...

It's a poor analogy of course...but you kind of get what you pay for...

In my opinion CDMA service is superior and their coverage cannot be beat (WHERE I LIVE !!!) where you live t-mobile might rock yer socks off.. (but I DON'T LIVE THERE !!!)

SO I pay a little more...and my calls go through... and when I have a question I call them and they answer it...

and my data speeds are decent on the pearl.. I did a very unscientific study at work recently... I had to look up three address and some other searches with the browser... I counted each time and the average return was under ten seconds..I can live with that for a mobile device..heck it takes me longer to make up my mind most days...

when i have ever had a problem with a device they have exchanged it (ok the one time I washed my phone in my pants they were a little snarky when the tech opened it and water poured out...)

what can I say...IT"S THE NETWORK...

-db

CAN YOU HERE ME NOW????

GOOD !!!
    02-05-08 07:59 PM
    Why do I like Verizone? One word... RECEPTION
    02-06-08 04:11 AM
    I like Verizon because they have the best reception, come in tied or 2nd with the best customer service, and they have the features and options that I want. Every phone that I've gotten in the past year has had Voice Activated GPS, something no other carrier besides (sprint) can say, and Sprint can't even keep their customers. ATT is getting more and more phones with the ability, but you have to have a separate bluetooth gps adapter for them to work. Also, my recent phones have mediaflo tv. Besides that, I just prefer their offerings. The little things, like offering insurance on every device that they sell.( ATT doesn't do that, no pda's or pc cards, and not on other expensive high end phones).
    02-06-08 05:31 PM
    I've had Verizon service for 6+ years now, and probably will never switch. They are expensive for a reason......They're the best! Calls never drop. The only time calls get dropped is when the goomer on the other end is using a garbage Nextel.

Remember, you get what you pay for.

I think the most underrated feature of Verizon is the EVDO support. It's great for getting online with your laptop. It's often faster than Wi-Fi, but not quite as fast as DSL.
    02-07-08 01:33 PM
    Can I say 20% employee discount on my service, 25% discount on accessories, very few dropped calls, $29.99 unlimited data plan and reception everywhere! With my employee discount and my new every two, I got my Pearl for $50. I am lovin' Verizon.

I was a Sprint customer for years and it's horrible how I could predict where my call would drop. I would always tell the person I was talking to that our call was going to get dropped when I got to a certain place on the interstate. That is trifling!
    02-07-08 02:17 PM
    Great coverage in our area (North Atlanta). The guys in my office with Sprint and Nextel have to stand by the windows to get a clear call.

People knock tech support all the time, but the 2 times I've called, they have been very knowledgeable and thorough in helping me resolve my issue.
    02-07-08 07:15 PM
    excellent reception and have never dropped a call. they have the best coverage in my area and the others around here don't. kinda the point of having one, no reception makes it an expensive piece of________(insert own word).
    02-07-08 07:31 PM
    kofberry is a VZW agent trying to upright the VZW feature crippling bad name boat. Do not fall for his tactics. :P

LOL I wish. Honestly i used to work at a VZ authorized agent. And I would tell customers that would complain the same thing. I would ask them why the like VZ and after they gave it thought they had nothing else to say.
    02-08-08 08:16 AM
    I switched from AT&T a few years back, w/ VZW I get better reception, better customer service, free in-network calls, overall a great service provider!
    02-08-08 08:59 AM
    I first started when VZW was Airtouch. Hated Airtouch and switched to Cingular, but their reception was awful, so we opted to switch to VZW after our Cingular contract was up. We've never looked back. And now that we have SO many of our friends and family "IN" network, for us to leave just wouldn't make sense.
    02-08-08 11:17 AM
    With resigning contract I got my Pearl for 50.00. One of the techs at my VZW store is a cellphone genius and I call him all the time, JC you rawk! I've had verizon for years and never any reception issues like I had with Nextel!!
    02-08-08 12:51 PM
    Because I still use my BB primarily as a PHONE. Verizon has best cell phone service where I live. Had Verizon about 10 years and was persuaded to switch to Sprint-terrible reception, changed back to Verizon after one year and have stayed with it 3 years since then. WIth Verizon I don't get GPS service becasue Verizon doesn't support it, but again, I use my BB primarily as a cell phone, the e-mail and address book are great but still secondary uses.
    02-08-08 08:45 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD