01-05-09 06:11 PM
101 123 ...
tools
    Has anyone flipped the switch on their Storm plans and decided to wait it out for the Niagara? Maybe even the Jupiter if you need the lower price point?
    11-21-08 06:01 PM
    Me, Me, Me I want it and now.
    Last edited by davidlw; 12-18-08 at 03:58 PM.
    11-21-08 06:12 PM
    I'm waiting for the Sunrise.
    11-21-08 06:16 PM
    No 3G, no buy!
    The Niagara WILL have 3G.
    11-21-08 06:22 PM
    I am going to be waiting.
    11-21-08 06:24 PM
    I'm waiting on future BB touch screens, i highly doubt i would love any of them until they up to par with my love for my iPhone. Till then i'm rockin the curve
    11-21-08 06:46 PM
    I wasnt planning on getting the storm, I will wait to see what the future brings. I am happy with my curve right now
    11-21-08 11:50 PM
    Bring on the Niagara in May 2009! Cant wait and I will be eligible for an upgrade then!
    11-22-08 12:50 AM
    I agree with Marc34, my curve is awesome for right now and will see what RIM has to bring for the furture. The Niagra does look like a great phone and can't wait to see the reviews when a demo comes out.
    11-22-08 03:09 AM
    I am in the same boat the rest of you are in. I am definitely looking forward to some concrete info on the Niagara. Hopefully its coming out sooner then May '09.
    11-22-08 05:09 PM
    i'm in line for it too! If it's a global phone like the storm i'll get it. If not, i will stick with my curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-08 05:10 PM
    I have a strange sense of peace from being satisfied with my Curve. It lets me just sit back and watch everyone else chase the Storm, Bold, and future BBs. I'm perfectly happy to just lay low and see how things pan out.

Edit: But I don't know how long I'll be able to restrain myself.
    Last edited by powernoodle; 11-22-08 at 07:18 PM.
    11-22-08 07:14 PM
    I'm not going for the touch screens, I didn't care for it with the LG Voyager. I ended up flipping it open and used the keyboard instead. I love my curve so we'll have to wait for the next one to see!

11-22-08 07:47 PM
    im definatly waiting for the Niagara, my two year upadate is may. it all works out
    11-22-08 08:49 PM
    I wasnt planning on getting the storm, I will wait to see what the future brings. I am happy with my curve right now
    I am the same way. I don't think the touch screen is for me.

11-22-08 11:44 PM
    No touch screen for me. I'm sticking with my Curve, will take a look at the Niagara whenever it comes out.
    11-24-08 09:58 AM
    The more I think about it, the more the release date of "May 2009" seems too far off. There is just way too much time between new Blackberries coming out on VZW. Verizon isn't going to get something equivalent to the Bold until May 2009. That doesn't sound ridiculous to any of you?
    11-24-08 12:28 PM
    The more I think about it, the more the release date of "May 2009" seems too far off. There is just way too much time between new Blackberries coming out on VZW. Verizon isn't going to get something equivalent to the Bold until May 2009. That doesn't sound ridiculous to any of you?
    Once again, May has not been confirmed. It could be February for all we know. Q1-Q2 is not equivalent to May. This shouldn't surprise anyone though. They waited just as long for the Curve and I wouldn't doubt they would do the same for the Niagara. One thing I've learned from always keeping track of upcoming releases...always assume the latest possible date and try to keep it out of your head until a reasonable time.
    11-24-08 01:43 PM
    i don't mind waiting for a phone. That usually means it has a more stable OS and added features and memory like the VZW Curve!

11-24-08 01:48 PM
    I'm waiting for the next (non-Storm) BB to come out on Verizon. Which would be either the Niagara (Bold) or the Jupiter (Javelin), right?.

What is the difference between them? Ideally, I'd like a bigger screen than the Curve. Does that automatically mean I should wait for the Niagara? Or will the Jupiter also have a bigger screen? Any other key differences? Thanks!
    Last edited by johnnylighton; 11-24-08 at 02:15 PM.
    11-24-08 02:12 PM
    I'm waiting for the next (non-Storm) BB to come out on Verizon. Which would be either the Niagara or the Bold.

What is the difference between them? Ideally, I'd like a bigger screen than the Curve. Does that automatically mean I should wait for the Bold? Or will the Niagara also have a bigger screen? Any other key differences? Thanks!
    Niagara is the CDMA Bold. They are not identical, but are matched up very similarly. The only other BB Verizon will get in 2009 in the Jupiter which is the CDMA Javelin.
    11-24-08 02:16 PM
    Once again, May has not been confirmed.
    Slow your roll. Not everyone follows the release dates or posts on here as closely as you. There is no need for the "once again" crap.

Anyway I was really looking forward to the Storm until I got completely turned off to it thanks to all the mediocre reviews that came in late. Then when I saw the phone opened up on the front page, I knew 100% that the phone wasn't what I thought it would be and from there I no longer wanted it.

The desire to change my phone is still there though so the wait for the next Verizon Blackberry for me will be a long one. I'm just eager for more pics and info to come out.
    11-24-08 03:49 PM
    Slow your roll. Not everyone follows the release dates or posts on here as closely as you. There is no need for the "once again" crap.

Anyway I was really looking forward to the Storm until I got completely turned off to it thanks to all the mediocre reviews that came in late. Then when I saw the phone opened up on the front page, I knew 100% that the phone wasn't what I thought it would be and from there I no longer wanted it.

The desire to change my phone is still there though so the wait for the next Verizon Blackberry for me will be a long one. I'm just eager for more pics and info to come out.
    People are continually assuming May as the release month, when it has never been confirmed. I want to correct people who are being turned off by how far away May is, by restating that nothing has been confirmed yet.
    11-24-08 03:54 PM
    People are continually assuming May as the release month, when it has never been confirmed. I want to correct people who are being turned off by how far away May is, by restating that nothing has been confirmed yet.
    I understand. You could go about doing it in a nicer way though lol. Thanks for informing me anyway.
    11-24-08 04:28 PM
    The Niagra should look closer to the 8900 really. I honestly hope that it does because if you look at all its stats, it's identical to the 8900 except it's CDMA RevA instead of GSM (non-3G). I'ma be pissed if it looks like the Bold. I want the Javelin look myself... with the big black trackball!
    11-24-08 05:02 PM
101 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD