08-11-09 08:24 AM
55 123
tools
    This sounds like one of those posts from a non steeler fan. They say oh yeah I hate them because Burger isn't a pro bowl qb and all this but guess what they are the best and they proved it. So just because VZW is the best someone wants to hate on it lol
    08-05-09 01:59 PM
    they all hatin on us bcuz we on the best network..they just wishin they had our coverage on ther iphone..
    08-05-09 02:07 PM
    The only thing that I don't like about Verizon Wireless is that required plan with Blackberries.

Yeah, I like the internet, Pandora/Slacker radio and all that good stuff, but a required $30 a month is lot on top of a phone bill. Blackberries are great phone by themselves; the keyboards and UIs are great, I just feel I shouldn't have to pay extra for features I don't think I need.
    08-05-09 02:15 PM
    Then don't get a Blackberry.

Blackberries are data devices first. Phones second.
    08-05-09 02:28 PM
    I don't believe people who say that they want Blackberries for the keypad. I love my Blackberry, but I'd take a Voyager keypad over this any day. There are a bunch of great QWERTY phones out there that would do the job just as well if not better, if all you want is messaging.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I agree there. A ton of QWERTY phones to choose from and the latest crop of BBs have hard to use bars of keys. Even Curves have cramped keyboards compared to the env lineup.

08-05-09 09:02 PM
    I don't believe people who say that they want Blackberries for the keypad. I love my Blackberry, but I'd take a Voyager keypad over this any day.

I can't type as fast on my wife's Voyager keypad as my 8330 keypad. I don't like the feel of the longer phones and would hate to use a Voyager or something else like the Alias that I had to use for a couple months. If I did not care about email, I still would want a BB just for the calendar function on it. I hate the calendars in the dumb-phones.
    08-06-09 06:53 AM
    AT&T is the one that sucks, not Verizon

Though, I still wish Alltel was Alltel, I will get no benefits from the merger, becaus Alltel kicked everyone's *** here in Arkansas (same place as their HQ)

08-06-09 08:17 AM
    I hate VZW because they won't give me the Storm 2 yet!! I know they're out there, I've seen a video of them on Crackberry!!

All joking aside, I get what I pay for. I pay $100/month for 900 minutes, data, and insurance. That's including 22% off voice, 20% off data. The plans are EXPENSIVE. However, that's better than when my g/f was at my apartment and had C.R.A.P. service here with AT&T, or my roommate having to call in last month to have 2 ringers she never downloaded (she freaks out if you look at the browser for fear of data) needing to be removed.

My only gripe? That I'm not a VIP. It took me a week to finally be told why I wasn't - whether it was calling 4 times or going to 3 different stores. Finally, I was told to pay on time, every time - I'd been a few days late a couple times, but not 60 days - for the next 6 months, and a lady would add it to my account. Which is nice, because I want my NE2 early. I'd rather get the Storm 2 with NE2 eligibility rather than straight-up, which I've been eligible for the upgrade pricing since May (which Verizon tells me every 2 - 3 weeks via mailers and e-mail...)

Sorry for that long post. As I"ve said, I really like the service. I do get a couple dropped calls/month, but I'm blaming myself with a casing swap I did - I kinda bent the antenna, and I think I sorta ripped it a little.
    08-06-09 10:53 AM
    This entire thread has tickled me totally.

I tried to think of a reason Verizon sucks... but I cant think of one...
    I'm not biased mind you... but I've actually used other networks in my area and verizon has made me the most happy. Sides customer service is FAR superior to the other carriers.. *wink*
    08-06-09 02:41 PM
    This entire thread has tickled me totally.

I tried to think of a reason Verizon sucks... but I cant think of one...
    I'm not biased mind you... but I've actually used other networks in my area and verizon has made me the most happy. Sides customer service is FAR superior to the other carriers.. *wink*
    And their tech support is top notch! *wink* *wink*
    08-06-09 02:51 PM
    Middle of the road, actually.

08-06-09 04:02 PM
    My issues with them stem from this merger. To start we are treated like second rate customers, second their response to everything is to switch equip and plans to cure the crap service we have acquired since july 10th. I was finally offered an option to upgrade with discounts to purchase equip but can only redeem discounts in the store where the phone prices are the highest! I was going to spend $400 on new phones for us, but might end up spending it to break contracts. I have called 5 times and gotten 5 different answers this week. Ok, I'm done venting for now!

08-06-09 04:33 PM
    I don't believe people who say that they want Blackberries for the keypad. I love my Blackberry, but I'd take a Voyager keypad over this any day. There are a bunch of great QWERTY phones out there that would do the job just as well if not better, if all you want is messaging.

Not just for messaging, but the OS on Blackberries is nice and clean, there are many programs that can be downloaded from your PC to your phone, etc. The internet's great and all, but I just wish that it were cheaper.
    08-06-09 08:36 PM
    Then don't get a Blackberry.

Blackberries are data devices first. Phones second.
    I don't buy this. If I came upon a BB that acted as a crappy phone, I wouldn't buy it no matter how good the data services were.
    08-06-09 08:37 PM
    Nice and clean OS? On a dumbphone, a battery reset is done in a matter of seconds, rather than minutes, the menu is simple enough for a 90 year old to use, and troubleshooting is pretty simple.

I agree. If you want a nice and clean OS, you get an iPhone. The slowest bootup and the worst resource management in smartphones is now BB. Everyone else has passed them up, including half of the advanced phones out there.

08-07-09 03:51 PM
    I love VZW! ViVA LA VZW REVOLUTION!

08-08-09 07:55 AM
    I dropped my VZW plan before I went to college.

For me (and I live in a small town) I got good coverage wtih tmo and vzw just wasn't worth the extra cost.

With tmo, there are no data caps, which is great. I think cust service is much better as well.

08-08-09 08:18 AM
    The only thing that I don't like about Verizon Wireless is that required plan with Blackberries.

Yeah, I like the internet, Pandora/Slacker radio and all that good stuff, but a required $30 a month is lot on top of a phone bill. Blackberries are great phone by themselves; the keyboards and UIs are great, I just feel I shouldn't have to pay extra for features I don't think I need.
    ok wow you have a Blackberry and don't think you need the data plan? If you don't want the data plan get a "dumb phone" and a PDA and tada no need for the data plan!
    08-08-09 09:06 AM
    And their tech support is top notch! *wink* *wink*
    yeah! TOP notch...
    Its great when you can be your own tech support agent... but it can be scary when you start arguing with yourself on whether you deserve a tour or not... LMAO...
    08-08-09 10:16 AM
    Ive had ATT, TMOBILE , SPRINT,NEXTEL,CRICKET AND AMPD MOBILE, in the Houston area and VERIZON and hands down VERIZON in #1 its more expensive buts its worth every cent especially after hurricane Ike never lost a beat!
    08-10-09 05:07 PM
    Why do u think people say that Verizon sucks
    I dunno but I sure hope they don't take on any of Alltel's latent problems during this merger. Before I even thought about a Verizon/Alltel merger, I knew from my past experiences with Alltel that they were going to bite the dust.

Alltel's customer service----->*<-----Alltel's anitquated network

Hopefully VZW can sort out this carnage.

I'm not a VZW fan by any means but someone has to balance the scales of the U.S. CDMA market or many of us will be stuck with local providers with very limited tech support, very limited coverage and very old technology.
    08-10-09 06:02 PM
    i dont think Verizon sucks, i think they are awsome! but i just feel like im paying so much! i pay $175 a month just for one phone to be totally UNLIMITED! thats a lot of money im forking out tell me how to get them to lower it and i will absolutly love them, maybe even get a 2 yr contract with them this time!
    08-10-09 06:19 PM
    Friends & Family and you can lower your bill.
    08-10-09 07:50 PM
    I like being able to send and receive email and accesss the internet on my laptop in the middle of Lake Powell while the rest of my friends hold their phones in the air to try to get their text messages to go through :=)
    08-10-09 08:30 PM
    I don't think Verizon sucks.

I had BellSouth Mobility for my very first cell phone. Not great coverage, but it served its purpose, which was to have a phone in case of an emergency when my job moved me to a location 25 miles from home, instead of the 5 miles I had previously driven.

Next I went to SunCom, who later became TMobile. Decent coverage, but when it was time to renew, I couldn't keep my previous plan, which included roaming. By this time, my commute had changed to about 13 miles, and I roamed for 1/2 of it. So I started shopping.

Then I went to Cingular, who had previous been BellSouth Mobility, and is now AT&T. Dropped calls, spotty coverage, as my commute was still the 13 mile route, out into the country to go home.

Then my mom discovered Verizon. And she had a cool (at the time) LG phone, that I just HAD to have. So I went to Verizon. This was 7 years ago. And I've renewed my contract every time I've been able to. I don't drop calls, perfect signal out in the country (same places where AT&T wouldn't work), and even works at my mom's house, WAAAAAY out in the boonies. I get perfect signal at work, and my coworker (iPhone guy) gets ZERO, sitting right beside me.

I love Verizon. I haven't ever had any technical problems, no jacked up bills (except when I talked too much), no bad customer service experiences, no NOTHING!

I don't know how Verizon's prices compare to anyone else's. I have read on these forums that Verizon is the most expensive of them all. BUT for me, it's also the one that works the best of them all.

I think it's just like any other company. Some people love them, and some people hate them. It all depends on each person's own personal experiences.
    08-10-09 08:45 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD