07-30-09 08:27 AM
45 12
tools
    A lot of people complain about blackberries. My question is who is to blame? I always say well RIM makes the phone, and customers say well why do you sell it. So is VZW in the wrong for promoting and selling a poor phone or is RIM responsible for producing the phone in the first place?
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-27-09 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Drank a monster and it just hit my bloodstream... vx lol
    07-27-09 03:58 PM
    They're both responsible.
    07-27-09 04:12 PM
    They're both responsible.
    Alright well I guess thats that!
    07-27-09 04:18 PM
    Depends on what the issue is bad hardware or problems with Official OS then both parties can be held responsible. However if someone is one of those people who complain about buggy beta's then that person is the problem.
    07-27-09 04:24 PM
    Depending ON the issue...

Could be Verizon could be RIM...
    07-27-09 04:25 PM
    I lean on RIM they released like BBM 5.0 and VZW didnt and it caused hella issues?
    07-27-09 04:27 PM
    Most of the BB problems are 100% Rim issues. They make the phone. They pioneered the concept of a push type messaging device. If verizon or sprint or att declined to carry it, they would lose customers. Customers aren't always the brightest lot oe the most reasonable, which might explain some of the reason BBs are popular right now. You can look at it from another angle: to me, Budweiser is crap beer. Coors is crap beer. Miller is crap beer. Does this mean Kroger is responsible for that crap beer just because they sell it? No, because if they didn't sell it, some people who happen to like those crap beers would head to Safeway instead. While at Safeway they would also buy milk, eggs, bread, soda pop and more. If a carrier did not carry a line as popular as BB, they would lose customers. All of those people who wanted a BB for themselves, an env for each of the kids and a Dare for the wife would head to another carrier and all those addl lines would be gone too. Look at all the people who suffer with att because of the iphone and think of those who would suffer with att, sprint or tmobile if verizon didn't carry BB.

Pretty much BB can put out nothing but crap as they have been lately. If a carrier refuses to carry it the carrier is screwed.

I lean on RIM they released like BBM 5.0 and VZW didnt and it caused hella issues?
    Rim has not released BBM5.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-09 04:38 PM
    Who is complaining about blackberrys? Upping your post count again huh?
    07-27-09 04:45 PM
    LMAO... DD is soooo right...
    IPhone.. Pppppppppht anyhow.
    I love my curve the last of the great working blackberries!!!

07-27-09 05:47 PM
    LMAO... DD is soooo right...
    IPhone.. Pppppppppht anyhow.
    I love my curve the last of the great working blackberries!!!

07-27-09 05:58 PM
    I too believe they are both at fault. If there is a product that doesnt work VZW shouldnt sell it. There should be better pre-launch testing.
    07-27-09 06:04 PM
    And what BlackBerry doesn't work? Oh yeah that's right.. They all work. Doh.
    07-27-09 08:03 PM

Rim has not released BBM5.

Who pushed it to VZW customers then?
    07-28-09 12:05 AM
    The files were leaked and not from RIM..

The word is RIM isn't happy about it and is making moves to tighten up the leaks

07-28-09 12:10 AM
    The internet offered up the files. Verizon customers pulled it into their BBs. It was "pushed" about as much as Sprint pushed incentives for their own customers
    to bolt for verizon.

If you think it was pushed, by either rim or verizon, I want to know what stupid weed you've been smoking.

For those who think that statement was harsh, know this guy wanders these pages and threads claiming to work for verizon. Anyone who works for any carrier knows BBM5 has not been pushed to anyone.

Who is complaining about blackberrys? Upping your post count again huh?
    I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am beginning to see your point, smachart.

07-28-09 01:47 AM
    A lot of people complain about blackberries. My question is who is to blame? I always say well RIM makes the phone, and customers say well why do you sell it. So is VZW in the wrong for promoting and selling a poor phone or is RIM responsible for producing the phone in the first place?
    There are plenty of people out there who love both their Blackberries and their Verizon service. Most of the people on here who are complaining are techie-types who expect a lot out of their phone and that's asking a lot for Blackberry capabilities.

However, for the mass audience to whom Blackberries are targeted, people are happy. Otherwise they wouldn't still be the best selling smartphone in the US.
    07-28-09 07:55 AM
    The internet offered up the files. Verizon customers pulled it into their BBs. It was "pushed" about as much as Sprint pushed incentives for their own customers
    to bolt for verizon.

If you think it was pushed, by either rim or verizon, I want to know what stupid weed you've been smoking.

For those who think that statement was harsh, know this guy wanders these pages and threads claiming to work for verizon. Anyone who works for any carrier knows BBM5 has not been pushed to anyone.

I really try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but I am beginning to see your point, smachart.

Funny that I thought that because people call into me all day saying it was pushed to their bb's. I can usually tell when someone is bb smart and it didn't sound like any of these people had the knowhow to pull anything to their phone. The Poster above you simply said that RIM didn't push it, it was a leak. You could have left it at that and not come one here saying I do drugs...
    07-28-09 08:34 AM
    Funny that I thought that because people call into me all day saying it was pushed to their bb's. I can usually tell when someone is bb smart and it didn't sound like any of these people had the knowhow to pull anything to their phone. The Poster above you simply said that RIM didn't push it, it was a leak. You could have left it at that and not come one here saying I do drugs...
    The problem is that you have contradicted yourself so many times in different threads that many people are starting to think you are on drugs or that you need to be on drugs. Either way you really bring it on yourself.

Edit: I didn't even answer the question. They are both at fault but you don't buy the phone from RIM which is why many consumers perception is that it is Verizon's fault and in retail perception is reality for most consumers.
    Last edited by Seraph08; 07-28-09 at 08:51 AM.
    07-28-09 08:48 AM
    I agree with the OP, we're discussing phones here. Really, I do not believe there is not a need for name calling.

As for the original question and the topic at hand, I believe it is neither parties, but it is us the consumer. The consumer does not have to buy a Blackberry smartphone or be enamored with a slowly evolving line up of Blackberry phones. A post a while back from Civic discussed everyone calling Verizon to push for WiFi on future phones. Apparently in the past when phones were released without GPS, consumers were unhappy and the complaints ultimately helped push for Blackberries with GPS. While correlation does not mean causation, if we as a consumer base were more picky and pushed for greater technology, then someone, hopefully RIM, would develop it. I believe before we start pointing fingers we should accept some of this responsibility.

If phones are being crippled, then it is Verizon limiting what the manufacturer is allowed to offer, and that would be Verizon's fault.
    Last edited by Riders On The Storm; 07-28-09 at 08:59 AM.
    07-28-09 08:57 AM
    I agree with the OP, we're discussing phones here. Really, I do not believe there is not a need for name calling.

As for the original question and the topic at hand, I believe it is neither parties, but it is us the consumer. The consumer does not have to buy a Blackberry smartphone or be enamored with a slowly evolving line up of Blackberry phones. A post a while back from Civic discussed everyone calling Verizon to push for WiFi on future phones. Apparently in the past when phones were released without GPS, consumers were unhappy and the complaints ultimately helped push for Blackberries with GPS. While correlation does not mean causation, if we as a consumer base were more picky and pushed for greater technology, then someone, hopefully RIM, would develop it. I believe before we start pointing fingers we should accept some of this responsibility.

If phones are being crippled, then it is Verizon limiting what the manufacturer is allowed to offer, and that would be Verizon's fault.

Thanks for the support
    And what do you tell someone who says you sold me this phone you represent VZW... and verizon represents these phones... Its rough sh*t being caught off guard by someone who hates their storm. Untill the 94th call of the same thing.
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-28-09 at 09:06 AM. Reason: tired
    07-28-09 09:06 AM
    And what do you tell someone who says you sold me this phone you represent VZW... and verizon represents these phones... Its rough sh*t being caught off guard by someone who hates their storm. Untill the 94th call of the same thing.
    I know people like to complain especially when things are not so back, but unfortunately that is what you are encountering. If someone is upset about the Storm, then I believe it is RIM's fault because they released this phone. Their management set the deadlines and possibly the should have been more realistic about producing radically new phone. However, we still had a 30 day trial period! I do not understand in 30 days how you could not have decided the phone might not have been for you...again it is so much easier to avoid responsibility.
    07-28-09 09:25 AM
    I know people like to complain especially when things are not so back, but unfortunately that is what you are encountering. If someone is upset about the Storm, then I believe it is RIM's fault because they released this phone. Their management set the deadlines and possibly the should have been more realistic about producing radically new phone. However, we still had a 30 day trial period! I do not understand in 30 days how you could not have decided the phone might not have been for you...again it is so much easier to avoid responsibility.
    Exactly! And they don't understand that THEY were the ones so fascinated with it enough to buy it and THEY had 30 days and THEY never took it back! But they, like you said, much rather pass the blame to a rep than on their own backs, to which they would have to admit the situation being their fault.
    07-28-09 09:27 AM

Thank you, finally someone sees what i do. This guy averages over 17 posts a day, none of which are either correct or contain and substance. Its like its a race to the most posts for this guy.
    07-28-09 04:32 PM
    Thank you, finally someone sees what i do. This guy averages over 17 posts a day, none of which are either correct or contain and substance. Its like its a race to the most posts for this guy.
    And all too often, it is a question in response to a question, as if unsure. (Example: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/vis...e-time-280643/ If you don't have an answer, then don't answer! In that example, it was even a bad response. Then to sit here and claim BBM5 was pushed to customers on top of borderline stirring up issues. Almost troll-like.

07-28-09 06:45 PM
    Alright guys - while I can see your points, is it really necessary? Maybe the guy (gal?) Is just lonely?

As for the premise of the OP, the real fault lies with the consumer for worshipping RIM, even through their recent trend towards putting out what is basically cheap junk.

While I have been seen on these forums advocating the superior functionality of the Samsung Saga, that phone does look and feel as if it was designed & made by Fisher-Price. Still, RIM would do well elevating themselves back at least to the quality level of Fisher-Price & away from the thin plastic, limited capability devices they have been putting forth.

07-28-09 07:43 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD