Up until yesterday, I was able to check how much data I've used on my Verizon online account. Now it only shows the call log and text usage. The data usage is gone. I thought maybe because I was close to the end of my billing cycle, but that's not until the 29th.

Anyone else notice this? It's not a big deal, as it's the unlimited BIS plan, but it was kind of fun to keep track.

mrsding
    01-27-09 06:37 AM
    you can also dial #3282 from your handheld, and that should send a free text message with the information.

01-27-09 06:42 AM
    It was there for me a couple days ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-09 06:42 AM
    I normally like you ck just for fun and to make sure no charges I was unaware of I have heard some terrible horror stories. So I check my regularly,maybe they are have some issues with their site......Have a great day!
    01-27-09 07:02 AM
    Notice the nice site revisions - VZW is making some needed improvements while integrating their offerings. No longer will you make a mistake going to the wireline site instead of wireless.

With these improvements, there seems to be some changes. My thought is that the data is gone, because if you have an unlimited data package, why show it? So I called my account manager with this question, to see just how close I was...

I was told that the old way was scaring a lot of people into thinking their bill would be out of site. This was generating unnecessary calls into customer service, which was driving up costs - in the end, customer satisfaction was dropping because of it. He said that as part of the LTE & Open Network conversion, they will not be tracking normal data usage (again, there is no 5g limit for phones), so why have a spot for it in MyVerizon?

You can still check your phone. Press #, then while holding down the ALT key, press D A T A SEND.

Again - if you have unlimited data, there is nothing to track. If you have a dumbphone without unlimited data, you can track it, as it is billable.
    01-27-09 07:47 AM
    I appreciate the information.

mrsding
    01-27-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD