Has anyone heard any specifics on what the 25-30 rumored markets for LTE launch in 2010 are? I have seen NJ, Minneapolis, and Columbus, OH area, but that is only 3... And has anyone actually seen or used LTE yet? At a trade show or anything. I realize that it really isnt out yet. Thanks in advance!
    12-05-09 08:38 PM
    I don't think there is a definitive list or anything out there but nobody here used LTE yet since they don't even have devices available yet. There have been a few devices put through the wringer at the FCC but nothing has been available. Remember, LTE wasn't even a standard till earlier this year so they couldn't make devices for it yet.
    12-05-09 09:39 PM
    I don't plan on worrying about it for a while. By the time there is devices that support it and everything is switched over it will be still quiet some time.

If anything though, I see it launching in big cities first like New York City, LA, etc.
    12-05-09 10:01 PM
    I would think Philly would be on the list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-09 10:04 PM
    I'm pretty sure Basking Ridge, NJ made the cut of their first 35
    12-05-09 10:21 PM
    im pretty sure the most populated states would get introduced to LTE first New Jersey, New York, California, etc...
    12-05-09 10:25 PM
    Not necessarily. Since there aren't any LTE devices on the market ATM it doesn't matter if they launch in LA or in Athens, GA, and they might be better off in the long run in Athens. They can rollout a couple of devices there, give them away to their kinfolk down there, let them test it out, and basically just test LTE in a more controlled environment than, say LA. Of course I could be entirely wrong.
    12-05-09 10:46 PM
    ...i constantly see news how Verizon is upgrading its networks and they all appear to be on the East Coast from what recollect. LTEportal.com is collecting survey questions on LTE ... probably a good way to submit questions that interest you. It is on the left side under 'what you need to know' or somewhere there.
    12-07-09 02:01 AM
    I heard a rumor it was to Boston and Seattle in the coming months, but that's unverified.
    12-07-09 08:09 PM
    I heard a rumor it was to Boston and Seattle in the coming months, but that's unverified.
    Boston and Seattle already have a small group of sites complete on LTE that they are using for testing/tweaking/etc.

They aren't commercially available (neither are devices yet) for use though...

PG
    12-07-09 09:31 PM
    I was reading that LTE is more closely related to GSM than CDMA, which is interesting to me that Verizon would lauch this format. Maybe Verizon wants to swallow up AT&T too... Then Sprint could just die a slow death (Not that Verizon has been exceptional by any means)
    12-09-09 02:22 PM
    Yea closer to GSM, but really it's something totally new.
    12-09-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD