03-18-14 03:43 PM
57 123
tools
    Another prediction (2-24) in another post .... another failed guess.
    Can the moderators ban people who routinely "guess on good authority" yet are wrong??
    I know about leaks .... running 10.2.1 on my Z10, which is why I want it on my Real Work phone, as well. Can not void warranties by installing leak on the Z30.
    Let's go VZW.!!

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:24 PM
    You're worried about voiding your warranty by loading a leaked OS? Seriously? I'm cracking up over here!

Posted via CB10
    saxxman likes this.
    02-24-14 07:27 PM
    Lol all you would have to do is wipe the device and they wouldn't ever know you installed a leak.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 07:30 PM
    Not true.... after installing the leak my camera died. doing a wipe and going back to the VZ load didn't bring it back either.

Nor did side loading the camera bar....

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 10:23 PM
    Maybe the Q 20 ( classic) will be out before VZ upgrade to 10.2.1,.....

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 03:59 AM
    Not true.... after installing the leak my camera died. doing a wipe and going back to the VZ load didn't bring it back either.

Nor did side loading the camera bar....

Posted via CB10
    Mmmm so you reloaded the OS? Well just say the camera stopped functioning.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 07:01 AM
    Almost at the end of February.

Wonder if we'll see our VzW 10.2.1 by the end of tomorrow.

Fingers crossed but certainly not going to bet any money on it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:16 AM
    I am in agreement. I am waiting on this update too. I have asked VZW and they claim to know nothing and no response yet from any official BB outlet. :/
    02-27-14 02:03 PM
    Guys, seriously, I always waited for Verizon to roll out the updates, but just a few days ago when I got my Z30, I said the hell with it and updated to 10.2.1.2102 and it is flawless!

Here's where I got it from.
    Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader - BlackBerry Support Community Forums
    saxxman likes this.
    02-28-14 02:40 PM
    Another prediction (2-24) in another post .... another failed guess.
    Can the moderators ban people who routinely "guess on good authority" yet are wrong??
    I know about leaks .... running 10.2.1 on my Z10, which is why I want it on my Real Work phone, as well. Can not void warranties by installing leak on the Z30.
    Let's go VZW.!!

Posted via CB10
    Spoke with lead VZW BlackBerry Tech. More excuses. Said 10.2.1 was tested and worked fine so was released January 28th for Z10. That we know. For Q10 was told that OS had to be tweaked to work with hard keys, screen size, and screen resolution. For Z30 was told had to be tweaked for screen size and resolution.

I pulled the BS card and asked why the Q10 and Z30 have been updated no problem in countries like Canada and also many people have loaded Sachesi and leaks without any issues.

He had no comment at that point, just told me to either be patient or risk loading myself.

Saw a new OTA in Canada today, maybe US carriers are just so slow to test and can't keep up with releases. Can't believe a word they say.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30 on VZW from Philly
    02-28-14 04:55 PM
    Wipe will not bring it back to original os

Posted via Z10 running 10.2.1.2102
    02-28-14 10:22 PM
    OK, so...my wife and son are on Z10s, I'm on the Z30, and like you guys, waiting for the update.
    If I put in my wife's sim card, since she is on 10.2, would I get the update?

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 06:11 PM
    OK, so...my wife and son are on Z10s, I'm on the Z30, and like you guys, waiting for the update.
    If I put in my wife's sim card, since she is on 10.2, would I get the update?

Posted via CB10
    No. The operating software is not on or tied to the SIM card.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-01-14 09:22 PM
    No. The operating software is not on or tied to the SIM card.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Ah well...it was worth asking I suppose.
    Thanks for the response.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 09:35 PM
    Yes it's pretty frustrating that the z30 is BlackBerry's flagship device and that Verizon made it exclusive on their network and they seem to not even care if they sell them, or support them. It's a shame really, because this is such a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 10:25 PM
    Still love my Z30, and my z10, and still asking , like the OP, where is the update from Verizon (some of my ported paid apps would have to be repurchased if I load a leak, as I found out when I loaded 10.2.1 to the Z10).
    Come on VZ!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:30 AM
    I asked Verizon and they said there was "no official word" on when the Z30 would be getting an update and told me to check with BlackBerry......

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:10 PM
    I grew tired of waiting for Verizon to finally release the update. Also, I don't think there is really anything complicated about the update for them to take so long, so I used different ways to upgrade my Z30. This is the website that I used to upgrade my phone... Upgrading OS10 devices using Autoloader - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

By clicking on the Sachesi download link I was able to upgrade my phone without having to wipe nor losing any of my settings and it still works fine. For those who are familiar with Samsung Kies, updating this way seem very similar to Kies. Basically, you're using the 10.2.1 update released by a different phone company who has already released it and using it to update your Verizon phone, but in my case; all the Verizon specific apps (such as My Verizon Mobile) and the Verizon splash screen that opens when you reboot the phone still works fine.

It doesn't appear to be a leaked update, but official instead because you're probably using an update release from a different phone company.

This may be worth a try.
    Last edited by Dave Templeton; 03-03-14 at 02:01 AM. Reason: Being new, realize I needed to create Title
    03-03-14 01:46 AM
    The Title "Waiting on Verizon may not be necessary" didn't show for my 1st post; so this is my attempt to clarify. Thanks!
    03-03-14 02:03 AM
    Seems like Verizon does not care about BlackBerry customers like wishing they would go away or something. Almost like ignore their update request and they will go away and buy a DROID or an apple. Z30 is better.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:52 AM
    Seems like Verizon does not care about BlackBerry customers like wishing they would go away or something. Almost like ignore their update request and they will go away and buy a DROID or an apple. Z30 is better.

Posted via CB10
    If only there was something posted a while back that may have explained why the American carriers halted the 10.2.1 update.....

http://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-w...tact-flaw-1021

The Mayor hath spoken.
    03-03-14 09:04 AM
    That's fine but put out an official statement to your customers as to why and how long till the release hits (if an estimate is at all possible).

VzW customers shouldn't be left to research this on their own or be left in the dark entirely.

To be accurate: I appreciate the fact that extra attention may be being given if in fact there is a problem. But let yes know one way or the other.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:33 AM
    That's fine but put out an official statement to your customers as to why and how long till the release hits (if an estimate is at all possible).
    My guess is no official statement will be made about the delay of this release because there was no official statement from VZW that it was coming.

The Mayor hath spoken.
    03-03-14 11:02 AM

By clicking on the Sachesi download link I was able to upgrade my phone without having to wipe nor losing any of my settings and it still works fine. For those who are familiar with Samsung Kies, updating this way seem very similar to Kies. Basically, you're using the 10.2.1 update released by a different phone company who has already released it and using it to update your Verizon phone, but in my case; all the Verizon specific apps (such as My Verizon Mobile) and the Verizon splash screen that opens when you reboot the phone still works fine.

It doesn't appear to be a leaked update, but official instead because you're probably using an update release from a different phone company.

This may be worth a try.
    Which settings did you use for Verizon in Sachesi, Dave?
    03-03-14 08:41 PM
    Hello Btj.

I didn't use any setting for Verizon. Instead I used settings for Vodafone based in the UK, since they released the update and Verizon didn't. Sachesi does have settings for Verizon, but only for their current 10.2.0 unupdated release and would be useless.

It looks more complicated than it really is and I would agree if someone said that the instructions looks like a complicated essay written by a Northwestern University student at first glance. Click on the link in my post and when the webpage opens up, click on the link that opens up a download page for downloading Sachesi.......... And then follow the instructions; although due to the nature of the instructions you'll need to read carefully.

The instructions will direct you to use (for the Z30 anyway, other BB10 phones will be slightly different) a certain number for the country code (for UK, since none of the American phone companies released the update), model number for phone (same number for the Z30 for all Z30 phones regardless of model number, and a couple of other numbers to put in the boxes. Then you'll download the update, which will go into your download folder. Then making sure you have 2 windows open (for your download folder with the just downloaded update AND the window containing the Sachesi program), you click and hold the update file and drag the file into the large Sachesi box. The update will then begin immediately, with a warning to make sure you keep your phone connected to your computer. The numbers will be different for different model phones, and the instructions will tell you which numbers to use.

As far as keeping phone connected to the computer, very early in my updating my phone disconnected from my computer by accident. At that point I just simply re-connected and started over again and my phone updated with no problems whatsoever. If this happens to you, don't reboot the phone; just re-connect and when starting over Sachesi will just simply re-send the already sent files to your phone and continue updating like nobody's business (at least in my case, I can't say for all cases).

Even though I used the Vodafone's version of the update, there's nothing on my phone alluding to Vodafone in any way and my Verizon specific apps and the boot splash screen works just as before. From that I would tend (but no promises) to think the same would hold true with the other 3 American phone companies on the Z30 since it appears that Vodafone may not had made very many changes in the update if any at all. For the other Blackberry 10 models that might require an update from a company different than Vodafone, I don't know; but since you're using a non-destructive update methods; all your settings will be kept. But back up your phone just in case.

Good luck

P.S........ As I said, it looks more complicated than it really is. If you use this program again for a different phone, it then would be quite easy.
    03-03-14 09:27 PM
57 123