I did a b/p just a minute ago and what do i find? The skype D/L. Don't you guys just hate it when they push crap on you. BIG RED stop invading my BB!
    03-25-10 07:01 AM
    your crying about Skype being pushed into your phone?/ r u kidding me?? one of the best pushed apps Verizon has ever gave us for free and your complaining about it?? get a life man
    03-25-10 07:33 AM
    Thing is, the app isn't even on said phone, its just an icon saying 'hey new service, check me out of you want or hide me '

No harm no foul, I wish Bell has Skype in Canada!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-10 08:11 AM
    I did a b/p just a minute ago and what do i find? The skype D/L. Don't you guys just hate it when they push crap on you. BIG RED stop invading my BB!
    All the major carriers are or will be doing it. Part of business nowadays
    03-25-10 08:12 AM
    And it doesnt have to be a restart. it can push anytime. All they have to do is resend service books on their end.
    03-25-10 08:13 AM
    I just wish we could set a folder up called "Pushed Items" and have all pushed things go right to that. I like to keep my main screen clean and organized!
    03-25-10 09:01 AM
    WTF! I'm pissed that they haven't push Skype to MY phone!!!!!! stop your crying because there are tons of us that would love to have that app!!!
    03-25-10 09:04 AM
    WTF! I'm pissed that they haven't push Skype to MY phone!!!!!! stop your crying because there are tons of us that would love to have that app!!!
    If you're on Verizon, you can still get the app even if it hasn't been pushed to you yet. Just go to mobile.vzw.com on your browser and there should be a link up top (if not, search for "Skype" in the search box on the page). Click on that and it'll take you to a download page for your phone. Voila!
    Last edited by slinky317; 03-25-10 at 09:57 AM.
    03-25-10 09:18 AM
    If you're on Verizon, you can still get the app even if it hasn't been pushed to you yet. Just go to mobile.vzw.com on your browser and there should be a link up top. Click on that and it'll take you to a download page for your phone. Voila!
    Gee thanks, but I want to be an a-hole customer and be pissed at them for something stupid. /end sarcasm
    03-25-10 09:51 AM
    I have a hidden folder called junk. I just move "offending" icons into that and stop thinking about it. No big deal.
    03-25-10 10:12 AM
    As long as any carrier controls the network that your phone runs on, they control the content that is "pushed" on your device. I use a Sprint and Verizon Tour and I can tell you that BOTH carriers push new apps on the phones as they are released.
    03-25-10 10:36 AM
    I just wish we could set a folder up called "Pushed Items" and have all pushed things go right to that. I like to keep my main screen clean and organized!
    You can. Its called Add Folder-name it Pushed Items-Select the icon-Press the menu key-select Move To-and move it to the folder. Its not hard.
    03-25-10 01:13 PM
    I meant automatically, but thanks.
    03-25-10 01:39 PM
    I meant automatically, but thanks.
    Ahh come on, that's just lazy....
    03-25-10 01:45 PM
    Click hide and quit whining.

03-26-10 07:01 AM
    Would not bother me in the least because I know to hide the icons and be on my merry way.
    03-26-10 09:21 AM
    Wow, everyone's so harsh. I don't "hate" it, but it's just a minor annoyance. It's not something that deserves hate. I have just learned to click hide and move on with my life.

In the case of Skype, I was eager to try it out -- so I was excited for it to be pushed to my phone. And if there was an easy way for me to share the Skype love with the non VZW people, I would.
    03-26-10 09:25 AM
    blackberry key>hide, poof its gone
    03-26-10 09:56 AM
    It can be kind of annoying, but it's really no big deal. Like others have said, just move it to another folder and hide it and forget about it. I did the same thing with Bing and forgot it's even on my phone. They're just providing their customers with new apps and service, it's part of their business. Some people like to have the new apps, some people don't. They're just providing us with the opportunity.
    03-26-10 10:36 AM
    At least Skype is useful.
    03-26-10 02:14 PM
    I am delaying a reboot as lng as possible...lol! No Skype yet! But yeah, hide 'em and forget about 'em.

03-28-10 03:21 PM
    I wonder if you can disable this via the "Advanced Options", "Browser Push" settings??
    03-29-10 12:17 AM
    I am glad to have Skype now to get my brothers to download it. LOL
    I am glad we have it, but I do agree we should be able to choose if we want something or not. I just hide in a folder what I don't want and forget about it
    03-29-10 12:34 AM
    For once they push something very useful and completely free, and the whiners only get louder...

03-29-10 09:02 AM
    For once they push something very useful and completely free, and the whiners only get louder...

+1. I agree lol.
    03-29-10 09:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD