Ok, here's the deal, last night my remote fell off my bed and onto my phone which was charging on the floor. Didn't think anything of it. This morning I get up and my screen is cracked. Immediately I call Asurion to make a claim. But I can't get a new phone until Monday. Whatever, not a biggie. But something in me decided to hold the claim. The more I'm thinking about it, I'm wondering if I could go to Verizon and get it taken care of, since I have been having some software issues, (ie: phone locks up even when I'm not doing anything, ringers stop working on their own, etc) I realize they're not urgent issues, but if I can get Verizon to swap out my phone instead of paying the $50 deductible then why not, right?

My question, will Verizon do it?
    Thanks for any help.
    -Candice
    05-15-09 10:11 AM
    You probably have to go ahead w/ the claim. Not sure Verizon will issue a new device if you have a cracked screen.
    05-15-09 10:15 AM
    Yep - AZ is correct. Should have talked to VZW prior to the physical damage. This is an insurance claim now. Also get your your device synced and backed up. Although since you stated you are have software issues, this can be many thing, so I would do a sync and forgo a restore. PLease provisde addiional details about other issues and we can give options to resolve prior to backup.
    05-15-09 10:22 AM
    We can't warranty a phone with a cracked screen in store. Would have to be through Asurion.
    05-15-09 10:51 AM
    Cracked screen=physical damage=no warranty

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-09 10:57 AM
    Thanks for the quick responses guys. That's what I thought, but it was totally worth a shot! lol

Have a fabulous weekend!
    05-15-09 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD