Well here is the deal. I have been fighting for hours to get my verizon blackberry to work on my alltel contract in a 100% converted area. Anyways they made my phone worse. I had 1X working and I could have got my phone to work using qpst. They somehow disabled BIS but refuse to remove the BIS service package even though they disabled it on my phone and I can't turn it back on. I don't know what the did but the BB browser is gone too, along with email setup!

I have never had problems like this before in my life. I was just going to settle with them removing BIS but the wont do it. Now I don't know what to do. I hate being irrate customer.

Another guy another forum said he could help me out if I gave him my cell and the last four of my social.
    07-15-09 05:27 PM
    I would probably try national customer service. That sounds like something that would be best dealt with by the 2nd tier Tech Support over the phone (they tend to be more knowledgeable on things like this than many store reps, including myself).

As for the browser being gone, they'll just need to resend you the service books, which just requires you telling Tier 2 tech what your BB Pin is.
    07-15-09 05:29 PM
    I would probably try national customer service. That sounds like something that would be best dealt with by the 2nd tier Tech Support over the phone (they tend to be more knowledgeable on things like this than many store reps, including myself).

As for the browser being gone, they'll just need to resend you the service books, which just requires you telling Tier 2 tech what your BB Pin is.
    This is how it pretty much went with the first store. I selected PDA tech support. The guy tried the basic battery pulls etc, then he called level 1 tech, then he called advacne and BB tech. The last tech dude said it was impossible. I left the phone there for the store manager or there tech dude. Came back told the phone would never work..

I try with another store because I had the 1X network working so I know nothing is wrong with the phone...

So I start from the bottom again. They do the same thing but this time they put the phone on a verizon number. The tell me the phone must be deffective Now the 1X network does not work at all when it worked for me.
    07-15-09 05:34 PM
    Also, they must have flagged me as irrate customer at this point because they have spent hours and hours trying to do something. Everything is just going around in circles and what good does calling countless techs do.
    07-15-09 05:36 PM
    Also, they must have flagged me as irrate customer at this point because they have spent hours and hours trying to do something. Everything is just going around in circles and what good does calling countless techs do.
    So they basically told you the phone was bad but didn't offer you any kind of warranty replacement or replacement option? Mind you, I'm in an area where Altell is pretty much unheard of so I dont know if it has something to do with the conversion... Did you ask about a replacement option? I mean, you have a phone and you can't use it the way it is meant to be used...

Also, it's very rare that we flag someone as an irate customer, and you'd have to go through A LOT to get there (like threatening an employee).
    07-15-09 05:45 PM
    So they basically told you the phone was bad but didn't offer you any kind of warranty replacement or replacement option? Mind you, I'm in an area where Altell is pretty much unheard of so I dont know if it has something to do with the conversion... Did you ask about a replacement option? I mean, you have a phone and you can't use it the way it is meant to be used...

Also, it's very rare that we flag someone as an irate customer, and you'd have to go through A LOT to get there (like threatening an employee).
    lol I have not said I was going to go postal on anyone yet.

My phone has no replacement options as I bought it from a friend outside of contract.

Also, I still dont think the phone is defective. I had 1X working.. now nothing works but voice and msg.
    07-15-09 06:25 PM
    Wow nothing works on my phone now.. No data, voice or text.
    07-15-09 06:39 PM
    Geez... did they mention if it was a problem with the phone or with the service itself? If it's a service thing, we really should be doing everything we can to fix it, but if it's your phone, I'd look for a replacement.

Also, PM me the name of the guy who offered to take a look at your account with your cell # and last 4 of your SSN... I know a few of the reps here by their call tags, so depending on who it is, I may be able to vouch for them. But I could in theory ask for that info too if you want to PM me, but you still have no guarantee that I'm a VZW rep other than by my word, and I'm personally paranoid about that kind of stuff (having a random person running around with your cell number, your last 4 of ssn, and access to your Verizon account).
    Last edited by Lady.Khrystal; 07-15-09 at 07:14 PM.
    07-15-09 07:11 PM
    Can you verify account through home address?
    07-15-09 07:55 PM
    So I just found out the data is down on their end while they were trying to fix my phone :-|
    07-15-09 07:55 PM
    Never EVER give anyone here that kind of information. Even if you knew beyond a shadow of a doubt they are actually employed by verizon, you are off the verizon radar. No recorded call, no paper trail and no breadcrumbs.

I repeat: it is bad enough to share phone number or email or pin, it is suicide to give home address or last four of your ssn to go with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 08:26 PM
    Anytime you do have that type of problem, the calls the rep made in the store you can do yourself. If you ever have a serious problem like that just call the regular number, ask for level 2 tech support, which is the advanced tech you mentioned, the agent on the phone will say can I help you and just say no, I know on this issue you can't and I don't feel like waiting so can you please patch me through to level 2 tech support. I always say cut out the middle man. Most things they do for you in a store, can be done all by your lonesome with the right knowlege. I now even wonder how I ever maintained the amount of customers I did when I worked as an indirect agent.
    07-15-09 08:36 PM
    the BB techs wont touch this problem because it has to do with the network and the other techs say it is just not possible.
    07-15-09 08:47 PM
    Yeah I would say don't give out your info on here, even though whoever pulls up your account will be seen in the system as pulling up your account and you didnt callin or go to a store. I would say kill all the people in the store. LOL
    Last edited by blue_and_bold; 07-16-09 at 07:16 AM. Reason: i... dont.... know....
    07-16-09 07:15 AM
    Can level two techs verify if a phone is defective without seeing the phone?
    07-16-09 08:02 AM
    Yeah we can remote into the phone to see if its defective.
    07-16-09 11:44 AM
    Now they are saying the phones PIN is registerd to another network and it was never correctly disabled...
    07-16-09 05:12 PM
    Now they are saying the phones PIN is registerd to another network and it was never correctly disabled...
    If that's true then the friend you bought the phone from needs to release the pin from the network the phone was on. If that is the case then most likely none of these issues are even verizon's fault and that's why they weren't able to help you with anything. You should talk to your friend.

07-17-09 02:43 AM
    RedSox is correct if that is the case.

The PIN must be released from the previous device owner's account completely in order for it to work on yours.

Talk to your friend ASAP and have him confirm that the PIN has been disconnected from his account.
    07-17-09 03:04 AM
    If that's true then the friend you bought the phone from needs to release the pin from the network the phone was on. If that is the case then most likely none of these issues are even verizon's fault and that's why they weren't able to help you with anything. You should talk to your friend.

If the pin was never released then why was it sucessfully reg to alltel? I got the welcome msg and everything. Plus I could use BB msgern and browser.
    07-17-09 10:39 AM
    If the pin was never released then why was it sucessfully reg to alltel? I got the welcome msg and everything. Plus I could use BB msgern and browser.
    You could use the browser with no data plan?
    07-17-09 11:24 AM
    call a customer service rep and threaten to switch carriers that should get their attention
    07-18-09 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD