STINK....As I look at other carriers and their BB's, they have some pretty good BB's (like the Bold). Verizon has the Pearl, Storm (which sounds like people hate 10 to 1) and the Curve (too small).

Verizon is the biggest, you think they would offer some better BB's?
    05-18-09 12:04 AM
    Verizon is a CDMA carrier. CDMA world wide is a lot less popular than GSM technology. RIM can sell more BBs worldwide by releasing more GSM BlackBerries (Bold, 8900, etc).
    05-18-09 12:11 AM
    They're coming but niubeav is right.
    05-18-09 12:13 AM
    Right...they may be the biggest carrier in the US, but remember, RIM just doesn't sell phones in the US.....
    05-18-09 12:15 AM
    I just want to throw out there that I'm a Curve user and I LOVE it. It seems small when you hold it, but once you use it, you realize it's really the perfect size. Give it a chance. I think you'll be surprised.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 12:18 AM
    all i have to say is VZW is the #1 reseller of BB devices, not for their choice, but due to the network. if you want to choose a carrier based on the network, prepare to deal with headaches. i always suggest to people shopping to pick the network/customer service and then find a device you like within those parameters. otherwise you're gonna get burned. generally speaking.
    05-18-09 02:44 AM
    I honestly don't think people hate Storms 10 to 1. Well, maybe some of the more verbose people here................
    05-18-09 03:17 AM
    I have to agree with Patches on this one.......well said Patches
    05-18-09 03:46 AM
    I honestly don't think people hate Storms 10 to 1. Well, maybe some of the more verbose people here................
    Not even close to 10 to 1! Don't let a few crybabies in here cloud what's happening in the "real world"!
    05-18-09 03:51 AM
    9630 is around the corner keep a eye out it looks like a nice device!
    05-18-09 06:37 AM
    STINK....As I look at other carriers and their BB's, they have some pretty good BB's (like the Bold). Verizon has the Pearl, Storm (which sounds like people hate 10 to 1) and the Curve (too small).

Verizon is the biggest, you think they would offer some better BB's?
    I hear these comments all the time. Just what other features are you looking for that Verizon doesn't offer?

I get questions about the Bold all the time, and when I ask someone "What about the Bold do you like" they can't even answer, they just want to know when it's coming out.
    05-18-09 07:47 AM
    I stay with Verizon for the network. I agree that you need to have a quality network for the BB to run on or it does not matter what BB you own.
    05-18-09 08:41 AM
    all i have to say is VZW is the #1 reseller of BB devices, not for their choice, but due to the network. if you want to choose a carrier based on the network, prepare to deal with headaches. i always suggest to people shopping to pick the network/customer service and then find a device you like within those parameters. otherwise you're gonna get burned. generally speaking.
    Very well said. And with that, I'd like to ask a question... what is so deficient about the VZW BlackBerry offerings?

Let's see here... On AT&T, we see Curve, Pearl & Bold. On VZW, we see Curve, Pearl (flipper on way) & Storm. Sure, AT&T may have Curve2, but VZW has Niagara coming.

I don't see any dramatic variations between the competition that isn't solved by RIM product availability. Sure, some VZW customers want a Bold, but some AT&T customers want a Storm.

05-18-09 02:33 PM
    Very well said. And with that, I'd like to ask a question... what is so deficient about the VZW BlackBerry offerings?

Let's see here... On AT&T, we see Curve, Pearl & Bold. On VZW, we see Curve, Pearl (flipper on way) & Storm. Sure, AT&T may have Curve2, but VZW has Niagara coming.

I don't see any dramatic variations between the competition that isn't solved by RIM product availability. Sure, some VZW customers want a Bold, but some AT&T customers want a Storm.

its just an old GSM fanboi arguement. it isn't really that valid, hasn't been for about almost 2 years now. we'll see what they come up with next
    05-18-09 02:38 PM

this pretty much sums it up

exclusives are exclusive just for the reason of drawing customers...

but in the long hall it evens out device wise over time.. I think people just jump on hype way to often

I guarentee you when sprint launches the pre in a few weeks here that many many people from at&t and verizon or going to go jump on sprint even though the last year they have been telling everyone how much they love at&t and verizon

Do I think the pre is awesome YOU BET it looks incredible but I wont leave a carrier for a device anytime soon again.
    05-18-09 10:12 PM
    I'd be willing to bet less than 5% of all BB users, if that use these forums, and of the millions of storm owners, less than 10-20% are actually dissatisfied with them. Crackberry is full of what I consider to be the extreme or power users. Those who expect the most out of their device or at least are curious at the idea of it. There are 1-2 people every day who post about how they are fed up with their device, but even if that happens every day, that still is less than 500 unhappy users.

I think VZW has just as good a BB selection as most providers. As for RIM's latest devices, currently you can get a Storm if you're on VZW, a Bold if you're on ATT and a Curve 8900 or Pearl Flip on T-Mobile. No one provider in my opinion has it all. T-Mobile has two new devices, yet neither are 3G capable. With verizon getting the Tour/Niagara soon, I think they are the closest to 'having it all', sans Wi-Fi, which [in my opinion, im sure plenty will disagree] they make up for with the best coverage nationwide. There will always be some unhappy customer, but hey if every provider had the same phones then cell phone providers might have to do something ilke... lower their prices to compete .
    05-18-09 11:18 PM
    I'd be willing to bet less than 5% of all BB users, if that use these forums, and of the millions of storm owners, less than 10-20% are actually dissatisfied with them. Crackberry is full of what I consider to be the extreme or power users. Those who expect the most out of their device or at least are curious at the idea of it. There are 1-2 people every day who post about how they are fed up with their device, but even if that happens every day, that still is less than 500 unhappy users.

I think VZW has just as good a BB selection as most providers. As for RIM's latest devices, currently you can get a Storm if you're on VZW, a Bold if you're on ATT and a Curve 8900 or Pearl Flip on T-Mobile. No one provider in my opinion has it all. T-Mobile has two new devices, yet neither are 3G capable. With verizon getting the Tour/Niagara soon, I think they are the closest to 'having it all', sans Wi-Fi, which [in my opinion, im sure plenty will disagree] they make up for with the best coverage nationwide. There will always be some unhappy customer, but hey if every provider had the same phones then cell phone providers might have to do something ilke... lower their prices to compete .

I pretty much agree with this.

I also want to mention that no matter what carrier your on you will probably look at the other carrier and wonder why your carrier doesn't have that phone etc....

Many people on carriers do this..
    05-19-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD