10-04-08 11:08 PM
47 12
tools
    I just don't understand rudeness. The battery door on my pink curve lost one of it's latches on the top. I called customer service and was informed that they don't sell replacement parts and I needed to go to a store. I wanted to avoid that at all costs since the guys there (at my local store) are just plain jerks. I looked all over the internet to see if I could get a pink one, but couldn't find it. I wound up buying a silver one just so nothing would happen to the battery once the whole thing broke.

So today, I broke down and decided to go to the store and get the door replaced. When I walked in, the guy at the door asked what I was there for today and I showed him the broken latch. He gave me a strange look at that point. Almost like a "so what do you want me to do about it" look. I told him what Verizon Wireless customer service had told me to do and he said he'd have to look around to see if there was a return that he could swap the door out with. He took his sweet time but actually came back with a pink door! Then, get this, he wanted to see me put it on my phone to see if it would work! Are you kidding me? What did he think I was going to do with it? Sell it on eBay?

I just don't understand the mentality of these stores lately. Why do I constantly feel like I'm bothering someone when all I want is them to do their job and help me? I am after all, the customer!

Sorry about the rant, but I just had to get this out. Thanks for listening.
    09-24-08 12:21 PM
    I can understand your feelings, but sometimes the people who were for the company are not the greatest representation. In the past, I've had no problems telling a supervisor or manager that I didn't appreciate the service that was provided to me. They want to know how they are doing, so I will tell them. I also tell supervisors when someone has done a great job (especially if they have gone out of their way to provide great service). That will straighten them up! LOL
    09-24-08 12:58 PM
    yeah i get where your coming from but a lot of the service reps dont make any of the rules they are just told what to do from higher up. As far as buying a new one try Cellular Accessories - SonyEricsson, BlackBerry, HTC, 3G, Dopod/O2, Acer, Nokia, Tools, Samsung, Alcate
    09-24-08 01:02 PM
    Why do I constantly feel like I'm bothering someone when all I want is them to do their job and help me?
    Sorry about the rant, but I just had to get this out. Thanks for listening.
    Lol. So, did you get the "uh-oh, another one" look w/ attitude from a cutomer rep? Been there. IMO, not all reps are that way. Unfortunately, the look (combined w/ attitude) can be convincing to some customers. It could have been a long day for the CR. However, as a consumer/ customer, you should expect good (at least adequate) customer service- hopefully, without attitude. So, vent it out of your system.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 09-24-08 at 01:49 PM.
    09-24-08 01:43 PM
    I believe that you need to watch "The Secret". What you think about usually happens. If you say that you're bad at remembering names. Guess what? You're bad at remembering names. Just a thought.
    09-24-08 01:48 PM
    I believe that you need to watch "The Secret". What you think about usually happens. If you say that you're bad at remembering names. Guess what? You're bad at remembering names. Just a thought.
    I don't agree. I don't think that expecting to be treated with respect is unreasonable. No one wants to be treated rudely. Treat people the way you would like to be treated. It's a great way to live your life.
    09-24-08 03:33 PM
    At least you got one .. when I tried to get a replacement door for my Curve they told me essentially "no way no how" - didn't even look or offer me suggestions. Thank God for the Crackberry store
    09-24-08 03:49 PM
    wait so they exchanged your broken door, made sure it fit, and did it for free?

Thats sounds just awful...just awful...

*edit* i can't spell today for some reason
    Last edited by djbrianfalls; 09-24-08 at 04:31 PM.
    09-24-08 04:23 PM
    I think this thread pretty much backs up everything I've been saying about Verizon's attitude problems and the id1ots that work in their stores. Argue all you want, the proof is in these stories.
    09-24-08 05:08 PM
    Sounds like to me he went well out of his way. If you walk in and the person serves you like royalty, well guess what...everyone one else has to wait around and not get ANY attention. If the guy went into the back and got you a door off a broken unit for free, awesome. Maybe while he was back there taking his sweet time he was also helping out doing other things. You know, multitasking. The fact that he wanted to make sure it worked is even better. I guess he could have handed it to you, not said a word, and walked away. How rude!!! He took the time to make sure it worked so he could get another one if it didn't.

I am not flaming the OP here, but I used to be the CS manager at Target and let me say, people in general are RUDE. Stores have rules and most post those in plain site. I used to get so many people that would get mad because I wouldn't accept their return. In there eyes I was a rude ****. There were rules to follow, the return policy being clearly stated all over the place. Yet I was the rude one because I wouldn't cater to one persons needs.

Maybe the guy was rude, but in my eyes he went really far out of his way to help you. I'm sure the "official" response was probably "Nothing we can do for you. Buy a new one"
    09-24-08 05:28 PM
    Some people tend to be rude when dealing with people in the service industry. They feel they got servants sometimes.
    Anyway some CSR also behave badly.

Always two sides to a coin/story.

Glad tht you got your door replacement.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 05:35 PM
    It would never even cross my mind to go to a STORE for replacement parts for my Berry......not for nothing, but I'd think that they sell the "cutesy" things--covers, et al, but for any of the "real" stuff you need you always go to the net......when I didn't like the sound quality on my pearl, I went to the net and looked for a replacement battery cover.....saved myself a LOT of angst.

That said, if I DID go to a store and get bad service, I'd make sure to not only tell the manager, but to write a letter to the "Powers that be" to let them know I was not happy with that store......
    09-24-08 05:37 PM
    I think some are missing the point of the thread. Yes, the store rep replaced the door, whether he had to or not. But the customer service, the manner in which the store's employee(s) treated and interacted with the OP, was bad. He should have smiled and asked "how can I help you?" or "let me see what I can do." It's his his job, isn't it?

I'm getting tired of poor customer service wherever I go. It's becoming an epidemic.
    09-24-08 05:55 PM
    You don't understand rudeness. Well there are so many reasons why people's behavior manifest in different ways.

I have noticed a steady decline in customer service all-over-the-world. You should take a visit to some European countries. Their culture is so much different that their normal behavior would offend someone to the point of anger. I am in no way endorsing bad customer service but having 'served' in the retail industry I got to see both sides of the coin. Some places are so understaffed due to cut-backs putting pressure on the remaining staff to still make the bottom line and upholding concorde customer service-it will eventually take a toll on the staff. You might say that is not my problem and you would be right. But sometimes this is the world we live in. Bosses wanting same results with staff having less to work with.

Now I am going to say something that might rattle a few cages but I say this out of years of experiencing this. I noticed that you live in New York. New York has had a reputation for folks being rude and insensitive just because. Some New Yorkers feel that it is ok to behave the way they do and that is a shame. When you get treated and handled correctly especially in Manhattan...it is like a refreshing breeze. I have learned to become numb to people's behavior when visiting New York so that I don't get offended when I am 'roughed up' I am not expecting good service so if it comes I thoroughly enjoy the retail experience.

Well let's hope you get good treatment from now on.

Best,

Otto
    Last edited by Ottojr; 09-24-08 at 06:01 PM.
    09-24-08 05:58 PM
    I don't even go into our local Verizon stores for that very reason...I get tired of some of the jerks that work in them that act as if they are doing you some kind of favor instead of just doing they're stinkin jobs.
    09-24-08 06:39 PM
    Cool another BASH VZW.

Better call 911 I think we need another WAAAAAAAAAAAAMbulance here.
    09-24-08 06:44 PM
    I am sorry that happened to you. Being rude is never a good thing.
    09-24-08 06:51 PM
    I have to say that for as many issues as I've been having with vzw, nine out of ten reps I deal with are always super courteous - even when I myself am not. It is unfair to label an entire carrier and its respective employees based on one experience.

09-24-08 06:54 PM
    I have to say that for as many issues as I've been having with vzw, nine out of ten reps I deal with are always super courteous - even when I myself am not. It is unfair to label an entire carrier and its respective employees based on one experience.

Yeah, and you were probably giving them **** after what happened to you. The fact they were still nice speaks volumes for those particular reps at VZW.
    09-24-08 07:13 PM
    Cool another BASH VZW.

Better call 911 I think we need another WAAAAAAAAAAAAMbulance here.
    OMG that was AWSOME!!!!

I work in a VZW store and I dont care if my grandma died I will never treat a customer poorly and If they dont walk away happy I feal like SH!T all day.

in 10 min I will still be ROTFLMAO
    09-24-08 07:13 PM
    Yeah, and you were probably giving them **** after what happened to you. The fact they were still nice speaks volumes for those particular reps at VZW.
    I'm sure you've seen me get a bit salty even here at CB - imagine how I could have been with a vzw rep through all that ish. and yet, for the most part, they remained polite.

Reps are people, too - remember!

09-24-08 07:26 PM
    I'm sure you've seen me get a bit salty even here at CB - imagine how I could have been with a vzw rep through all that ish. and yet, for the most part, they remained polite.

Reps are people, too - remember!

Ha ha ha. I have always loved that saying. And, I agree, they are people too, and hence, from time to time, reps suffer from bad days just like everyone else and take it out on their customers. It happens.
    09-24-08 07:30 PM
    OMG that was AWSOME!!!!

I work in a VZW store and I dont care if my grandma died I will never treat a customer poorly and If they dont walk away happy I feal like SH!T all day.

in 10 min I will still be ROTFLMAO
    I agree, I do not work in a store, but if I cannot solve a persons concern, I take it personally.

I had a customer call in today been with VZW for about 6 weeks. He dmaged his modem and did not have insurance. I gave him the following options.

1. 1 year pricing to replace it $99.99.

2. Since he did not have insurance I offerd to replace it with certified like new device for $50. The samething he would have gotten from the Insurance company, had he had the insurance.

So, you what the customer did cause I would not give him a new one? He cancelled his service and paid $165 ETF.

Do you find this unreasonable on VZW's part? He broke the device which is not covered under the MFG. Warr. I even told him, you buy a car. You go and run it into wall 6 weeks later. Would you expect the dealer to replace your car with a new one for free? He would not even get the kind of offer we presented. No Insurance he would pay out of pocket for a new one or pay for the repair.

Just a turn around story of some of the customers we get calls from. Now keep in mind this is a very small percentage. I value all cusfomers and will treat you the same way I expect to be treated. Even when you vent, yell, scream, and cuss at me. Now if you cuss at I will tell you take a deep breath and that we will resolve your concern or at least give you fair options.

Thank you for letting me vent
    Last edited by lastraid; 09-24-08 at 07:49 PM.
    09-24-08 07:32 PM
    Because they are illiterate lazy monkeys raised by lazy ill mannered parents!! Sorry, I am just in a bad albeit accurate mood.
    09-24-08 07:37 PM
    I agree, I do not work in a store, but if I cannot solve a perosn concern, I take it personally.
    HA HA HA We need to trade our PIN and swap stories
    Last edited by amusick; 09-24-08 at 07:49 PM.
    09-24-08 07:46 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD