I am trying to upgrade my storm to an Android. I am not the account holder of my Verizon wireless account, but I am an account manager. I have two questions:

1. I can buy the phone at best buy or verizon wireless. The account holder can't be present while I buy the phone. Am I still eligible to get the phone since I am an account manager? If so, what information will I need to give to them?

2. I am currently on the additional line for $9.99 plan. If I upgrade at best buy, will they be able to keep this without messing everything up?

Thanks, and I hope I can get that droid today!
    12-06-09 03:51 PM
    Why can't the account holder know? Is it a gift?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-09 04:23 PM
    Why can't the account holder know? Is it a gift?

Its a gift and I live 400 miles away.

12-06-09 04:30 PM
    lol, well it all matters on the rep, I believe if you go through the corporate locations, they can upgrade device but cannot activate new lines of service if you are a authorized user on the account with photo id and know the password. I know tmobile doesnt have any issues doing this for cst. and You should be able to upgrade anywhere verizons logo is.
    12-06-09 04:34 PM
    Yes you can add a new line of service as an authorized user. As long as you are on the account and you have the password or photo ID.
    12-06-09 07:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD