6 14.63%
  • Unconcerned with the technology - I am happy with what I have

11 26.83%
  • Confused - What is LTE?

4 9.76%
10-28-09 04:09 PM
31 12
tools
    That is a good piece, although a little pessimistic. It does balance VZW's slightly over-optimistic statements.

One problem I have with that article is it is assuming radio chip costs from antiquated data, then turns around & mentions free netbooks for early adopters. The chips are roughly the same - it isn't like there is a lot of real estate in a netbook, so miniaturization isn't the issue. But battery life might play into it, as netbooks do have a little more room there.

I will say they are out there - I know this personally - in netbooks, laptops, handsets & more.

The other problem is you made me put down my BlackBerry, as that link is not BlackBerry-friendly. Had to read it on my TP2!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-09 04:19 PM
    The other problem is you made me put down my BlackBerry, as that link is not BlackBerry-friendly. Had to read it on my TP2!

Funny I just read it easily on my Storm

10-27-09 09:22 PM
    Dude, get a device and worry about LTE when it comes to full strength. It's not like you phone is going to quit working when LTE drops. You're drive yourself crazy trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. Just my opinion though. Good luck...
    10-27-09 10:21 PM
    Dude, get a device and worry about LTE when it comes to full strength. It's not like you phone is going to quit working when LTE drops. You're drive yourself crazy trying to keep up with the latest and greatest. Just my opinion though. Good luck...
    Um, who is driving themselves crazy over it?

Certainly not me - take a look at my user panel. Definitely not the VZW reps here - they get their devices cheap, and by the rumors, they get them a year before you do.

Looked up & down & haven't a clue as to whom you're making reference to.

"Luck" is never good - it is an evil concept & by your lack of comprehension in this thread, it is obvious you've been drinking cheap whisky again.

10-27-09 10:31 PM
    Thanks man
    Appreciate it.................
    10-27-09 11:28 PM
    IMHO, I don't think 4g will catch on initially, esp in this economy. Unless it is warp speed improvement, it would appear gimmicky until coverage is as good as 3g, and I don't think anyone is going to sacrifice coverage for a minimal speed boost, even for a shiny new device? I may be wrong but, once the tech junkies and world travelers get their 4g's, who is left to buy in this market. I would argue there are many more like me, who don't even want an OS upgrade unless it provides monumental improvement! I am getting a new 3g, prbly the 9700, to use for a couple years or more while the LTE "evolves" in US. 3g coverage should be great for a long time, and it should be a huge advance over my 8330 anyway. Maybe Im wrong about bb-nation, and maybe they WOULD rather have a shiny new device w/4g? Sounds more like apple-inuts to me. But, then again, I was using a palm zire and cell up until a year ago when I got my first BB...so what do I know!!!!!!?????? LOLOLOLOL
    10-28-09 04:09 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD