1. jcls.wv519's Avatar
    Does anyone know when Verizon will discontinue the sale of the Storm 9530? That's the phone I would like to have when I upgrade, but I'm not eligible until March 25. The Storm2 is a little pricey for me, so it's either the first Storm or the Tour 9630.
    01-22-10 10:37 AM
  2. e150gt's Avatar
    Not sure but I dont see them in the stores anymore. They are still available online...
    01-22-10 11:01 AM
  3. _X_'s Avatar
    You might want to good off I wouldn't be too surprised if by March or later that year the storm 2 will be much cheaper than it is right now.

    While I really like my storm 1 I would buy the storm 2 over it's predecessor in a heart beat. The hardware upgrades are well worth it.

    =X=

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 12:28 PM
  4. pkcable's Avatar
    You might try calling Verizon, they might move up your renewal date, expecially if you are moving from a non smart phone.
    01-22-10 12:31 PM
  5. jcls.wv519's Avatar
    I've tried talking to Verizon and they said I'm not eligible to upgrade yet. Even though I am having trouble with my current phone. What else should I say to them to convince them to let me upgrade?
    01-22-10 02:10 PM
  6. lastraid's Avatar
    Maybe by March, the price of the Storm 2 may drop. But one never knows
    01-22-10 02:25 PM
  7. WhoolioPreludee's Avatar
    ask for the customer loyalty dept. they will pretend not to know. but that dept will get your upgrade moved up. trust me. i did it
    01-22-10 04:36 PM
  8. lastraid's Avatar
    How long ago did you do this? There is no more loyalty dept anymore that I am aware of

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-10 05:36 PM
  9. OneWaySRD's Avatar
    Storm 2 is a "little" more pricey but the wifi is worth it.
    01-22-10 09:29 PM
  10. Kepeli's Avatar
    The Storm 1 was taken off VZW's website for a little while, I believe during mid-holiday season, then it was reintroduced onto the site a little while after. It's steady drop in price also foretells of it's imminent discontinuation. Like the majority have stated, the Storm 2 might drop by the time you are ready to upgrade. And by then, rumors of the Dakota or Storm 3 or Bold 5000 or Tour 25 or the Curve 67.4 might surface. LoL. OK, exaggeration extreme. Seriously, with the 'extras' you get, the Storm 2 would be a better investment in the long run.
    01-23-10 04:12 AM
  11. R.O.C.'s Avatar
    ask for the customer loyalty dept. they will pretend not to know. but that dept will get your upgrade moved up. trust me. i did it
    No such department exists... Save your self the embarrassment and humiliation, and don't do this... Read on...

    You might try calling Verizon, they might move up your renewal date, expecially if you are moving from a non smart phone.
    You might... No harm in trying, but don't be surprised if they make you wait...

    Maybe by March, the price of the Storm 2 may drop. But one never knows
    Wouldn't be surprised with the Palm's coming out and possibly the Nexus One before then as well...
    Last edited by R.O.C.; 01-23-10 at 06:01 AM.
    01-23-10 05:59 AM
  12. xpressingit's Avatar
    Depending on what store u go to....if u have a good case (I.e. Good payment history, multiple phones, no managers discretions ) you may have your update pushed. Especially if ur getting a blackberry. Being a tech I've def seen it go either way since we push the upgrade

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 07:01 AM
  13. jcls.wv519's Avatar
    Payment history's decent, no manager discretions, and there's 2 phones on the account. Plus, we just bought a Mifi 2200 broadband card. I have no problems whatsoever with VZW, plan to stay with them, and go to work for them out of college. My current phone, the LG Scoop, is having so many problems...the keyboard, sometimes, will only catch every 5th letter (not as large of an issue) and it will randomly shut off and sometimes in the middle of a call. Do I have a case if I would contact a store?

    Depending on what store u go to....if u have a good case (I.e. Good payment history, multiple phones, no managers discretions ) you may have your update pushed. Especially if ur getting a blackberry. Being a tech I've def seen it go either way since we push the upgrade

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-10 10:06 PM
  14. tlo07's Avatar
    The s1 is still available on eBay. You wouldn't have to wait for your upgrade date then.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-10 08:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD