Anyone know where you can view a copy of your subscriber agreement? I just got the word that im moving for a new job, and Verizon coverage there isnt so great, and even on the coverage locator, its spotty. AT&T actually claims to have service there. Just wondering if Im going to be able to terminate with ETF fees. I have 4 lines, so that would suck big time.
    08-18-09 09:14 PM
    Just look at the copy you got when you started service.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 09:22 PM
    Customer Agreement

If you want to see links for the other three of the big four, check out my series of posts in the "Unpredictable" thread.

08-18-09 09:28 PM
    Just look at the copy you got when you started service.

Yeah, ill dig that up from 5 years ago, and im sure its changed since then anyways with contract extensions/upgrades, etc. They dont give you a new copy when you upgrade online, or in the store for that matter.
    08-18-09 09:28 PM
    As an addendum, I know the Service Agreements for all carriers nearly by heart. Moving to an area where coverage "isn't that great" is NOT a valid reason to get out of a contract with any of the carriers - you must move to an area where the carrier in question doesn't provide service.

Where are you moving to?

08-18-09 09:31 PM
    As an addendum, I know the Service Agreements for all carriers nearly by heart. Moving to an area where coverage "isn't that great" is NOT a valid reason to get out of a contract with any of the carriers - you must move to an area where the carrier in question doesn't provide service.

Where are you moving to?

There is flat out no coverage where Im moving. Point Arena, CA. I'll be working in Ukiah where it works fine, but not at my house. In reality, my phone kinda works there outdoors, but once I step indoors, it goes away.

When you type in Point Arena, CA in the Verizon coverage locator, it shows up in the middle of the country, then when you zoom once, its correct, dont know why.
    08-18-09 09:39 PM
    The problem there is, no carrier will guarantee service indoors.

Your big problem will be that A) It is a VZW service area & B) That is a horrible area for ANY cell service.

There are two towers in the area - USCellular, which carries their traffic and VZW. If you're not getting it with VZW, you won't get it with USC either. The other tower is operated by Redwood Coast Communications, which is owned by USC.

That is an area we went through last month on our way to Canada. NONE of our phones worked well. The GSM phones quit & if not for the repeaters in the RV, we'd have been stuck hanging it out the window during a full moon.

08-18-09 09:57 PM
    The problem there is, no carrier will guarantee service indoors.

Your big problem will be that A) It is a VZW service area & B) That is a horrible area for ANY cell service.

There are two towers in the area - USCellular, which carries their traffic and VZW. If you're not getting it with VZW, you won't get it with USC either. The other tower is operated by Redwood Coast Communications, which is owned by USC.

That is an area we went through last month on our way to Canada. NONE of our phones worked well. The GSM phones quit & if not for the repeaters in the RV, we'd have been stuck hanging it out the window during a full moon.

How is this considered a VZW service area with the coverage locator clearly indicates no coverage in the city im moving too?
    08-19-09 02:29 PM
    The master list shows it to be VZW territory - the online coverage map has all sorts of disclaimers.

Your best shot is this - when you move, call them & explain the situation. Don't tell them the part about the indoor signal. They will check & respond accordingly.

If you make even the slightest reference to losing signal indoors, you will cause yourself problems.

As I said before, that area is terrible on any carrier - even USCell.

08-19-09 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD