01-05-09 07:11 PM
101 1234 ...
tools
    JRSCCivic98-any idea if it'll be a global phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 06:30 PM
    The Niagara is supposedly the next generation of the 8830, so it should be a world phone.
    11-24-08 08:01 PM
    I'll be waiting until the Niagara and/or Jupiter to come out first before making a decision on my next BB. I'm not quite convinced I like having a touchscreen, even if it does click.
    11-24-08 09:51 PM
    The Niagra is slated to have the same Qualcomm MSM7600 that's in the Storm. Spec wise, it should support the same radio capabilities, but the question is... would they put that in there? There is one thing certain... it WILL have WiFi on it.
    11-24-08 09:57 PM
    Interesting. i HOPE they put it on there! i don't see many globe trotting business men (and women) using the Storm!

i hope it will be both, global and wifi.

11-24-08 10:02 PM
    Yes seeing that I wasted months following that POS Storm. Did I just say that?

I'm really looking forward to the Javelin but the Niagra is pretty sweet as well. I hope it doesn't look like the Bold though. Make no mistake the Bold is a sharp phone but I want something different if it's going to be called the Niagra ; )
    11-25-08 01:32 PM
    Yea I hope the Niagara is its own phone basically. I want it to look like a brand new Blackberry. I also hope the internet browser is better then every other QWERTY keypad handset out too(I know I'm reaching)

From what I hear, the internet browsing experience on the Storm and the Bold when compared to most other phones is still mediocre.
    11-25-08 10:32 PM
    I am very excited to see the niagara. The storm felt like it came out of a quarter machine.

11-26-08 12:46 AM
    There is one thing certain... it WILL have WiFi on it.
    Even on Verizon? Surely you jest?
    11-26-08 01:51 AM
    I just returned the storm and got my beloved curve back. I will be most likely be looking into the niagara this time next year when I'm elligible for my one year upgrade.
    11-26-08 02:09 AM
    Even on Verizon? Surely you jest?
    No, I don't jest. Contrary to your belief, VZW doesn't have a problem with WiFi. New Samsung Omnia has WiFi, XV6800 has it, etc.
    11-26-08 02:23 AM
    So Verizon's reason for not putting Wi-Fi on the Storm I heard was because no one would need it with their fast 3Grev2 network. I don't buy this, even my slow Wi-Fi connection used with Clearwire would be twice as fast as data on the 3G network. Do you think it was RIM that didn't want to put Wi-Fi on the Storm?
    I should start a Poll, "Who thinks having Wi-Fi on the Storm would be a big benefit?"
    Look for it...

11-26-08 11:38 AM
    to answer the original question...
    sticking with the Curve.
    11-26-08 11:59 AM
    Impatiently waiting. I love my curve which is why i just returned my storm. Maybe I'm just not a touchscreen kinda person!
    11-26-08 01:38 PM
    I will also wait it out with my curve after seeing how unappealing the Storm is. I hope whatever pops out of RIMs a$$ is larger, beefier, and has a larger screen than even the Bold. c-mon already with these microscopic phones like the curves, pearls and javelin. Make a bigger one like the older models. At least make one for people who don't care about micro everything.

11-27-08 09:00 AM
    I have a strange sense of peace from being satisfied with my Curve. It lets me just sit back and watch everyone else chase the Storm, Bold, and future BBs. I'm perfectly happy to just lay low and see how things pan out.

Edit: But I don't know how long I'll be able to restrain myself.
    . Agreed!!!!!! I love my curve 8330!!!!!!

11-27-08 10:26 AM
    c-mon already with these microscopic phones like the curves, pearls and javelin. Make a bigger one like the older models. At least make one for people who don't care about micro everything.
    I could not have said it any better.

11-27-08 10:26 AM
    So Verizon's reason for not putting Wi-Fi on the Storm I heard was because no one would need it with their fast 3Grev2 network. I don't buy this, even my slow Wi-Fi connection used with Clearwire would be twice as fast as data on the 3G network. Do you think it was RIM that didn't want to put Wi-Fi on the Storm?
    I should start a Poll, "Who thinks having Wi-Fi on the Storm would be a big benefit?"
    Look for it...

Supposedly, Vodafone was the one that didn't want it and since the 9500/9530 are pretty much identical (the radio frequency activity is controlled by low level software) there wasn't much choice for VZW not to get it without WiFi. In all actuality, there really isn't that much room on the system board anyway for WiFi. Not according to the breakdown pics anyhow. Bottom line, VZW doesn't have an issue with WiFi, if they did, other phones wouldn't have it on there and the XV6800 is a couple of years old now with WiFi and the Palms also had them on there as well. The Storm's GPS is opened up now too so it looks like VZW is slowly learning not to screw with consumers because WE WILL make their days difficult.
    11-27-08 11:16 AM
    i'm going to stick with my Storm until the Niagara comes.

coming from an iPhone to a Storm was an upgrade. the next upgrade is going to be to the Niagara. handling the Bold and then the Storm, i definitely see why the Bold is the TOTL BB - too bad it's on AT&T

I just hope it's all black...
    11-27-08 08:26 PM
    I'am holding out for something better< but I don"t see it at this time
    11-27-08 10:21 PM
    I am extremely happy with the storm however it would not be out of consideration to get the niagra.. I never limit my possibility's

there is no doubt that the current BOLD is a work horse and nice device...

I will have to see how the storm pans out in the long run..

I really do enjoy having touch screen phones.
    11-28-08 05:20 AM
    Supposedly, Vodafone was the one that didn't want it and since the 9500/9530 are pretty much identical (the radio frequency activity is controlled by low level software) there wasn't much choice for VZW not to get it without WiFi. In all actuality, there really isn't that much room on the system board anyway for WiFi. Not according to the breakdown pics anyhow. Bottom line, VZW doesn't have an issue with WiFi, if they did, other phones wouldn't have it on there and the XV6800 is a couple of years old now with WiFi and the Palms also had them on there as well. The Storm's GPS is opened up now too so it looks like VZW is slowly learning not to screw with consumers because WE WILL make their days difficult.

Is its GPS really opened? I had not heard that. That is great news; I am sick of VZW blocking my GPS.

I will be waiting for Niagara.
    Last edited by ninthstar; 11-28-08 at 01:27 PM.
    11-28-08 01:15 PM
    I will get the Niagra as long as it doesn't have the problems or the crazy launch like the Storm.

11-28-08 01:18 PM
    It's going to be a LONG time before I'm eligible for an upgrade...July of 2010 if I'm not mistaken I briefly had the Storm (which I returned after less than 24 hours) and went back to my Curve. Before I switched to Verizon, I had a Bold from AT&T which I really liked, but the network coverage in my area was less than favorable. If Verizon will have their own version of the Bold by then, I will definitely be picking that one up.
    11-28-08 02:47 PM
    It's going to be a LONG time before I'm eligible for an upgrade...July of 2010 if I'm not mistaken I briefly had the Storm (which I returned after less than 24 hours) and went back to my Curve. Before I switched to Verizon, I had a Bold from AT&T which I really liked, but the network coverage in my area was less than favorable. If Verizon will have their own version of the Bold by then, I will definitely be picking that one up.
    you could always still pay full price. I don't know if there are any ways to pay less if you don't have an upgrade which, honestly, barely does anything for you anyways. I suppose 100 dollars is still 100 dollars, but idk. Its probably going to run 500+ which is really really frustrating. Anyone know any way to get a lower price?
    11-28-08 04:14 PM
101 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD